+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
As per IRCC:

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
  • Police certificates meeting the above requirements can be accepted even if they have an expiry date that has passed.
  • This includes the requirement to provide a police certificate for countries in which the individual has travelled for 6 months or more in a row, whether or not the individual had an established residential address during this time.
  • Police certificates are required upfront and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent 6 months or more in a row within the last 10 years. The individual does not need to provide one for any period of time before the age of 18.
Thank you so much!!
However, it doesnt mention if I can travel from my country of residence after getting PCC and before submitting my application.

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
So IRCC must have sent it to NSSD and it may not have been initiated there.
Thanks a lot for your reply, the security screening (comprehensive) was updated as not started on 17/08/2020 on my CBSA notes. There is no activity after that and the CBSA notes were generated on 09/10/2020. I am just worried that security screening was not started from 17th August till 9th October (almost 2 months). Is this normal? I am just confused because security screening itself is a very long process and delay with even initiating the process will leave me where :oops:.

I am January 2020 AOR.

Thanks in advance for your reply and utmost support @legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hi,

Do you know whether "review required" in GCMS notes cause longer processing times? If yes, any estimation? Is there a reason for the difference of the avarege processing times between PNP-EE applicants and regular EE applicants( 9 months- 6 months) ?
Review required is fairly common and the process regardless is taking longer, see the latest stats from IRCC

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558
Source: CIC_EDW (MBR) as of January 3, 2020
Data is operational and as such should be considered preliminary and subject to change.

• Processing times refer to the time in which 80% of applications were finalized by IRCC. The processing time is measured from the day a complete application is received until the time a final decision is made by an immigration officer.

PRjourney2020

Nov 6, 2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot for your reply, the security screening (comprehensive) was updated as not started on 17/08/2020 on my CBSA notes. There is no activity after that and the CBSA notes were generated on 09/10/2020. I am just worried that security screening was not started from 17th August till 9th October (almost 2 months). Is this normal? I am just confused because security screening itself is a very long process and delay with even initiating the process will leave me where :oops:.

I am January 2020 AOR.

Thanks in advance for your reply and utmost support @legalfalcon
The security screening is a generic term. during security screening, there may be many agencies involved, or none at all. IRCC sends a request to National Security Screening Division (NSSD) for whom the SS is to be done. NSSD then may also get CSIS involved. In some cases IRCC may not need any inputs from other agencies, and the file is never sent to NSSD.

Also, the NSSD only provides their input, and based on that the decision is made by IRCC.

If your file has been sent to NSSD, and if CSIS is involved, until CSIS completes their part and submits the report to CBSA, you will not see any more activities even though the SS is in progress. Security related activities will never be disclosed and they are redacted.

To read the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/3lieUQD

IF you see SS, thee just wait it out.

Reactions: arbu45

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much!!
However, it doesnt mention if I can travel from my country of residence after getting PCC and before submitting my application.
The points applicable to you is:

• For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant stayed in that country for 6 months or more in a row.
Since your are no longer residing on your country of citizenship, you can get a PCC even if you travel back but do not stay for over 6 months.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Are you sure? It looks like CEC needs min 1 year experience https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html#minimum
and the valid job offer needs to be LMIA exempt or with LMIA. PGWP is Open work permit which doesn't satisfy either of those.
The question is about POF and not CEC.

If you are a CEC applicant or a person who is applying under FSW, but have a work authorisation to work in Canada a valid job offer, you are exempt from PoF requirement.

Who does not need proof of funds
You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family if

• you’re applying under the Canadian Experience Class or
  • you’re authorized to work in Canada and you have a valid job offer, even if you apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program
Keep your funds up to date in your profile. The system may find that you’re eligible for more than 1 program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you’ll be invited under.

Reactions: SijuJoseph

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
The security screening is a generic term. during security screening, there may be many agencies involved, or none at all. IRCC sends a request to National Security Screening Division (NSSD) for whom the SS is to be done. NSSD then may also get CSIS involved. In some cases IRCC may not need any inputs from other agencies, and the file is never sent to NSSD.

Also, the NSSD only provides their input, and based on that the decision is made by IRCC.

If your file has been sent to NSSD, and if CSIS is involved, until CSIS completes their part and submits the report to CBSA, you will not see any more activities even though the SS is in progress. Security related activities will never be disclosed and they are redacted.

To read the security screening manual see

IF you see SS, thee just wait it out.
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon for your support and guidance during the process. I will order another set of notes in this month and will keep you posted.

Reactions: legalfalcon

karthiksisla

Oct 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon , I am on work permit and recently came to India due to some urgency. Right now I am doing work remotely from India. So my question is how long can I work remotely from India while having valid Canadian work permit.
Thank you

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
The points applicable to you is:

Since your are no longer residing on your country of citizenship, you can get a PCC even if you travel back but do not stay for over 6 months.
Hi, Actually I am residing in my country of origin as I dont have a residence visa for KSA.
I am on 2 years multiple visit visa, hence stay in KSA and only do exit and re-entry to my country of origin after 6 months of stay in KSA and come back to KSA for another 6months.

That is why I want to know if Im getting PCC from pakistan (country of residence) and go back to KSA (visit visa) is it possible?
Or I have to stay in my country of residence till I submit my application for PR?

LuckyandHappy

Sep 6, 2020
Thank you!

It's been hard to unpack the Valid Job offer part as it says:
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer, continuous, paid, full-time (at least 30 hours a week), for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa, not seasonal, in a job that is NOC: Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A, or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Are PGWP based jobs LMIA exempt?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, Actually I am residing in my country of origin as I dont have a residence visa for KSA.
I am on 2 years multiple visit visa, hence stay in KSA and only do exit and re-entry to my country of origin after 6 months of stay in KSA and come back to KSA for another 6months.

That is why I want to know if Im getting PCC from pakistan (country of residence) and go back to KSA (visit visa) is it possible?
Or I have to stay in my country of residence till I submit my application for PR?
Yes, it is possible. I do not see any issues.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , I am on work permit and recently came to India due to some urgency. Right now I am doing work remotely from India. So my question is how long can I work remotely from India while having valid Canadian work permit.
Thank you
You can work as long as you want. However, the WP will expire and to go ask to Canada you will need a visa. Apart from that there is no restriction on how long you can work.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you!

It's been hard to unpack the Valid Job offer part as it says:
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer, continuous, paid, full-time (at least 30 hours a week), for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa, not seasonal, in a job that is NOC: Skill Type 0 or Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made

if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A, or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
  • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
  • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
  • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
Are PGWP based jobs LMIA exempt?
If you have a PGWP, you do not need a LIMA.

DDEE

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
The general processing times for all programs have increased. As per the 2019 annual report the average time now is 8-9 months, and this was pre-covid.

<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/express-entry-year-end-report-2019.html>

How long did it take to process an Express Entry application?
Table 35 displays the time, in months, that IRCC took to process 80% of applications under each program. In 2019, IRCC did not meet the processing standard of finalizing 80% of all applications sourced via Express Entry within six months. The processing time for Express Entry, overall, was eight months. As an alternative measure of processing times, 60% of applications finalized in the 12-month period ending on December 31, 2019, were completed within the six-month service standard.

Table 35: Processing Times for Express Entry applications finalized by year and immigration category, in months
Program201720182019
Canadian Experience Class457
Federal Skilled Worker469
Provincial/Territorial Nominee669
Federal Skilled Trades6712
All Programs558

Subsequent to this, IRCC also published the evaluation of Express Entry upon the completion of 5 years of express entry in May 2020. A lot of recommendation have been made in it.
Thank you @legalfalcon