Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Can anyone help me with an entry in CBSA notes entry given below. Some background of my case is following.

- I married post-ITA (February 2018) and added my spouse into the application
- Eligibility and criminality are Passed for me and my spouse according to notes
- Security is ongoing according to CBSA notes

I need help with the following entry in the CBSA notes,

ORGANIZATION & ENTITIES
Name: EE Processing Issues Post APR and Pre-Approval Marriage
Type: Entity
Other Sub Type: EE Processing Issues Post Eligibility Marriage
Reason: Organization Member
Effective Date: 26/10/2018
This section usually contains information on verifications done by third parties. It is based on your documents,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ legalfalcon, I will be coming to Vancouver on my closed work permit, till get BC license can I drive on International driving license ? if yes for how many months its allowed ?
After moving to BC, you have 90 days obtain a BC license.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks a lot @legalfalcon for your reply. I woke up to an exciting news that my application has been sent for comprehensive security screening (confirmed through CBSA Notes). The confusion I have is that I was asked for an ADR of travel history details and the due date for this ADR is on the 18th of November, 2020. As per my my CBSA notes, the security screening status is not started. Does it imply that the security screening will start after the review of ADR or it has already been started. I am very confused.

My eligibility was passed in August 2020 and security screening entry date is after 10 days of eligibility being passed. The activity section has only one activity of security screening and new value of that activity is not started.

CBSA notes were executed on 7th October, 2020. Also they have sent both the applicant me and my spouse for comprehensive security check, is that normal?
How can you be so sure that you are in comprehensive SS. Also, not all family members are sent to SS.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon so till those 90 days i can drive a rented car on interntional driving license ?
When you get a rented car, they will ask you for a DL. It is upon them to let you drive their car or not. Usually they do, but make sure you get insurance.

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
How can you be so sure that you are in comprehensive SS. Also, not all family members are sent to SS.
In my CBSA notes under the admissibility section, security has a sub-activity with type as security screening.

The security screening has further details under it as
Security screening type: comprehensive
No of people sent for screening: 2 ( there are two applicants in the file me and spouse only).
Thanks in advance @legalfalcon

ShakthiH

Dec 12, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My PR got approved today and I have a question regarding 'Funds to Follow'.. Is there a provision for us to bring legally earned money(tax paid for in home country) by declaring it? I heard there was a provision to update it as 'Funds to Follow' during soft landing, but unsure how exactly that worked and if there is any provision like this now during the times of virtual landing.

Some details which may help-
1. I am an Inland CEC applicant.
2. During the PR application, as there was no need to show POF, I just entered 2k. But now since I am a PR, I would like bring in money from my home country possibly for a down payment. Money is my own and earned via employment.
3. My PR status changed to 'Approved' this morning, but still awaiting a formal email and any other letter from IRCC regarding next steps.

Reactions: MARYKE4NNY

MARYKE4NNY

Nov 1, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-08-2019
AOR Received.
16-08-2019
Passport Req..
12-05-2021
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My PR got approved today and I have a question regarding 'Funds to Follow'.. Is there a provision for us to bring legally earned money(tax paid for in home country) by declaring it? I heard there was a provision to update it as 'Funds to Follow' during soft landing, but unsure how exactly that worked and if there is any provision like this now during the times of virtual landing.

2. During the PR application, as there was no need to show POF, I just entered 2k. But now since I am a PR, I would like bring in money from my home country possibly for a down payment. Money is my own and earned via employment.
3. My PR status changed to 'Approved' this morning, but still awaiting a formal email and any other letter from IRCC regarding next steps.
Congratulations.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
In my CBSA notes under the admissibility section, security has a sub-activity with type as security screening.

The security screening has further details under it as
Security screening type: comprehensive
No of people sent for screening: 2 ( there are two applicants in the file me and spouse only).
Thanks in advance @legalfalcon
Unfortunately that is a clear indication. You can do nothing except wait for IRCC to be done with the SS.

To read the security screening manual see https://bit.ly/32cADSF

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

There is no such things as "funds to follow. Only if your are a new resident you can have goods to follow.

As regards funds, you can bring any funds to Canada as long as they are not over 10K if your are brining Cash.

For bank to bank electronic transfer there is no limit at all. All such transfers of high amounts are reported to FINTRAC by law. Apart from that there is no other requirement that you have to meet. If the amount transferred is high, you may have to answer some questions as to the source etc.

See https://www.fintrac-canafe.gc.ca/guidance-directives/transaction-operation/1-eng

HarisAli

Aug 29, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I am a Ontario PNP nominee who received his PR on Feb, 2020. Due to this Covid situation I was not able to travel. My COPR is set to expire in Dec, 2020. I got married last month so I raised a Web form for IRCC stating change of my marital status. Today I got a response from them. Some part of the response is as below:

Furthermore, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

This line that I highlighted in red is causing me nightmares. They haven't mentioned any timeline to submit the above docs. Also, my application was approved which means the final decision has already been made? Please suggest how should I proceed now.

Reactions: puneet kanda

Princess2020

Star Member
Jan 1, 2020
If your profile has already been rejected you will have to create a new profile. You can send a webform and request for a change in your profile. But the fastest way would be to create a new one and get your PNP nomination linked to your profile.
Thanks @legalfalcon.
My new profile is not rejected. Only at the provincial nomination area it says the PN expired. When I click ? for details it says the PN was not received in time.
I already generated webform and also sent email to BCPNP to let me know if my PN certificate will be linked to this profile or do I need to delete it and creat new one. There r no clear instructions.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon.
My new profile is not rejected. Only at the provincial nomination area it says the PN expired. When I click ? for details it says the PN was not received in time.
I already generated webform and also sent email to BCPNP to let me know if my PN certificate will be linked to this profile or do I need to delete it and creat new one. There r no clear instructions.
You can definitely create a new profile and leave the current one as is. If your nomination is added to your older profile, you will be good to go and you can delete your new profile. Alternatively, you can continue to work on your new profile, and late when things get resolved, you can delete you older profile.

Its all about speed and efficiency. Remember that your PNP nomination can only be attached to one profile. So if doing it with your current one is difficult, create a new one and add the nomination there as per the BC guidelines

Reactions: Hussainkhan2019

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I am a Ontario PNP nominee who received his PR on Feb, 2020. Due to this Covid situation I was not able to travel. My COPR is set to expire in Dec, 2020. I got married last month so I raised a Web form for IRCC stating change of my marital status. Today I got a response from them. Some part of the response is as below:

Furthermore, if you are the principal applicant of a permanent residence application already in process, you could add your spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children to your application, even if they were listed as a non-accompanying dependant in the initial application.

To do so, we invite you to send your add-on request through the IRCC webform available on our website. You can attach the following forms and documents in the field reserved to that effect:

Useful tips

• If you need information to fill out the forms, please consult the Fill out the forms section of the instruction guide found in the application kit that you have initially used to apply.
  • If the newly eligible family member is a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child who is already a permanent resident or Canadian citizen, only a copy of the birth certificate, marriage certificate or proof of common-law relationship and a letter of explanation are required.
  • It may be impossible to add a member of your family to the application if a final decision has already been made.

This line that I highlighted in red is causing me nightmares. They haven't mentioned any timeline to submit the above docs. Also, my application was approved which means the final decision has already been made? Please suggest how should I proceed now.
Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status.

Until you land in Canada and are admitted as a PR, you can add your spouse to your application. However, if you have landed and admitted as a PR, then you will have to sponsor your spouse by filing a spousal sponsorship application.

IRCC has clarified this at :

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Hope this answers your question.

Try and submit the documents requested as soon as possible.

Congratulations on your wedding!!

Reactions: HarisAli

canpraspirant

Jul 8, 2020
Unfortunately that is a clear indication. You can do nothing except wait for IRCC to be done with the SS.
I understand that this needs lot of patience and faith. I am confused about the status of security screenings as per the status it's not started since August 2020. The notes were generated in October 2020. What does not started means? @legalfalcon