+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

ab.1

Star Member
Aug 25, 2016
BC
If you have a PhD or are pursuing one, or a degree in sciences, this is a routine request for back ground check. However, if you do end up in security screening, it may take longer.
@legalfalcon i got the same request cv + supplementary form including schedule A ,travel history . Is it a ss ? What should i make of it ?

Priyal1717

Star Member
Feb 5, 2019
Auckland, New Zealand
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31/7072018
AOR Received.
31/07/2018
Hi Legalfalcon

Quick question please:
How can we transfer our funds to Canada?
Are we able to open a bank account before moving there?
I am planning to move by the end of September this year. Just trying to figure on how should I transfer my funds there?

Please help!

Thanks in advance

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Can you please post the eligibility note as is, without your interpretations.
Thanks @legalfalcon for replying. Following are the relevant parts of the Eligibility notes verbatim -

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2019/05/30 07:52:47
SUMMARY NOTES: REVIEW REQUIRED FUNDS SEE EDOC ********* A11.2: REVIEW REQUIRED R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : REVIEW REQUIRED R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : REVIEW REQUIRED FSW points total: 70 Outstanding Documents (Requested): - RPRF RPRF: Outstanding
______________________________________________________________________________________
SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Approx. CAD $0 - CAD $8100 as per HDFC Bank statement at 2019-03-07; - CAD $10920 as per SBI statement at 2019-03-07; - CAD $-1014 as per Credit Cards statement at 2019-03-02; Family of 3 requires CAD $19 093 NOTE: REVIEW REQUIRED FUNDS AVAILABLE SEE EDOC *********

(I have omitted rest of the parts which says employment, education, etc. records have been reviewed and are ok)

Now the issue is the HDFC bank calculation makes no sense. Here are the fund details according to the documents I submitted (approximate conversion to CAD from INR) -

HDFC Bank
Savings - CAD $3,900
Fixed Deposits - CAD $19,274
Recurring Deposits - CAD $3,900

SBI
Savings - CAD $6,900
Fixed Deposits - CAD $3,800

Credit Cards
Amount details mentioned by the agent is correct. Please note, this is not an overdue amount; the amount is my usual monthly bill that I pay off every month.

Provided FD details, 6months bank statements for both the banks, Mutual Funds redemption statement to explain one of the FDs, etc.

RPRF was requested on the same date as this note and I paid off in 2 days. Shows up as paid on 2019/06/06 in my GCMS notes. Last note was on 2019/06/12 with the text PReVU Verified (applicant information)

ColexMT

Jul 14, 2019
Thank you.

The refusal letter did not mention any misrepresentation.

In her US visa application, she mentioned working with company ABC from 2014 to date (as at the time). In her Canada application, we are stating she was studying and learning craft within the same period, which is visible on the internet.

So, our concern is if the contrasting details (between the two applications) will be deemed material by CIC.

Thank you once again.
@legalfalcon, please. Kindly find time to respond to my case. Thanks

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

I got 2 ghost updates on my profile. Called after the first one and came to knowing that my eligibility passed. Then I got ADR for my spouses Schedule A. A week later I got another ghost update and I was told that security check is completed and the only thing left is the final review of the officer.

It's been a week now and the status is still the same. I was wondering if you know what might be causing this delay. How security check can be completed without an officer's decision?

I still haven't got GCMS notes that I ordered from getgcms on May 1st and on June 1st, so I can't really see what was going on with the file.

Last edited:

oxiz3n

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon,

My question - I have used Uncle in Canada adaptability points but now that I have enough fsw points that is 70, and waiting for next ITA, can I remove my uncle from application now? As I don't want to get in hassle with getting documents, will be tough.

There have been some cases where people updated their EE profile and got invalid for reasons unknown. So I'm a bit worried should I update now? Thanks!

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Hi legalfalcon,

My application is stuck at CIO Sydney with Review Required status. While providing job documents, I couldn't get my reference letter from HR so I attached a reference letter from my Manager in one job and my Senior who is still working in the same company

These are the documents I attached for each company

Company 1

1. Offer Letter
  2. Experience Letter
  3. Release Letter
  4. Payslip
  5. Reference Letter from Senior, With job duties, but not on Company Letter head.
I checked with my Senior and he doesn't have a business card but he gave me picture of his Company Badge if that could help

Company 2
  1. Offer Letter
  2. Employement Verification letter Since it was internal Job transfer to a different NOC
  3. Payslip
  4. Reference Letter from IT Manager, With job duties, but not on Company Letter head.
IT manager gave me his business card now that I can add if it could help.

Here are some more details about my application

AOR: January 19, 2019

Medical done on February 27, 2019

BioMetric March 7, 2019 Completed.

Country of Citizenship: India

Country of Residence: USA

Response from MP office

Eligibility requires review.

Criminality passed.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

This is the response I got from ordering GCMS notes. Can someone please advise if there's anything I can add my application now to get it moving.

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
Hi legalfalcon,

My application is stuck at CIO Sydney with Review Required status. While providing job documents, I couldn't get my reference letter from HR so I attached a reference letter from my Manager in one job and my Senior who is still working in the same company

These are the documents I attached for each company

Company 1

1. Offer Letter
  2. Experience Letter
  3. Release Letter
  4. Payslip
  5. Reference Letter from Senior, With job duties, but not on Company Letter head.
I checked with my Senior and he doesn't have a business card but he gave me picture of his Company Badge if that could help

Company 2
  1. Offer Letter
  2. Employement Verification letter Since it was internal Job transfer to a different NOC
  3. Payslip
  4. Reference Letter from IT Manager, With job duties, but not on Company Letter head.
IT manager gave me his business card now that I can add if it could help.

Here are some more details about my application

AOR: January 19, 2019

Medical done on February 27, 2019

BioMetric March 7, 2019 Completed.

Country of Citizenship: India

Country of Residence: USA

Response from MP office

Eligibility requires review.

Criminality passed.

Security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

This is the response I got from ordering GCMS notes. Can someone please advise if there's anything I can add my application now to get it moving.

Did you upload the letter of explanation and email.conversation with hr as a proof that the company denied giving letter to you ?

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
Did you upload the letter of explanation and email.conversation with hr as a proof that the company denied giving letter to you ?
This is where I messed up. I did not upload any LOE with my application, just the documents.
As for the email from HR, I contacted my first company and the HR didn't even respond to my multiple emails so I got the reference latter from my senior, and my second company is the one I'm currently working in and they are in a process of filing my H1B, when I asked them for reference email they said they will send it my lawyers directly in case it is needed. They always think I need it for my H1b process but I can't let them know I'm also applying for Canada PR.

So for my situation right now, Can I upload a LOE now and attach my Senior's badge and my Manager's Business card? What could I even write in the LOE now that would make sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ssindhwani

Jul 5, 2016
Gurgaon
Category........
CEC
The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First, an analyst will review and make a recommendation. Then this recommendation is reviewed by an officer, who makes a final determination over the file.

The analyst will make things, that he /she things need to be flagged, and there are review required.

Here, your your bank account states credit card statements or entries, but you did not disclose it in your PoF.

IRCC clearly states to mention all debts. If you do not have any debt, as in if you pay off your CC every month, you need not worry. Also, see my post in this, re-posting it again:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.
Thanks legal falcon for the detailed reply.. Have received the passport request last night.. Basis GCMS notes did submit additional credit card statements to show that the card were paid fully every month. Can't comment if they made a difference or not.. seems like did speed things a bit.. Have another question i travelled to Thailand for a vacation from 14th to 20th July 2019 do I need to declare this as well through a web form or just submit the passports to VFS..? Thanks for all your help

JamesRodriguez

Mar 8, 2019
Category........
FSW
Passport Req..
January 2020
VISA ISSUED...
January 2020
LANDED..........
February 2020
This is where I messed up. I did not upload any LOE with my application, just the documents.
As for the email from HR, I contacted my first company and the HR didn't even respond to my multiple emails so I got the reference latter from my senior, and my second company is the one I'm currently working in and they are in a process of filing my H1B, when I asked them for reference email they said they will send it my lawyers directly in case it is needed. They always think I need it for my H1b process but I can't let them know I'm also applying for Canada PR.

So for my situation right now, Can I upload a LOE now and attach my Senior's badge and my Manager's Business card? What could I even write in the LOE now that would make sense?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Explain the same in the Loe and attach the email you sent and explain that HR didnt even reply of email dated

And send one more today ,attach this one also.

Have you got job posting of your position on linkedin or company portal or any authentic job website ,posted by your company ?

If yes, attach that too, If company is applying for H1B ,then have definitely submitted a letter for us visa application with job duties. If possible ,request them that letter and attach that too.
Doesn’t matter if it is for h1b application:

Good luck

Pink Orders

Sep 12, 2018
All paper based files are destroyed after some time and only electronic copies are retained.
hello, @legalfalcon thanks for your reply to this thread. based on Megan's query, my understanding is if the paper files are destroyed, I am still able to get my electronic copies of paper files through ATIP, am I correct? appreciate.

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
Hey @legalfalcon

Firstly thank you so much for this thread, its been absolutely amazing! A great resource and a great community.

I could really use your guidance on my issue, here goes:
I am an architect (NOC 2151, skill level A), which comes under the list of regulated professions which need a license to practise in Canada. Now I have never acquired a license or registered in India and my 2 year of work experience has been in an architectural firm (where a license not necessary). The NOC also suggests that it requires a masters degree, and my work experience was acquired straight out of my bachelors.

Now I have the choice to apply under an other NOC 2251 (architectural assistant, SKILL LEVEL B), less regulated and requires fewer qualifications. would it be safer to do this? Will choosing the NOC 2251 with the lower skill level B, effect my future job perspectives and ITA in any way?

Thank you very much in advance!!