+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
SEEKING ADVICE - Review Required for Settlement Funds in GCMS Notes

Dear @legalfalcon,

Let me begin with a note of thanks for the immense help and support you provide. I have been a silent spectator of this forum, it seems like it's time I need some advice myself.

I got my GCMS notes yesterday. My case and status is as follows -

AOR - 21st March, 2019
Stream - FSW-O (India)
Family - Family of 3 (spouse and child unaccompanying)
Status (mix of IRCC portal messages and GCMS notes observations below) -
Notes applied - 23rd June, 2019
Notes received - 24th July, 2019
Medical - Passed
Biometrics - Done
Criminality - Passed for mine, Not Started for wife (overall, In Progress)
Security - Not Started
Eligibility - Review Required

ELIGIBILITY

The notes suggest Education, Work Experience, etc. are all good. Only observation for which it was put in review was Settlement Funds. Funny really as this was the last thing I expected to cause trouble. Family of 3 needs $19,390. I showed ready availability of approx $34,000! I backed my funds claim with all the statements, explanations of all large credits to my account (all of them were from salary sources, no eye-brow raising stuff there), etc.

I cannot make sense out of the agent's notes. I'm not mentioning individual amounts, but the summary of discrepancies is as follows -
Bank 1 - Mix of savings balance, RDs and FDs (considering only accrued amount for FDs and RDs) amounts to $24,000. The agent noted the funds availability in this account as $0 - $8,000. The amount indicates they considered some of my FDs but not all of them (as my savings balance doesn't amount to $8,000)
Bank 2 - Mix of savings balance and FDs amount to $10,000. This was noted fine by the agent in its entirety (no discrepancies here)
Credit Card Dues - Noted as $1,000 which is correct (note, this is just a regular monthly due that I pay off every month, not accumulated stuff).

The only sense I can make out of it is, they didn't consider my FDs which were less than 6 months old. A lot of my FDs show up as <6months as -
i. Most of them were old FDs that matured and were reinvested. So the starting date shows up as new.
ii. One of them was a new FD that I created after puling some amount out of my Mutual Funds as I understand volatile instruments are not considered as POF.

I have attached all details in POF and LOE regarding all of these. I have provided 6-months full bank statement that clearly shows the maturity and recreation of the new FDs. I have provided withdrawal statements of the Mutual Funds (all in my name, withdrawn directly to my account). I even explained all the large credits on my bank statements in LOE with proper bookmarks and links to appendices.

The question is, what do I do now? Should I -
i. Proactively raise a CSE with a summary of explanations that I have already put in LOE (because I have nothing new to explain or that is not already there in the LOE)?
ii. Liquidate the FDs and send them an updated Saving Balance statement through CSE?
iii. Just wait for the officer to review? This option seems like something that would take months or even more than a year!

Thanks for reading it out and your advice.

Regards
Dear @legalfalcon,

Any help here will be much appreciated. I provided them with all bank-related documents. Not sure how there can be a vast mismatch!

Reactions: m.arsalan

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
@legalfalcon
I am from India but will be moving to US in September. I am planning to do a Soft Landing from US in November and had following questions:

a) For PoF documents, I will get bank letters in August end, will these work for entry in November?
b) For goods accompanying list, do we also need to include the valuables that we are wearing (like gold bangles which we might be wearing while travleling?)
c) From India, where do I get Jewellery valuations done. Are there any goods other than jewellery for which valuations are required to be done?
d) After once landing in Canada, I'll come back to US. Then landing again few months later with all the jewellery again, how will I be allowed to enter without paying duty on jewellery as most of my jewellery will be on goods accompanying list.

Thanks for your help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon.

Here's my status
PNP Inland (Express entry)

AOR- Feb 12
Med passes- Mar 28
IP1- Mar 28

No update after that
The background check has not started yet, eligibility is under review
I also ordered gcms notes on jun 14 and has not received yet
Can u pls tell me if there are more cases like me, i mean people being stuck on IP1
Lately there have been delays. In the next few things, it should get better. Also, what is your VO?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I am from India but will be moving to US in September. I am planning to do a Soft Landing from US in November and had following questions:

a) For PoF documents, I will get bank letters in August end, will these work for entry in November?
b) For goods accompanying list, do we also need to include the valuables that we are wearing (like gold bangles which we might be wearing while travleling?)
c) From India, where do I get Jewellery valuations done. Are there any goods other than jewellery for which valuations are required to be done?
d) After once landing in Canada, I'll come back to US. Then landing again few months later with all the jewellery again, how will I be allowed to enter without paying duty on jewellery as most of my jewellery will be on goods accompanying list.

Thanks for your help.
a. Yes
b. see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/guide-landing-settling-canada-permanent-resident/
c. If you are not carry too much, there is no need to get valuations, but if your are carrying a lot, then you can contact a certified jeweller, who is approved by the government.
d. The is nothing known as landing once and again. Neither is there anything knows as soft landing. When you enter Canada for the first time, and you re admitted as a PR, you become a PR. That is it. After that whether you stay in Canada for a few hours, days, or years, is entirely up to you. When you are admitted, you can show your goods accompanying list, they will stamp it and give it to you. When you come to Canada the next time, and if you re stopped, just show the list and you will be fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Could anybody please help me....

I completed my masters through distance education while pursuing my job.
1.Will it be considered full time or part time degree?
2. Can i claim points for these working years when I did my master( through distance learning) along with.
Thanks in advance.
Get your ECA done, it will depend on the evaluation.

If your education was outside Canada, you can claim points for the work done along with the education.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon. Posting for the 4th time, hoping you would respond to this.

GCMS NOTES OPINION REQUESTED

Request your input here. Though I am not very worried, because we have a YES to a Stat question, because we had a previous EE application that got rejected since my masters was not recognized, and submitted an LOE and the Schedule A explaining the same. This time we have applied in my Spouse's name.

Please tell me if all seems ok? Criminality is passed, and in the detailed notes, I saw in a couple of places as follows:

Application --> Eligibility: Passed - Candidate.
But then again saw: "Not Started" After that. Assuming this is the 2-3 different officers doing the same task, one after the other?

Please see attached screenshots, and let me know what you think.

https://imge.to/i/qvVtf
https://imge.to/i/qv9gx
The note your have is for the R10 and not the eligibility.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
-------------------
Yes Legal Falcon, the dates I filled in the profile was 06-03-2017 which is DOJ & since I was currently working there at that time CIC acknowledged the AOR Date as final date of working which is 27-07-2018 giving me 1.5 years of experience as per GCMS notes. Now to better my case I have resigned my job on 1st July 2019 and the company finally gave me a letter as per CIC's requirements which is 06-03-2017 (exactly same as before) and the last day of working as 01-07-2019 giving me an experience of 2.5 years.

I have claimed for 1.5 years,
but company gave me a letter for 2.5 years of experience. Will this be a problem though what I claimed earlier falls well between the dates given by my company?

My concern is does the ending date have a problem because CIC as considered the last day of working as AOR which is 27th of July 2018 and now I have given a letter with last day as 01-July-2019. Since the experience is locked at AOR will it still be a problem?

I have also clearly mentioned everything in a letter of explanation, also do I need to submit payslips, offer letter and appointment letter again. I have already submitted all of them before.

"SNAPSHOT OF GCMS BELOW"

The letter confirms salary - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 1 year and 5 months. CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 5 months. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 1year work experience.
@legalfalcon , Dear Legal Falcon, your viewpoint on the above will be really appreciable ? Is there anything to worry?

Thanks in advance.

Donuts4life

Jul 28, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon. Thank you for helping out the community here.

I’ve been waiting for an update on my PR application after adding my spouse to the application and haven’t heard back since 6 months after submitting all documents of my spouse. Also ordered GCMS notes.

My status in the application online shows - “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check”.

The estimated completion time before my change in marital status was 27/Mar/2019.

Could you help us with the following questions -

Q.1 Can you help in identifying where my application is stuck?
Q.2 Is it normal to have waited so long and not received any update from IRCC (post 6 months from submitting all spouse documents)?
Q.3 Is there a way to expedite or help in processing of the application.

Here are the details of my application:

ITA Received: 22/Aug/2018
PR documents submitted: 27/Sep/2018
Medicals submitted: 07/Sep/2018
Medicals passed: 29/Oct/2018
Marriage: Informed IRCC early Nov 2018
IRCC request for spouse documents: 20/Nov/2018
Moved to US from India: 02/Dec/2018
Spouse documents submitted: 19/Dec/2018 (within deadline except India PCC for spouse)
Spouse India PCC provided: 11/Jan/2019
IRCC Acknowledgement for change of address: 29/Jan/2019

[NO UPDATES FROM IRCC SINCE THEN]

Received GCMS notes: 16/May/2019

GCMS Notes:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2019/01/29 16:41 :41
Created By: MD13768
Updated Date: 2019/01/29 16:41 :44
Updated By: MD13768
Restricted: No
Label: General
Office: CPC-Ottawa
Text: Received: Signed lease agreement with new address x PA/SP eDoc XXXXXXX Updated info in GCMS.

NOTES: 2

Created Date: 2019/01/15 23:00:37
Created By: MD13768
Updated Date: 2019/01/15 23:00:40
Updated By: MD13768
Text: Received: India PC x SP eDoc XXXXXXX

NOTES: 3
Created Date: 2019/01/09 18:46:43
Created By: JC18393
Updated Date: 2019/01/09 18:47:10
Updated By: JC18393
Text: Received: SP Add on Kit. RPRF sent for allocation; MEDS passed

NOTES: 4
Created Date: 2018/11/20 17:09:06
Created By: CY19580
Updated Date: 2018/11/20 17:09:09
Updated By: CY19580
Text: Rec'd change in marital status kit sent, bf 30 eDoc#XXXXXXX

NOTES: 5

Created Date: 2018/11/14 21:49:03
Created By: MN16780
Updated Date: 2018/11/14 21:49:03
Updated By: MN16780
Text: PReVU Verified (applicant information)

NOTES: 6
Created Date: 2018/10/29 06:40:23
Created By: JG8251
Updated Date: 2018/10/29 06:40:35
Updated By: JG8251
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
REVIEW TYPE: Program Assistant APPLICATION #: EEXXXXXX REGULATION: FSW I have reviewed this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file and note the following. MIN.SCORE: 440 CRS SCORE: 450 Principal Applicant Application Promoted: New UCI Primary Applicant Medical Attached to UCI: Yes Client Fees: Verified -----LANGUAGES----- Principal Applicant English- IEL TS and Met Threshold & Verified -----EDUCATION----- Primary Applicant ECA report Verified on issuing agency website; foreign credential confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency Summary reported by issuing agency as Master's degree Foreign credential provided -----POLICE CERTIFICATE----Primary Applicant India police certificate: Provided-NRT R10 OK Recommendation: Pass Criminality -----AGE----Applicant's age reviewed and No Change from ITA to e-APR -----DOCUMENTS SET FOR REVIEW----- Client Information

NOTES: 7
Created Date: 2018/10/29 06:39:11
Created By: JG8251
Updated Date: 2018/10/29 06:39:11
Updated By: JG8251
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text: Name on Application changed: Old Value(s): <Name and Location Scrubbed>

More notes (8-15) based on declaration, consent, questions such as have you applied before etc.

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon

I have a specific query for my case. I am separated and have the child from the marriage with me but yet to receive final custody papers which might take some time. I have received an ITA, and I am in the process of filling the form. I have listed the child as non-accompanying for now and plan to bring her later since pre-school will be expensive as an immigrant single parent, and the child will reach school age in a year by when I should be in a better position to support.

My question is - what should I mention the reason for non-accompanying dependant. Honestly, my reason is to find employment and ensure resources and then bring the child after settling in. It will be a nightmare to bring a toddler along while looking for jobs, apartments etc. Can I mention this as the reason? Please help!

Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon

I have a specific query for my case. I am separated and have the child from the marriage with me but yet to receive final custody papers which might take some time. I have received an ITA, and I am in the process of filling the form. I have listed the child as non-accompanying for now and plan to bring her later since pre-school will be expensive as an immigrant single parent, and the child will reach school age in a year by when I should be in a better position to support.

My question is - what should I mention the reason for non-accompanying dependant. Honestly, my reason is to find employment and ensure resources and then bring the child after settling in. It will be a nightmare to bring a toddler along while looking for jobs, apartments etc. Can I mention this as the reason? Please help!

Thank you!
You can put exactly what you have stated. However, be advised that if you sponsor your child later, it takes 12 month to get the application approved.

Ideally, you can mention your child as non-accompanying for now. During the processing of your application, or anytime before your land in Canada, you can change the status of your child from non accompanying too accompanying.

Your child can land with you and then return to India, and stay there for 2 years, and then come to Canada, and continuously stay here for 3 years and still meet the residency requirement. This approach will save you time and money in the long run.

Iamgonnamakeit2019

Jul 10, 2019
You can put exactly what you have stated. However, be advised that if you sponsor your child later, it takes 12 month to get the application approved.

Ideally, you can mention your child as non-accompanying for now. During the processing of your application, or anytime before your land in Canada, you can change the status of your child from non accompanying too accompanying.

Your child can land with you and then return to India, and stay there for 2 years, and then come to Canada, and continuously stay here for 3 years and still meet the residency requirement. This approach will save you time and money in the long run.
Thank you so much; I will do exactly that.

Thank you!

Reactions: legalfalcon

SK_Regina

Star Member
Sep 27, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I need a suggestion please assist:

I had created my EE profile in Dec 2018 and at that time I was having my FSWP score as 67 and my birth date is June 3. I received the ITA on June 25,2019 i.e after my birthday so my points fall to 66.

I got the nomination from BC on June 23, 2019 and I applied via EE profile.

Now, I'm still in the process to file the eAPR but I'm very much confused now because my scores are less than the eligibility i.e. 67 in FSWP but my CRS are well above the cut off points because of the nomination.

My question is, whether the 66 points impact my application as ineligible or my CRS points are fine to pursue my PR application!

I understand 67 points were for the FSWP threshold and the ITA was based on the CRS points. But I'm still confused and worried as I have yet to apply for eAPR!

Thank you.