+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon ,
Please suggest whether i renew my spouse passport now or not.
My spouse passport has only 9 months validity and yet we receive PPR. My security is running from May 21st 2019 and because of that long term security runs i suspect that probably i am under comprehensive SS. Previously i had RR for POF for the last 9 months then i passed eligibility in May 2019 and after so long i was too happy that finally, my security started. I thought i will receive PPR within a month but i didn't know that i am the most unfortunate one who has to wait another couple of months to clear SS after the so-called RR. I am so pissed off. Please suggest me regarding passport renewal.

djangoboy

May 3, 2018
It is not the dates your letter states. It is the dates you filled in your profile, which should match the dates in your documents.

Also, you need to provide a solid explanation as why you are submitting new documents.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Legal Falcon, To make it easier for you.

At time of ITA and filling the profile, Experience claimed for 1.5 years which is 06-March-2017 to 27-July-2018. The same acknowledged in GCMS notes and points granted for the same.

Recently on 10th July 2019 company finally gave me the letter mentioning my roles and responsibilities because I had a problem with that earlier.
Dates mentioned in new letter is 06-March-2017 (Same as previous) to 01-July-2019 giving me 2.5 years of experience.

Since I was waiting for a decision on my profile for nearly 10 months and that did not happen. Eventually I had to quit my job since it is taking more time, I got the roles and responsibilities letter from my employer and clearly stated in letter of explanation why I am submitting the roles and responsibilities letter.

Earlier I submitted Offer letter, Appointment letter, Payslips for 15 months, Income Tax returns, General Job description on letter head, Confirmation letter and decline E-mail from HR stating reasons for not providing the reference letter.

Point to note: All the above have been acknowledged by CIC previously at the time of AOR.

Now my question is whether will I have a problem with the dates mentioned in the updated letter?

Point to note: The experience I previously claimed falls well between the dates mentioned in the new updated reference letter. Obviously then cannot give me a letter now stating that I have worked from Day of joining to AOR and they can only give a letter from DOJ to Last working day. Hope you understand.

Also clear explanation given in letter of explanation. Will this raise concerns at the visa officer level. Because I had no other go but to quit and only then my employer gave me the letter?

Your response will be of much help to me and thanks in advance.

"SNAPSHOT OF GCMS BELOW"

The letter confirms salary - Letter confirms full/time employment; FSW Work: 1 year and 5 months. CRS Foreign Work: 1 year and 5 months. FSW Work: 1 year CRS Foreign Work: 1year work experience.

Last edited:

Immortal111088

Aug 2, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon..I would be more than grateful if you could solve my query
May 2019 aor
Fsw o
I have a few queries
1. I didn't pay rprf upfront, will it delay my process
2. Currently I have mep and bio done
And bg check is started without receiving rprf request. 22 June my bio was done
Is it a sign to worry?
3. I was refused tourist visa to Europe and America and I have mentioned it in my application. How will it impact my application and will it delay my PR ?
4. I am a self employed case with noc 0621. Will being in this category attract more scrutiny and delay??
I am very tensed and anxious.
Kindly guide me as soon as possible
I shall be so much grateful to you
Thanks

ruchin30

Feb 9, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon I have ordered my GCMS notes through get GCMS on 6th June 2019. I am yet to receive it till date, which makes 47 days and a 17 days of delay. Additionally, my AOR was 8th Sep 2018 and I was stuck in Eligibility review required for "Work Experience". The Case Analyst had quoted "Unable to verify employer, the website mentioned in the reference letter is not working. PA was paid in Cash, PA has provided a LOE for the same"

What can be the reason for delay. I am worried as I am nearing 11 months now

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@legalfalcon

GCMS NOTES OPINION REQUESTED

Request your input here. Though I am not very worried, because we have a YES to a Stat question, because we had a previous EE application that got rejected since my masters was not recognized, and submitted an LOE and the Schedule A explaining the same. This time we have applied in my Spouse's name.

Please tell me if all seems ok? Criminality is passed, and in the detailed notes, I saw in a couple of places as follows:

Application --> Eligibility: Passed - Candidate.
But then again saw: "Not Started" After that. Assuming this is the 2-3 different officers doing the same task, one after the other?

Please see attached screenshots, and let me know what you think.

https://imge.to/i/qvVtf
https://imge.to/i/qv9gx
Hello @legalfalcon. Requesting your response here.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
You can report your passport as lost and request a new passport. You do not need to get meds or PCC even if they mention your old passport. All passports will have the information of old passport stored in them electronically.
Thank you for the info :). More positive now regarding the PR process

Mndo1020

Star Member
Apr 7, 2018
@legalfalcon Kindly , I need your help .
I am PA under family class . sponsor lives in Quebec . Does she have to Send me CSQ -original papers- by courier ? Will I be asked by officer at airport to show them CSQ original papers or copy of those are already enough along with COPR ?

Rk86

Sep 17, 2018
@legalfalcon my mother is here in Canada on visitor visa. I would like to extend her stay in Canada. In this case can you please advise me on the below:
1. Can I apply for her extension from my CIC account online? She had originally applied through an agent via paper application from India.
2. What will be right time to apply for extension?
3. If extension is granted, can she come back to Canada after going back to India for a brief period after the extension period (she has multi entry visa) or she has to apply for a fresh visitor visa again?
4. In CIC site, it's mentioned as if we apply for visit visa extension we'll be granted with visitor record and the visitor record doesn't guarantee you can return to Canada. In this case, can't she come back with her visitor visa?

Kindly provide your suggestions on the above points so that it'll be helpful for people like me.

Thanks

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon,
I need your input in reference to the following page on IRCC website, here's a quote: "if you’re applying as a permanent resident, it takes about three months to process your results after we get them from the panel physician. After that, if we don’t need any other documents from you, we’ll tell you what to do next"
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=983⊤=4

If this timeline has been exceeded and they're yet to neither process medical results nor request for new documents, can we hold them accountable to the timeline provided here? If yes how can we do that? I'll expect there to be a public/consumer complaints in Canada, does this fall under their "jurisdiction".

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.

Last edited:

questforthemapleleaf

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
SEEKING ADVICE - Review Required for Settlement Funds in GCMS Notes

Dear @legalfalcon,

Let me begin with a note of thanks for the immense help and support you provide. I have been a silent spectator of this forum, it seems like it's time I need some advice myself.

I got my GCMS notes yesterday. My case and status is as follows -

AOR - 21st March, 2019
Stream - FSW-O (India)
Family - Family of 3 (spouse and child unaccompanying)
Status (mix of IRCC portal messages and GCMS notes observations below) -
Notes applied - 23rd June, 2019
Notes received - 24th July, 2019
Medical - Passed
Biometrics - Done
Criminality - Passed for mine, Not Started for wife (overall, In Progress)
Security - Not Started
Eligibility - Review Required

ELIGIBILITY

The notes suggest Education, Work Experience, etc. are all good. Only observation for which it was put in review was Settlement Funds. Funny really as this was the last thing I expected to cause trouble. Family of 3 needs $19,390. I showed ready availability of approx $34,000! I backed my funds claim with all the statements, explanations of all large credits to my account (all of them were from salary sources, no eye-brow raising stuff there), etc.

I cannot make sense out of the agent's notes. I'm not mentioning individual amounts, but the summary of discrepancies is as follows -
Bank 1 - Mix of savings balance, RDs and FDs (considering only accrued amount for FDs and RDs) amounts to $24,000. The agent noted the funds availability in this account as $0 - $8,000. The amount indicates they considered some of my FDs but not all of them (as my savings balance doesn't amount to $8,000)
Bank 2 - Mix of savings balance and FDs amount to $10,000. This was noted fine by the agent in its entirety (no discrepancies here)
Credit Card Dues - Noted as $1,000 which is correct (note, this is just a regular monthly due that I pay off every month, not accumulated stuff).

The only sense I can make out of it is, they didn't consider my FDs which were less than 6 months old. A lot of my FDs show up as <6months as -
i. Most of them were old FDs that matured and were reinvested. So the starting date shows up as new.
ii. One of them was a new FD that I created after puling some amount out of my Mutual Funds as I understand volatile instruments are not considered as POF.

I have attached all details in POF and LOE regarding all of these. I have provided 6-months full bank statement that clearly shows the maturity and recreation of the new FDs. I have provided withdrawal statements of the Mutual Funds (all in my name, withdrawn directly to my account). I even explained all the large credits on my bank statements in LOE with proper bookmarks and links to appendices.

The question is, what do I do now? Should I -
i. Proactively raise a CSE with a summary of explanations that I have already put in LOE (because I have nothing new to explain or that is not already there in the LOE)?
ii. Liquidate the FDs and send them an updated Saving Balance statement through CSE?
iii. Just wait for the officer to review? This option seems like something that would take months or even more than a year!

Thanks for reading it out and your advice.

Regards

IELTSvictim

Nov 1, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon,

I am posting here for the first time.

Here are my details -
AOR - 25th Jan, 2019
Stream - FSW-O (India)
Family - Family of 2
Medical - Passed
Biometrics - Done
Criminality - Not initiated
Security - Not Started
Eligibility - Not Met

I have completed 6 months today. I emailed Ralph Goodale's office yesterday and this is the response from Robyn Sullivan -

I spoke to IRCC regarding your application received Jan 25, 2019. It is at the Centralized Intake Office in Sydney.

Standard processing time is 6 months. This means 80% of routine applications are completed within that time frame, while 20% take longer.

Eligibility was not met.

Criminality and security checks have not been initiated. They cannot be expedited and timelines are not available.

Medicals are valid until Jan 2020.

I also spoke to a CIC agent over the phone (on Google Hangouts). She also said that my Eligibility is not met but the file is still in progress.

I'm really taken aback by this news because I really can't think of a reason why I wouldn't meet the requirements. Only possibility is my freelance experience - multiple overlapping jobs but provided all 22 reference letters with job duties, dates worked and payments received from all clients. I do meet the 1560 hours criteria. My online profile still shows "We are reviewing eligibility", which has been the case for the last 6 months. I'm thinking of sending a CSE & ordering GCMS notes to understand what exactly is happening.

What would you recommended?
Your advice would be much appreciated.

EdmontonDreamer

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi Embassy
App. Filed.......
01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
hello @legalfalcon when I applied for study visa in 2017, I got further medicals for epilepsy. I had done EEG and MRI scan, everything was fine and I cleared medicals and eventually got the visa. I still have the reports. so when I apply for pr and undergo medicals, will I again get further medicals as I am still taking medicines but I am not facing any problems regarding the disease?

thanks in advance

Sharan083

Star Member
Jul 6, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I really appreciate your support for us. You are a true gem.

I have a query if you could please assist me in that it would be really helpful for me.
I am currently working as a ENGLISH language trainer in IELTS institution.
My job responsibilities are :
*organising and delivering class room lectures to students
* evaluating a student's class work
* planning their class work
* preparing presentation for class work
* Helping students for interview preparation

So, It would be really helpful if someone could please suggest me that
1. Is NOC 4021 right code for me?
2. What the job title i should put in for my reference letter?
IELTS trainer , English language trainer or vocational trainer.

And one more thing, during the tenure of my job, i have attended few teacher training workshops and i got certificate of participation for that where my job title has been mentioned as an IELTS TRAINER. Can you plz suggest that should i add these certificate along with reference letter or not?

Thanks in advance ☺