+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

BKBK

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
If it has been 2 months after your eligibility was passed, you may be under enhanced security screening.
Thanks. I will wait a bit and order cbsa notes to find out.

I got a CSE reply yesterday, can you tell what this CSE reply means?

FSWO- July 16,2018
ADR: June 12, 2019
After ADR, eligibility passed, security changed to in process (around June 20th). Till today (July 18), I’m still waiting for security to pass.

And I got following CSE reply:“The application is currently with an Officer and is undergoing security review.
You will be contacted in due course.”

Because the agent wrote “security review” instead of security check, does it seems to be the samething as security check? Or does this means security is done and going under a review before pass it?

Thanks.

binsin

Star Member
Feb 18, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Your valuable opinion helped me earlier during my application process. I applied with non-accompanying dependents and got PR. Landed in Canada and have a job. Applied for TRV for spouse and child and received.

I applied for outland family class sponsorship application in April and is under process. My family already came to Canada once and went back after a month. My question is if I am bringing them again by Oct-Nov and my daughter start to go to school here, will it affect my family class application?

Jenish Vaghasiya

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Surat
Hi there,

Does anyone have idea about MPNP EOI ranking point grid factor 5 adaptability. As per rule, we can consider max 500 points for factor 5. So what if we want to consider both close relative and close friend in mannitoba, will they both have to submit a settlement plan or only close relative? Thoughts shall be appreciated.

ColexMT

Jul 14, 2019
If the US visa refusal did not mention misrepresentation, then you do not need to mention it. Just provide the reason as stated in the letter. Also, misrepresentation is for something material for your Canadian PR application.
Thank you.

The refusal letter did not mention any misrepresentation.

In her US visa application, she mentioned working with company ABC from 2014 to date (as at the time). In her Canada application, we are stating she was studying and learning craft within the same period, which is visible on the internet.

So, our concern is if the contrasting details (between the two applications) will be deemed material by CIC.

Thank you once again.

Last edited:

SRayhan87

Jul 15, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon ,
Please suggest whether i renew my spouse passport now or not.
My spouse passport has only 9 months validity and yet we receive PPR. My security is running from May 21st 2019 and because of that long term security runs i suspect that probably i am under comprehensive SS. Previously i had RR for POF for the last 9 months then i passed eligibility in May 2019 and after so long i was too happy that finally, my security started. I thought i will receive PPR within a month but i didn't know that i am the most unfortunate one who has to wait another couple of months to clear SS after the so-called RR. I am so pissed off. Please suggest me regarding passport renewal.

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Hello dear @legalfalcon . How are you! Hope u doing well . my aor 27 jan 2019. On 31 May got reply to my CSE that my file is currently being processed at CPC Ottawa . Now today on 20 jan got reply to my second CSE that “file transferred to a Visa Office in Ottawa. My anxiety helped me spot this difference. (Lol)
Does it mean anything??
Is there any difference between CPC Ottawa and VO in Ottawa?. Thanks in advance

ajangbar001

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2019
@legalfalcon I need your advice on a matter.

So my brother and his wife recently got their PR back in April 2019. They did their landing in the mid of April. I am claiming points for Sibling relationship and I providing my brother's scanned copy of his PR card, both front and back, and both birth certificates for sibling relationship.
At this moment, since they are new and living with a relative, he only has a cell phone bill which is fairly new and both of them have a joint USD and CAD bank accounts. They have large balances in both accounts but close to no activity. Both the cell phone bill and the bank statements have the same address which is of the relative they're currently living with.

So can I provide the bank statements and the cell phone bill as residency proof. Can I write an LOE to explain the situation that since they are new immigrants and actively looking for employment, they're living with a relative to save their funds for future and not spend much on lease/rent and utility bills.

minhajunnisa.cse

Star Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Need your suggestion regarding my PR application in process.

My AOR is 5th APR, 2018.
Program: Express Entry FSW-Outland
Eligibility: Review Required (First GCMS notes showed Recommend Pass. After that they changed it to RR in Dec 2018, without any comment/reason mentioned for RR in notes)
Security: passed
Criminality: Not started
Medical: Expired on 30 Mar 2019
Last update in my GCMS was on 12 Feb, 2019. Its been almost 16 months now, but no decision has been made on my application. When contacted via IRCC call center agent, I was informed that my file is waiting for review by officer (Since May 2019 they are giving the same status). My question is, can I file a Writ of Mandamus against IRCC now?

Thanks in advance.

comet7700

Aug 24, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
27/03/2019
@legalfalcon

GCMS NOTES OPINION REQUESTED

Request your input here. Though I am not very worried, because we have a YES to a Stat question, because we had a previous EE application that got rejected since my masters was not recognized, and submitted an LOE and the Schedule A explaining the same. This time we have applied in my Spouse's name.

Please tell me if all seems ok? Criminality is passed, and in the detailed notes, I saw in a couple of places as follows:

Application --> Eligibility: Passed - Candidate.
But then again saw: "Not Started" After that. Assuming this is the 2-3 different officers doing the same task, one after the other?

Please see attached screenshots, and let me know what you think.

https://imge.to/i/qvVtf
https://imge.to/i/qv9gx

santhosh_RA

May 13, 2019
@legalfalcon hi received my PPR to. Is the Appendix B applicable for everyone or just for just people accompanying with family members. Also I don't see any barcodes. Just worried if this is an issue. Please help.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , i'm stuck in this situation, please clear my thoughts.

I am in the express entry pool with 473 points and expect an ITA in the next draw.
To make things faster, I applied for US-PCC from Houston as i reside in Texas. It took a month and my PCC came today , but my passport is missing. When I called the embassy, they told me they never received my passport. FYI they requested me to fill out another application via email and had mentioned they had to do police verification in my hometown hyderabad ,which indeed happened.

I do not not have the tracking number of package that I sent to embassy since i threw it away when the package was delivered to Embassy.
If I apply for new passport, will my medical and PCC (which are done based on my old passport), will they be expired ?
Will taking a new passport cause any more problems in the PR process ?
You can report your passport as lost and request a new passport. You do not need to get meds or PCC even if they mention your old passport. All passports will have the information of old passport stored in them electronically.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legal Falcon,

My AOR is on November 12, 2018. Family of 3.
Medical Passed: 13 December 2019.
IP2: 6 February 2019
ADR: 19 February 2019
ADR submitted: 21 February 2019
ADR status changed to Not applicable: 26 February

I ordered for GCMS notes on April 17, 2019, and received it on July 15, 2019. (was expecting somewhere around May 20, 2019)

Extract of GCMS notes:
Assessments
Eligibility:
Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality:
Passed
Org Crime:
Medical:
Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing:
Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final:

Can you please make me understand the following:
1) Why the security is blank?
2) What is info sharing?
3) What is Other Reqs: Cancelled means?
4) Is this delay normal? I have seen many getting PPR within 6 months.
5) When can I expect my PPR?

It is nearing 8 months, I have not heard anything from IRCC. Are there anyone here with the same status.
Appreciate your reply.
1. security is blank as it is in progress and redacted. You will see s15 / 16 on the top right corner of this page. see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

2. info-sharing: IRCC has agreements with other countries and they share info amount themselves. These countries are Australia, UK, New Zealand and US.

3. Other requests pertains to requests for info sent to other departments, inside or outside Canada.

4. As long as you application is progress, do not compare it with others.

5. I do not speculate. Read above.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear sir,
@legal falcon

I was sending multiple CSEs & Emails to CPC- Ottawa asking for en expedite decision (due to the risky political situation in my country Sudan & terrorist malitiais in our capital & my family is planning to relocate to another neighboring country & I need their decision so my family & I can go on with our plans)
in one response I got an answer saying your request was sent to the responsible department & if you do not receive any update or decision by 26 July 2019 please send us another CSE. I would like to know if this is a GENERIC RESPONSE?

I am under RR for POF (Currency fluctuation) + Work Exp. ( They calculated only one refernce letter out of 3, this letter covers 2 yrs 7 months while my experince from all 4 employers is 5 yreas or above, they recommened 11 points for work experince making it an overall of 70 points, CRS is still above my round.
an agent told me there was a movment on 7 June on your file but he can not decide what type of movemnet, before that it was last touched on 6 December 2018, then parked for ever.

I ordered GCMS notes on 17 May, still not received.
Ordered another set on 17 July , will be waiting
Medical will expire on 29 Aug
The concerned person would have escalated your case to the immigration officer, who will look into it. This is not a generic response.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

FSW-O
My Stats
- AOR May 2019
- MEP and BIL July 4 2019
- Biomatrics enrolled on July 15 2019​

I am getting married on July 26 2019 (next week) :) and I intend to add my spouse to the application. After some research, I found out that the following are requested by CIC after raising a CSE to inform about a change in marital status:
  • An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for applicant
  • An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse
  • A copy of spouse's birth certificate
  • A copy of marriage certificate
  • Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc
  • Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship
  • A copy of spouse's valid passport
  • Police certificates of spouse
  • Upfront medical for Spouse
  • Travel history for spouse
  • Letter of explanation

I intend to simply acquire and scan all that is required, locate all the above forms, fill them and upload all this information when raising a CSE to inform CIC that I am now married.

If you will kindly help me, I will like to find out if I have correctly identified everything that is often requested by CIC after a change in marital status. Secondly, is the procedure I intend to use above feasible? Lastly, please advise what else I could do to facilitate the process, if anything.

Thank you!
Yes, you have all the documents. However, there is nothing as travel history of spouse.

The documents required are:

1. An IMM8 Application

2. Schedule A form for spouse

3. Additional Family Information form for primary applicant and spouse.

4. Fee receipt for spouse - Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)

5. Birth Certificate of spouse

6. Copy of Spouse's Passport

7. Copy of marriage certificate and marriage registration

8. Wedding Card and Photographs

9. Police clearance certificate for the primary applicant and spouse

10. Spouse's upfront medical

11. Letter of Explanation if required

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

Your valuable opinion helped me earlier during my application process. I applied with non-accompanying dependents and got PR. Landed in Canada and have a job. Applied for TRV for spouse and child and received.

I applied for outland family class sponsorship application in April and is under process. My family already came to Canada once and went back after a month. My question is if I am bringing them again by Oct-Nov and my daughter start to go to school here, will it affect my family class application?
No, it won't have any impact, however, if you child needs to study here, you may need a student visa for her. So contact the school where your re interested.