17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please your Help

1- my wife got Certificat d’acceptation du Quebec (CAQ) for sponsership Months ago .
2- Do I need to send this to VO ?
3 - Will I have to send this paper (original ) when I get PPR email ?
4-I am worried Because the original paper with my wife , she has to send by post office .
5- Do I need this ? or not ?
Please provide a background, as to who is the PA and if you are the dependent, why you need the CAQ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon

AOR 7 feb 2019
Received GCMS notes today and My eligibility is review required for settlement funds; last updated by centralised Intake Office on 10 Apr 2019; status on last pages of GCMS Notes as below.. Please help decipher this

"Review required for Proof of funds regarding Citibank (Credit card payments issued on bank account, there is no disclosure of credit card on the file"- EDOC#273498559
A11.2- Review Required R75:FSW Minimum Requirements Review Required R76: Selection Criteria FSW Points: review Required R76 Selection criteria Funds- Review Required FSW Points Total: 79 Ready to finalise, RPRF: Complete
The eligibility takes place in 2 stages. First, an analyst will review and make a recommendation. Then this recommendation is reviewed by an officer, who makes a final determination over the file.

The analyst will make things, that he /she things need to be flagged, and there are review required.

Here, your your bank account states credit card statements or entries, but you did not disclose it in your PoF.

IRCC clearly states to mention all debts. If you do not have any debt, as in if you pay off your CC every month, you need not worry. Also, see my post in this, re-posting it again:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied (FSW / CEC / FTW). To stream line this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize it in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, but the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, or the employment cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst / assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst / assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst / assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, but it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because, the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are know as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day to day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.

There are just some of the scenarios.

Reactions: Milesthegreat

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legal falcon , I am outland applicant from India I applied under quebec selected worker
Applied 23
Aug 2017
Aor Nov 2017
Document request March 2018 ,pcc,rprf
Medical may 2018
Document request June 2018 pcc before send wrong one
Background check start June 2018
2 gcms stuck on criminality, no crimal record
Call them many times ,emails same reply pls wait everything ok with your file .
Yesterday call them again they said they reviewing your file .criminality still in progress Security not started.
Losing hope now, frustrated don't know what to do, if you can suggest can I do something or send them something to move my file .
Have you requested your GCMS notes?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey LegalFalcon,

Has anyone come across this issue that when adding immediate family members, my mother's information is causing a bit of an issue.

On her Passport

GIVEN NAME(s): ------ (JUST BLANK)
SURNAME: T********

Thats how she has had her passport issued by our magnificent country. She has been issued a Canadian tourist visa which is currently active under this name.

But when I try to put in her information it requires me to put in a Given Name, which is blank and CIC says it on their website that do not put "N/A" or "Not Applicable".

What should I do?
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon ,
I have just received PPR letter requesting me to submit passports within 20 days. But due to some upcoming travel I must travel to VFS tomorrow. So need an expert's kind opinion.

My wife who is dependent applicant is in Canada. I am out side Canada.
PPR letter states:

1. If you are residing outside Canada – thru a Visa Application Centre (VAC)

2 . If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) or if applicable, photocopy(ies) of passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.

Now, not everyone is in Canada. PA = outside, dependent = in Canada.

Can I send my passport to nearest VAC and my wife to CPC-Ottawa?

Thanks a ton in advance.
Yes, you can send your passport to nearest VAC and your wife can send it to CPC-Ottawa, but before you do that, send a CSE and inform IRCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

My application was refused last week after my interview with a canadian consular where my boss [the owner of the company] was called on the same day and she gave wrong information about my job duties and also other discrepancies. This was a deliberate act of sabotage because my duties were well stated by the former HR in the reference letter. I'm so sad and confused, having an 11 months application refused at the brim of the deal where I should have gotten my COPR. The reasons for refusal by the officer are wrong NOC nsd and discrepancy with the boss.
What can I do going forward because starting again will be frustrating
You have two options, you can re-apply, but you will face the same issue, your boss, so you need to see how you can overcome it.

Alternatively, you can challenge the rejection.

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019

vivosvoco

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
Dear @legalfalcon

Some NOCs have duties that start with "May".
A few lawyers think these can be excluded when we calculate the percentage, since they are optional. Could you please share your thoughts and experience?

Thank you!

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Have you requested your GCMS notes?
Hello legal falcon ,Thxuu for your reply yrs I did two times, it's showing i have potential adverse information in victoria road report I lost 1 point due to speeding, but my pcc is all clear.
And also I got update today my medicals are extended.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hi, I hope to receive some advice from you.

FSW-O
AOR - July 16, 2018
Criminality passed
In IP2 since last August (eligibility met)
——
Then...
ADR - June 12, 2019
Eligibility passed
Security in progress (from around June 24)

Since our security still showing “in progress”, while most people say security should only take a few days unless you are under security screening.

Obviously we are beginning our 3rd week under “security in process”, shall we worry for SS?

Thanks in advance.
If it has been 2 months after your eligibility was passed, you may be under enhanced security screening.

madhav_91

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon , i'm stuck in this situation, please clear my thoughts.

I am in the express entry pool with 473 points and expect an ITA in the next draw.
To make things faster, I applied for US-PCC from Houston as i reside in Texas. It took a month and my PCC came today , but my passport is missing. When I called the embassy, they told me they never received my passport. FYI they requested me to fill out another application via email and had mentioned they had to do police verification in my hometown hyderabad ,which indeed happened.

I do not not have the tracking number of package that I sent to embassy since i threw it away when the package was delivered to Embassy.
If I apply for new passport, will my medical and PCC (which are done based on my old passport), will they be expired ?
Will taking a new passport cause any more problems in the PR process ?

kayvee29

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Dear Legal Falcon,

My AOR is on November 12, 2018. Family of 3.
Medical Passed: 13 December 2019.
IP2: 6 February 2019
ADR: 19 February 2019
ADR submitted: 21 February 2019
ADR status changed to Not applicable: 26 February

I ordered for GCMS notes on April 17, 2019, and received it on July 15, 2019. (was expecting somewhere around May 20, 2019)

Extract of GCMS notes:
Assessments
Eligibility:
Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality:
Passed
Org Crime:
Medical:
Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing:
Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final:

Can you please make me understand the following:
1) Why the security is blank?
2) What is info sharing?
3) What is Other Reqs: Cancelled means?
4) Is this delay normal? I have seen many getting PPR within 6 months.
5) When can I expect my PPR?

It is nearing 8 months, I have not heard anything from IRCC. Are there anyone here with the same status.
Appreciate your reply.

iqueen

Star Member
Dec 8, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03/09/2018
Passport Req..
04-10-2019
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Dear sir,
@legal falcon

I was sending multiple CSEs & Emails to CPC- Ottawa asking for en expedite decision (due to the risky political situation in my country Sudan & terrorist malitiais in our capital & my family is planning to relocate to another neighboring country & I need their decision so my family & I can go on with our plans)
in one response I got an answer saying your request was sent to the responsible department & if you do not receive any update or decision by 26 July 2019 please send us another CSE. I would like to know if this is a GENERIC RESPONSE?

I am under RR for POF (Currency fluctuation) + Work Exp. ( They calculated only one refernce letter out of 3, this letter covers 2 yrs 7 months while my experince from all 4 employers is 5 yreas or above, they recommened 11 points for work experince making it an overall of 70 points, CRS is still above my round.
an agent told me there was a movment on 7 June on your file but he can not decide what type of movemnet, before that it was last touched on 6 December 2018, then parked for ever.

I ordered GCMS notes on 17 May, still not received.
Ordered another set on 17 July , will be waiting
Medical will expire on 29 Aug

Milesthegreat

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
@legalfalcon

FSW-O
My Stats
- AOR May 2019
- MEP and BIL July 4 2019
- Biomatrics enrolled on July 15 2019​

I am getting married on July 26 2019 (next week) :) and I intend to add my spouse to the application. After some research, I found out that the following are requested by CIC after raising a CSE to inform about a change in marital status:
  • An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for applicant
  • An updated IMM0008 Generic and updated IMM5406 "Additional Family Information" form for spouse
  • A copy of spouse's birth certificate
  • A copy of marriage certificate
  • Photographs of wedding ceremony, reception, invites, honeymoon etc
  • Proof of relationship- emails, texts, photos- any documentation/proof of relationship
  • A copy of spouse's valid passport
  • Police certificates of spouse
  • Upfront medical for Spouse
  • Travel history for spouse
  • Letter of explanation

I intend to simply acquire and scan all that is required, locate all the above forms, fill them and upload all this information when raising a CSE to inform CIC that I am now married.

If you will kindly help me, I will like to find out if I have correctly identified everything that is often requested by CIC after a change in marital status. Secondly, is the procedure I intend to use above feasible? Lastly, please advise what else I could do to facilitate the process, if anything.

Thank you!