+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

kaurjuhi

Jul 26, 2018
Hello everyone !!
Sorry for hijacking this thread and taking it a bit ahead in the process..

I mentioned my eye color as "Black " in PR application and the same is written in my COPR. But recently I came to know that black eye color is actually very rare and such people have actually darker shades of brown. Looking closely, I realized my eye color is dark brown too.

I still have over a month before I leave for Canada....

1. Should I raise a CSE with CIC now OR ....land with this COPR, notify the officer at port of entry and request him to correct it ? ( doubt both approaches though since it is clearly a mistake on my part and don't know if they would correct it at this point )

2. If the officer at port of entry doesn't correct it, should I apply for amendment of COPR after landing ? (I have heard amendment procedure takes 5-6 months ....and correction of mistakes made by applicants is completely at officer's discretion) ....Will they withhold my PR card processing until my COPR is amended or print one with black eye color only?

OR,

3. Should I leave it as such but .. if I do so ....can I run into any trouble in future for not having actual eye color on PR card ...like with airport officers while travelling other countries ...or returning to Canada from international trips ....or while applying for PR card renewal and citizenship application ?

4. Also, what should I write in future...like in my driving license papers , PR card renewal application and citizenship application etc...stick with BLACK only to maintain consistency of documents or go for actual color of eyes which is brown ??

Please help guys ......seniors members... your opinions will much appreciated !! As you can see by the length of this post, I am really worried at this point !!

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@legalfalcon,

We have submitted our application on 24.07.18 & got our AOR on same day. Today we got to know that my wife is pregnant. We did the E-medicals on 20.07.2018, but we did not know that she was pregnant, until today so we did not inform the Physician as well. We did all the tests in the medical including Chest X-ray.

1. Do I need to inform CIC about this?
2. Do I need to raise it through CSE? Need to attach the pregnancy test report?
3. What else needs to be done?
2. Will they hold my application?

Sorry to trouble you. Hope you can shed some light on the above.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Yes, will work
thanks @legalfalcon. Is the request for 3 years worth of pay stubs and w2s, proof of US legal status in the past 5 years and official transcripts of all degrees earned in U.S. schools, a normal request for non-US residents? I was on a different forum for US applicants, and it seems none of that was requested from people in my class (non-US residents). Also their processing time was about 2 months but mine is inching towards the 6 months average processing time. The GCMS notes I ordered, revealed that my application was gathering dust for 4 months in london before it was transferred once again to Los Angeles after being re-distributed from Canada to london due to workload re-distribution. So no correspondence was sent from my aor date, feb 20th, until July 17th when the request was made.... I guess I'm just getting really frustrated and unsure of how long I can keep waiting without much progress. So I'm trying to weigh all other options in the next few weeks... So is this normal procedure? Before the request for the documents, my medicals and criminality were passed a week and a half after the aor date. Eligibility was marked as review required by the CIO in Canada before this request for the documents by the visa officer in LA.

aahaanbajaj

Star Member
Jun 9, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
23/07/2018
Hi @legalfalcon

I am in a little confused state. My Self employed business falls under NOC 0621, that is wholesale trade. So I sell electric appliances and electronics products to my wholesale channel partners distributed all across India. They are willing to provide references, stating that

1. They know me as an owner / sole proprietor of the firm
2. They purchase electronics products (dth receivers, dish antenna etc) from my firm
3. They contact me for any fresh orders, product knowledge or complaints.
4. The invoice of payments would be attached by me as proof of billing and payments.

What they can't proove is time spent everyday on work, my other duties as wholesaler under noc etc. As they don't know about my other duties.

I have got other documents needed, like Tax Registration, Balance Sheets, P&L statements, Audit Report, Bank Statement in name of the firm.

Pl suggest what shall I do?

rahulraghavan

Jul 21, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Dear @legalfalcon,

I request you to help me in the following matter

I am the Co Founder of an Information Security firm in India with an incorporated office in California, US. We have been in business for the past 8 years and as part of our expansion plans in the US and Canada, I would like to relocate to Toronto - for closer access to the US and to cater to the local opportunities in Canada. We also plan to incorporate an entity in Canada.

I have just begun the process of application for an Express Entry for myself and my wife and while calculating the CRS scores, I had a query on the job offer option. Is it possible for us to incorporate our company in Canada and raise a job offer letter in my name as the first employee of the entity? Obviously, the company would not be incorporated by me, and I would truly be an (first) employee of the Canadian incorporation. Since a job offer at hand, raise the CRS score considerably, I was wondering if this would be a feasible option.

You advice on this matter would be appreciated.

Regards
Rahul

mrjayd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ghana
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28/03/2018
IELTS Request
4/04/2018
Med's Done....
5/04/2018
Passport Req..
1-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2018
LANDED..........
28-01-2019
@legalfalcon i just got my gcms notes and everything seems fine, eligibility passed and meds passed, but i did not pay RPRF upfront. they have not requested though but i want to pay now and raise case enquiry, i am allowed to do that.? plss i need your advice

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @legalfalcon Wanted to know about the education requirements. A friend has received her ITA. However, for her WES verification, she only got her Masters degree verified from WES, it was from a US university. She did not get her bachelor's degree certified from WES (local bachelors from an Indian University). Would it impact her final application if she does not submit her bachelor's verification but only provides the Master's degree?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon Wanted to know about the education requirements. A friend has received her ITA. However, for her WES verification, she only got her Masters degree verified from WES, it was from a US university. She did not get her bachelor's degree certified from WES (local bachelors from an Indian University). Would it impact her final application if she does not submit her bachelor's verification but only provides the Master's degree?
No, Master's degree is the highest one and has been accredited by WES as you quoted above. Bachelors degree does not to be assessed additionally. However she should mention the details of the Bachelors in the personal history section.