17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legal Faction :
i asked you a question in the conversation i started with you in profile page of yours. I would really appreciate your help in that regards. I am confused and i really want to see if you can help me or advise me
On any given day I get 20-30 messages in my inbox. I request everyone to post here, so that I can keep a track and answer, which helps everyone. If there is something personal, then only send me a PM. If you have sent me a PM, please re-send and I will revert back.

However, when you send me a PM, please also post here and tag me.

Reactions: utom1987

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon

I am arranging all the docs that we need to submit post ITA. Need suggestion for 2 points as below:

1) Spousal relationship : I have a marriage certificate and in fact I have used the same successfully for visa purposes for my wife. In the marriage certificate my wife's name is mentioned as First name, Husband's last name - It does not have her maiden name. Even in her current passport her name is First Name, Husband's last name (Not maiden name) as we got it changed few years back. Is that going to be sufficient proof for spousal relationship?

2) Other Name: In my spouse's ECA - my spouse's name in degree's assessed is First Name, Maiden Name as she got got her degree's before her marriage. So we will have to enclose a proof showing to CIC that we changed her name etc. What proof is sufficient here? I read that notarised affidavit is good enough. Also we have her old passport which has her first name, maiden name. Will the old passport along with new passport do the job? In her new passport - my name is mentioned as spouse as well.
1. No issues. In the form where it ask that has this person been known by any other name, mention the maiden name and explain.

2. The marriage certificate and a same name affidavit is sufficient. The affidavit will merely affirm that the name before marriage and post marriage pertains to the same person. Along with the affidavit, you can also explain this in LoE and add the old passport as supporting document. This will suffice.

Reactions: Jaywalker

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon

Would appreciate your support for the following :)

1. In Personal History section there are already pre-filled information, the employment and education details I have updated for claiming points. Do I need to remove these from personal history and add the other details according to date order? Is it okey that I add the others below these records?

2. In what order do we need to add records in Personal History? Is it according to Since what year?

4. Do I need to add details about certificates (for attendance/ participation) I got for workshops and training programs in the Personal History, if it is less than 6 months and I don't claim points (i was in full time work during the past 10 years)?

5. If I add the courses in point 4 above, what should I select for courses which are less than 1 year in duration? Is it okey that I select "None or less than Secondary (high school)" for Level of Education?

6. I do not know the exact dates of the associations/ societies I have involved in. Is it okey I update approx. dates?

7. I have not been to any other country before, so for Travel History I selected "No". But it asks whether my family members have, so my parents and siblings have traveled, do I need to state them?

8. What do you select (Yes/ Not Applicable) for this if you have not served in military or government, but was attached to a charity association.
"Have you listed all of xxxx's periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that xxxx belongs to (if any)?"
1. & 2. If you keep them organized in a chronological order, it is easy for the officer reviewing it, even if its not in order, no issues as long as there are no gaps. Remember, that in your work history only put work for which you are claiming points. Personal history = Work + education.

4.. (3 is missing) No. You only get points for work reference for the work you are claiming points for and education for which you have ECA. No use for workshop certificates.

5. Not required see above.

6. YEs. The association and societies which IRCC is concerned about is political and created to cause rebellion, such as communist party, ku klux etc. Not a football club, or a society at your work etc.

7. YEs.

8. Not applicable.

Hope this helps

Reactions: akila868

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
My AOR date is August 04, 2017 and my file is being processed at London Visa Office. My medical is expiring on July 10, 2018. Kindly suggest me how to apply for extension, do I need to write to IRCC or LVO or both?

Thanks in advance!
Raise a CSE to LVO and IRCC and request for extension.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon,

Thanks again for your previous replies.

I used webform to enquire about my application status and got this reply after 20 days:

"'''''"'""We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application was transferred to a special unit and is still in process.

While this review will result in an additional delay, rest assured that we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible."""""'"'"""

My AOR is 7th Nov 2017 and background check is under progress. The eligibility status is not passed yet and still under review required.

I am now worried, what does that special unit means.

Would you please give your opinion about it?

Thank you
Have you requested GCMS, that will immensely help you. Usually the special unit during eligibility is a fraud detection, where LVO officers will personally visit employer. I don't want to scare you, but if you request GCMS, you will know what exactly is happening.

Reactions: jayessess

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon We received our PPR visa yesterday - It is valid till March 22 2019. I wanted to know if we can make a landing a week before the expiry of the visa? Would that be fine? Please suggest.
best regards,
YEs, any day before the visa expiry date will be fine.

Reactions: Kestrel

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
Thanks a lot for all your guidance. I did a soft landing in Toronto and received the PR cards at my Toronto residential address. Am currently in US to finish my Masters and would be relocating to Canada for good by Fall' 2018.
During my first landing, I could not take my daughter. Her COPR will expire in a month and am planning to take her for first landing to Vancouver.
Will there be a concern if her first landing is in Vancouver instead of Toronto. Please advice. Is there anything else that I should take care of in Vancouver .

Thanks,
Sasi
You can do the landing formalities at any port of entry. However, if your are doing it at a land border crossing, check and verify with CBSA, as at some location they have time and day restrictions.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
You can do it either way, just don't leave any gaps.
I entered my own home address from birth to married date. Entered the rented place address after that until the day I shifted back to my own home again. Then from that day onwards I mentioned as current address and updated my own home address.
Thanks again friend.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
1. & 2. If you keep them organized in a chronological order, it is easy for the officer reviewing it, even if its not in order, no issues as long as there are no gaps. Remember, that in your work history only put work for which you are claiming points. Personal history = Work + education.

4.. (3 is missing) No. You only get points for work reference for the work you are claiming points for and education for which you have ECA. No use for workshop certificates.

5. Not required see above.

6. YEs. The association and societies which IRCC is concerned about is political and created to cause rebellion, such as communist party, ku klux etc. Not a football club, or a society at your work etc.

7. YEs.

8. Not applicable.

Hope this helps
Thank you so much for the detailed explanation.

1 & 2. When you say chronological order, do i order them according to the "start date" or the "end date". Eg: the latest end date on top and the oldest one below the table.

4. Removed all training and workshop certificates. Thank you. :) How about certificates/ diplomas for 3 - 6 months? Do I need to include or remove? I have not claimed any points for them.

7. With regard to this, isn't it "No". Coz the exact description is "Has (applicant name), and if applicable, (applicants name) family members taken any trips outside their country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since their 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc". It has a wording as "if applicable".

8. Isn't it "Yes" because I have stated two organizations in the personal history. Lions Club and a local Professional Association. This is in the description of Organizations, "List any organizations (name of applicant) has supported, been a member of or been associated with at any time. Include any political, social, youth or student organization, trade unions and professional associations."

Last edited:

nasar_peace

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Generous legalfacon and other Falcons,
Could you please help me in finding where my security is :

Activity/Sub activity: Biographic

New Value: Submit-delayed
Info Sharing: Complete "

Moreover, the first page of GCMS notes is as below:

Eligibility: PASSSED
CRIMINALITY: PASSED

Security: _____________ (Blank)
HIRV:______________

Is it regarding security screening?
I'll be grateful.
Sincerely,
Nasar

Telescopee0

Star Member
Aug 21, 2017
As a matter of rule, if you have a NOC listed in your profile, OINP will review your profile against it and it is your responsibility to make sure that you meet the program eligibility requirements.

Make a change post filing is something discretionary and depends on the officer to officer.
Hey @legalfalcon. Thanks for all your replies. Post my last request, I received a an intent of refusal letter from OINP where they mentioned the same thing: I need to show one year continuous employment in NOC 2171 (which was wrongly chosen by and informed them like 5 times already). This time I am planning to change my NOC to 2172 and will send them a screen shot. Do you think it's OK to do so. They have literally ignored all my requests to help me change the NOC and now I am left with no option.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@legalfalcon,

What should I attach for the this, "You indicated you have another name. You must provide information on the use of this other name (such as a letter of explanation, legal documents of a name change, etc)"?

a) Would a same name affidavit, marriage certificate (original, translated with translation affidavit), the passport pages which shows the name before and after marriage be sufficient?
b) Do I need to mention in LOE regarding name differences in education and employment records with passport? Same name affidavit is sufficient?