+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

esives-me

Mar 20, 2014
Hi @legalfalcon
Please I need your help on this.
While filling my application for FSWP in 2014, I filled my mother Inlaws address as their family house in Nigeria but she was and still in USA (has illegal status) but her husband and some of the children still stays in that house.
If I later want to file for her for Pr under the parent program, won't it be considered as misrepresentation?
Pls advice on the consequences if there is any and what to do. Thank you

alnemeh82

Mar 10, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,
I ordered CSIS notes on the 14th of May and today received an email that they cannot enclose the information as the SS is still in progress. Disappointed but relieved to know where Iam standing. My question is, after CSIS finish their work, do I still have to wait for CBSA to do their screening? I was informed that Im entitled to file a complaint after 60 days. Does thta mean that they will finish the screening in 60days? And can I raise a complaint as a outland applicant or need to appoint a consultant? I am 7 months and 3 weeks post AOR and believe my SS started in Jan....Thanks in advance

Last edited:

gary007

Nov 12, 2017
Hi everyone
An opinion is required
My Aor:20th Dec 2017,FSW-O , EE and my 6 months process is going to complete
Cic requested us to pay rprf ,which I have paid a month back
I wanted to ask whether applying GCMS notes will be beneficial at this stage ?
Please reply asap
Regards
Gary

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I have a clarification. My currency designation is Assistant Manager and I am the head of an operations unit. Most probably I will be promoted to Manager grade within next two months.

I am applying under 1212 - Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers,

1. Will my designation be a problem, since I am heading a unit?
2. Almost all job duties listed in the NOC are being done by me and even more, so if I have like 19-20 job duties listed in my reference letter, would that be too much?
3. All my duties are same even though my grades changed from a supervisor to manager, so do I need to have separate letters for each designation? is it okey that list all designations in the same letter and get only one?

Thank you in advance.

Xaiby

Sep 14, 2017
@legalfalcon,
My AOR is August 04, 2017. I received my notes from GETGCMS yesterday, it's a 130 page document.
The details are:
Medical: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Eligibility: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete
Security:
Blank Pages: only one blank page with s15(1) code
Under admissibility section, there is only one activity for security.
s15(1) code on top right corner: 7 pages
Visa Office: London

I hope it's not SS. Now, after seeing my notes, I don't see anything that's holding my PPR for so long.
Please help me understand the situation. Whenever I receive a reply for my status inquiry from London visa office it's from Immigration Section by DRD that my application is currently undergoing background verification checks.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Last edited:

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Dear Legalfalcon,

I am landing in July 2018 and I have a question regarding POF to show on Airport. Can I transfer the money to my brother's account in Canada and show it as POF with proof of transfer? If Yes, then Do My brother need to make a Notarized declaration that the funds are received for POF purpose and I can use those fund once I will land in Canada?

Please advise.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
@legalfalcon,

How many duties in the NOC should one match, from the following 07 duties, I can match 05 of them which are highlighted. I have a concern on the last duty, I have actually done that when I was at a below grade, but not now. Do I need to state it in LOE or something?

My grade is Assistant Manager, will that be a problem since the NOC is for 1212 Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers.
  • Implement efficient working processes and co-ordinate, assign and review the work of clerks engaged in the following duties: administering accounts payable and receivable; processing, verifying and recording financial documents and forms; administering payrolls; processing, verifying and recording insurance claims and forms; and collecting user fees and payments on overdue accounts
  • Examine and verify accuracy of work and authorize routine payments, credits and other transactions - for this I have given duties as authorizing customer data, will that suffice as other transactions?
  • Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments
  • Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
  • Identify training needs and train workers in job duties and company policies
  • Requisition supplies and materials
  • Ensure smooth operation of computer systems and equipment and arrange for maintenance and repair work
  • May perform the same duties as workers supervised.
There is another problem, in the Employment Requirements, following is given. Does it mean the last point above.
  • Experience in the clerical occupation supervised is required
In the lead statement of this, it says "Supervisors in this unit group supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers in the following unit groups: Banking, Insurance and Other Financial Clerks (1434)". The team that I am supervising only handles sort of 02 activities out of the 05 stated in 1434 code. Will this be a problem?

Last edited:

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have CoPR letter and planning a soft landing next month. The CoPR visa is single entry one time visa and my PR card will be applied at the airport itself. Do I need my physical PR card to leave Canada as well? I was under the impression that I can perform soft landing and leave Canada and need PR or PRTD only if I want to re-enter Canada. But someone told me that this rule has been changed recently!

Has the policies being changed and am I suppose to reside within Canada (for a month or so till I get my PR card) and only then leave the country? Please confirm.

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
Hi @legalfalcon Need your expert advice. Our AOR is 10 October 2017 FSW-O. We received a request for our second medical exam (me and my spouse) last week. We gave our second medical exam yesterday. My Spouse's current passport is valid till April 2019 but the empty pages in the PP are about to finish - only 2 pages left now. We are thinking of renewing the pp and getting a new one with more pages. Is that OK? Should we go ahead and just inform CIC through CSE? Please suggest.
Best regards,

sidharths84

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey, USA
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Done....
25-06-2018
Hi Legal Falcon,

Received ITA in 90th draw and preparing documentation now. My wife, who is the Primary applicant, had her H1B petition rejected in 2017. During that period she was in US on H4 visa. We answered two of the statutory questions related to visa/ permit rejections as 'Yes' and mentioned details pertaining to H1B petition denial.

Do I need to submit schedule A form (upfront) while submitting our application ?

Thanks!!

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,
I ordered CSIS notes on the 14th of May and today received an email that they cannot enclose the information as the SS is still in progress. Disappointed but relieved to know where Iam standing. My question is, after CSIS finish their work, do I still have to wait for CBSA to do their screening? I was informed that Im entitled to file a complaint after 60 days. Does thta mean that they will finish the screening in 60days? And can I raise a complaint as a outland applicant or need to appoint a consultant? I am 7 months and 3 weeks post AOR and believe my SS started in Jan....Thanks in advance
Please PM me should you receive a reply on this. I haven’t received my CSIS notes yet, but I know I’ve been in SS since Feb so definitely over 60 days now.

toppiri

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
01-06-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
Hi @legalfalcon,
Will be following this as I will also need @legalfalcon 's advice on the same subject.
I ordered CSIS notes and I've been told that my SS is in progress. Except I don't have the original CSIS correspondence as getgcms couldn't provide it. I was wondering if I need it to file a complaint and when I can ask them to complete my security checks. Does filing a complaint help my case or make it worse? :rolleyes:

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon and others,

I have a question about my situation. I came to Canada last year in August on PR and have a full-time job in Toronto. I'm an Indian citizen and was single when I became PR. I'm engaged to be married in a month, we tried to get my fiancee a TRV(without me writing an invitation letter) which was just rejected due to lack of Travel history and Purpose of Travel.

She was a Masters degree and a full-time job with 3+ yrs of experience and willing to write IELTS and do the paper.

My question is regarding the following options and which one would work best for our situation:

Option 1: Outside Spousal Sponsorship from India, with a current processing time of 12 months. We will be able to prove our marriage with pictures, marriage certificate, the website we met through, wedding cards, etc.

Option 2: She writes her IELTS and files for her PR with the necessary paperwork. With the current processing time of 1-2 months(last I checked). And we attach our marriage certificate with the application.

I'm leaning towards OPTION 2 because of the shorter timeline and considering I'm well versed in the paperwork required with she even getting points from my sister(also PR).

I would Appreciate a reply.

-Best

Rush28

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
@legalfalcon

Hi,

Need some guidance with filling the PRTD Form. My wife who is the Primary applicant and I (dependent) landed in Canada on 16th May 2018. After 2 weeks time, I have to travel back to India because of some family emergency. My wife will be staying back In Canada.

Need help on the following PRTD form questions:

Family Information Form

1. Type of Application: The options given are:- Visitor, Worker, Student, Other. So which will be applicable in my case?
2. The question on 'Who will accompany you to Canada', the response for my Wife should be 'Yes' or 'No' considering that she has stayed back in Canada.
3. In the Present Address, should the response be - Canada's address or India's address considering I am traveling to India

VFS Consent Form

1. The form has a field called 'Address'; What address will this be - Canada's address or India's address considering I am traveling to India

Photos

- 2 photos need to be submitted as per the document checklist. In addition, there is a place in the application form to affix a photo. So this is an additional 3rd photo that needs to be affixed? The specification will be same as the other 2 photos - asking because the space provided seems to be for a smaller size photo?