Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon - In response to PPR, I sent our passports+photos+Annex A+PPR Email Printout to Ottawa (I am an Indian citizen, resident in the US).

Now, I've read cases here on the forum where passports got lost en-route/ran into issues at customs. Below, I will list out details and I was wondering if its possible to tell if the package was opened by customs or if there was seizure:
  • Mode of shipping: USPS Priority Mail International - Legal Flat Rate Envelope
  • Current status: Delivered (May 1).
  • Total duration of package hanging around at customs: 1 day (from inward to cleared).
  • Customs declaration (CN-72):
    • Type of contents: Documents
    • Detailed description: Immigration Papers
    • Value: $1.
After reading some harrowing stories, I'm a bit concerned. I will be e-mailing CPC once the package is delivered to ensure that they received the passports.

Any insight you may have may be great. Thank you so much!
No need to worry. 99.9% Passports are delivered to US from Canada without any issues. Further, it has documentation from IRCC and customs, which is handled by CBSA is aware of shipping documents from Ottawa to US.

So no need to worry at all. Just track your shipment.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Order GCMS or CBSA notes.
Go for cBSA, they include GCMS. However, if you are in SS, CBSA may not release your report. So do both.

Reactions: iamxty

khushi.saxena

Star Member
Jan 17, 2018
@legalfalcon

I would be grateful to you if you could advise me in the below matter

I received a mail from London visa office in march that i am scheduled for an interview

after the mail i ordered gcms notes ( 19 March 2017 ) since then i have not received my gcms notes

is there anything to worry about ?? do you know what would be the reason for delayed gcms notes ??

I am still waiting for an interview date i am 25 sept aor
ip2 since 27th feb
no adr requested in the whole process

Kindly advise @legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Hello, I have a peculiar question about my education history and how to go about entering information in Personal vs Education history section.

I completed my 2 year masters program from an Indian University. It had total 6 semesters (3 each year). I opted for student exchange and spent my 5th semester outside of India (UK). I was in UK for 4 months.

The transcripts and degree certificate do not mention anything about me spending a semester in UK. My WES ECA too reflects study of country as India for the entire duration of 2 years.

Now, my education history will show that I was a student in India for 2 continuous years, however my personal history will show 4 months of travel to UK and I will mention purpose of visit as 'Study/Exchange Student at Leeds' (it was a student Visa).

I have two questions -
1. should I include anything in my education history about UK semester? Note that my ECA does not mention it.
2. Do I need a PCC from UK?

I will mention all this in LoE but wanted to know what to do with personal history vs education history mismatch. Please can you advise?

1. should I include anything in my education history about UK semester? Note that my ECA does not mention it.
No, not required. Your personal history will cover the period your spent in UK, and you can explain it in LoE.

No, you only lived in UK for 4 months. So no PCC required.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18.

Reactions: mt103plus

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I've got a bit of an urgent query and hoping that you can guide me please.

I've just received an ADR to submit Schedule A through my representative. I was a bit baffled as to why are they asking for it now after my background check had already started in late february. Anyways, whilst I was going through all the information on it again, I remembered that I've had a Canadian visit visa refusal once in 2008. But due to an oversight, I didn't declare this in my original application. Should I include it now in my Schedule A with an LOE stating that it was an oversight which I do apologise for and hoping that it will not further delay my PR application?

Also, any ideas as to why they've asked for schedule A at this point? Just panicking because I've seen other candidates whose schedule A was requested before the start of their background check.

Look forward to your response.

Many thanks.

Sec A is sent when there is something missing in your application. So the best way to deal with it is to review what you entered before and fill in all gaps.

The refusal could be an issue, so definitely address it. It has not impact on your application.

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
No, not required. Your personal history will cover the period your spent in UK, and you can explain it in LoE.

No, you only lived in UK for 4 months. So no PCC required.
Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has spent six months or more in a row within the last 10 years since the age of 18.
Thank you, one final question - how do I mention this in Personal History? One way is to overlap and other is to match it with physical location, but then it becomes different than education history. Options are -

Personal History (with overlap):
05/2012 to 04/2014 - MBA, India (in line with WES and EH)
09/2013 to 01/2014 - Exchange Student, UK

Or

Personal History (without overlap):
05/2012 to 09/2013 - MBA, India (not in line with WES)
09/2013 to 01/2014 - Exchange Student, UK
01/2014 to 04/2014 - MBA India

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal,
I ordered GCMS notes on April 05 2018 and Today (May 02 2018) I got GCMS notes. The notes are still same as it was 2 months ago.
Eligibility :- Recommend Passed
Security :- Not started
HIRV:
Criminality : Passed
Org Crime :
Medical : Passed - Expired
Misrepresentation : Not Started
Info sharing : Complete
Other Reqs: Not Started
Final :

In the "Ministerial Instructions" I have
Type : EE-MI1
Criteria :

I got PFL in Dec 2017. In the PFL it was asking me to submit any additional information or documents that can allay officer's concerns....The letter was not saying particular things to be submitted but when I logged in mycic account I clicked on "ViewSubmittedDocuments" and there it was asking me to submit "Proof Of Income" and "Bank Statements". I provided them my paystubs and bank statements and also T4s, & NOA.

Last month when I called them then the agent said my background check is under process. They are verifying the documents which I submitted to the correspondence of PFL.

My background status is saying "We are processing your background check"(IP2).....But the security is still not started and eligibility is still recommend pass.

Hey Legal, Could you please tell me howmuch time does it take to verify these documents if I am not in SS.
There is no exact answer. It can be from 2 weeks to 6 months.

Check your GCMS notes and see what stage you are at.

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello @legalfalcon and group members.. please help me on the following matter

I am looking to apply under Canadian Exp Class .I started working on May 1 2017 and I received an ITA in the last draw on 10th May 2018, but the thing is that I went to my home country for around 4 weeks and in Jan 2018. so Should I decline the ITA for now and work for one more month or 2 more weeks because I heard a lot of people saying that 2 weeks vacation is paid so that would be counted .

Any help would be appreciated forum members....
Thank You...

Reykhan

Nov 6, 2017
Sec A is sent when there is something missing in your application. So the best way to deal with it is to review what you entered before and fill in all gaps.

The refusal could be an issue, so definitely address it. It has not impact on your application.
Thanks @legalfalcon I did add the refusals and also included the new address into it. Those were the only bits missing out of it.

Any ideas how long it'll take to get the PPR after this schedule A request. It's almost 12 months since my AOR and I'm seriously stressing out. Submitted sch A on 26th April.

luigi20

May 14, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon, I hope you could.give some guidance I just received an Ita for the federal skilled program in express entry. I already have all the docs required but I am having problem with the proof of funds. I have the amount required but in my account i have my dad as an authorized signer so his name appears in my bank statements. Also my bank refused to give me a letter as cic requirements. So, Will 6 months of statements download from my bank work?. And what do you recommend me about the name of my dad in my account? A self declaration?

div velu

Apr 29, 2018
I have a quick question. My PR application is under process. I had requested WES to review my report again because my masters waa equaled to pg diploma 1 year. They wrote to me saying they will look into it and reasses, if there are no changes they will write to me. Will thisaffect my processing? Currently at IP2