+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
My SOWP has been approved for 1 year (issue date: 12/01/2017, valid until: 04/01/2019), same as mine WP.

Please advice on following queries:
  1. It means we can enter before 04/01/2019 in canada, but the stay period counter (i.e. 1 year) will be actually started either from the landing date or from the issue date (i.e. 12/01/2017) ?
  2. For renewal after expiration, Do I need to get renewed my WP first and after that I apply for renewal of SOWP, OR I can apply renewal of both mine WP and SOWP together?
Thanks in anticipation!

Kind Regards,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon hi there! Yesterday when I called self service, it said no additional documents needed and background check in progress. When I checked again, BG was NA. What does this mean for my timeline? Could PPR be right around the corner, or are other checks being done? I know I already passed eligibility and I’m waiting for my GCMS notes. I’m FSW-O, Aug AOR, RPRF paid, ADR with deadline of Jan 5 (third time because of a system glitch), and this is the first real change since MEP in September. Thanks!
If your eligibility has passed, then you are 90% through. However, eligibility takes place in 2-3 stages. First an analyst will evaluate your application and make a determination, then the officer will review it and change it to pass. Only after the eligibility is finally passed by an officer, the BGC starts.

Also, 80% of the application are processed within 6 month. The 6 months processing time starts when the R10 is passed.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to patiently reply to each one heŕe. We really appreciate your help.
I'm fswo applicant from india aor 9th June 2017. I ordered gcms notes which indicates that my medical eligibility and criminality passed. there's a whole page with s15 (1) security of myself and spouse that has been redacted. also under activities there are 4 entries whither my spouse name and they are blank with s16 (c) on top.
I read on another thread by you that once an applicant who worked for an employer who went bankrupt had similar issue s16 (c). my spouse had also worked with a company that went bankrupt but he quit the job before it shut down. there is a case against the owner of this company still on going in india. my question is: will our application be stuck due to this case till the case ends or will cic grant ppr as my husband is not involved in the fraud? I'll be highly obliged if you would reply to my querry. what happened in the previous case? was the person whose employer became bankrupt granted pr?
Thank you
S15 and s16 has nothing to do with the employer going bankrupt. Rather information pertaining to investigation and security is retracted under them and all GCMS notes will have information retracted under these sections.

To read more on s15/16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

Reactions: TempResident

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to patiently reply to each one heŕe. We really appreciate your help.
I'm fswo applicant from india aor 9th June 2017. I ordered gcms notes which indicates that my medical eligibility and criminality passed. there's a whole page with s15 (1) security of myself and spouse that has been redacted. also under activities there are 4 entries whither my spouse name and they are blank with s16 (c) on top.
I read on another thread by you that once an applicant who worked for an employer who went bankrupt had similar issue s16 (c). my spouse had also worked with a company that went bankrupt but he quit the job before it shut down. there is a case against the owner of this company still on going in india. my question is: will our application be stuck due to this case till the case ends or will cic grant ppr as my husband is not involved in the fraud? I'll be highly obliged if you would reply to my querry. what happened in the previous case? was the person whose employer became bankrupt granted pr?
Thank you
S15 and s16 has nothing to do with the employer going bankrupt. Rather information pertaining to investigation and security is retracted under them and all GCMS notes will have information retracted under these sections, which can include is there was an investigation going on where the applicant worked. If you are referring to my case, then that pertained to the employer being investigated from white collar crime, and it took 10 additional months to finish security screening. But each case is different.

To read more on s15/16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/[/QUOTE]

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello @legalfalcon

1.can u please clarify this about work experience requirement that
You must have at least one year, in the last ten years before you submit your electronic application for permanent residence, of continuous full-time work experience
what does continuous means? as If I am working on contractual basis for 6 months and then have a couple of months as holidays in between then can I count all those contractual work as continuous?

2. In my work history, I am doing two jobs back and forth (like one year with one side then 6 months with other, not a fixed pattern) with two companies(different NOC) one being the very low-income job on basis of which I am claiming points, with the second job in between which is highly paid and I go to different countries on that. My question is that post-ITA is this will be a problem that they will raise a question that why I was working on low salary why not continued my other job? or they will be only concerned with the things of which I am claiming points? and what will be the all checks after ITA

please enlighten and thank you

1.Pursuant to R 80.7, “full-time work” means at least 37.5 hours of work over a period of one week.

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the FSW may be met by the equivalent in part-time paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work). However, the part-time work experience must have been accumulated over a continuous period pursuant to R75(2)(a).

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.
In your case since you have gaps where you are not employed, that will not count as "continuous."

2. What salary you make is not at all an issue. You may have a PhD in quantum physics from MIT and can work at McDonald's, it does not matter. What matters is that you meet the minimum criteria and you get points for what you claim.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon , I have applied for PCC in my country on 15.12.2017. Today I got the PCC and it says that upto 15.12.2017 there are no cases against me. Is it going to be a problem since it says only upto 15.12.2017? I am yet to receive ITA.
As per IRCC PCC is required

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more.
If you see the above, your PCC should have been issued within the last 6 months from the day you submit your application. The validity of the PCC does not matter. If IRCC needs a renewed PCC, they will ask.

Reactions: akila868

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
1.Pursuant to R 80.7, “full-time work” means at least 37.5 hours of work over a period of one week.

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the FSW may be met by the equivalent in part-time paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work). However, the part-time work experience must have been accumulated over a continuous period pursuant to R75(2)(a).

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.
In your case since you have gaps where you are not employed, that will not count as "continuous."

2. What salary you make is not at all an issue. You may have a PhD in quantum physics from MIT and can work at McDonald's, it does not matter. What matters is that you meet the minimum criteria and you get points for what you claim.
Thank you so much for such an elaborative answer

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
My SOWP has been approved for 1 year (issue date: 12/01/2017, valid until: 04/01/2019), same as mine WP.

Please advice on following queries:
  1. It means we can enter before 04/01/2019 in canada, but the stay period counter (i.e. 1 year) will be actually started either from the landing date or from the issue date (i.e. 12/01/2017) ?
  2. For renewal after expiration, Do I need to get renewed my WP first and after that I apply for renewal of SOWP, OR I can apply renewal of both mine WP and SOWP together?
Thanks in anticipation!

Kind Regards,
1. The Work Permit or the SOWP gives you the duration within which you can legally work in Canada. You can enter Canada anytime, but the only during the validity can you work.

2. The SOWP is dependent on your WP, so either you can renew both together and inform that the WP has also been filed for renewal, but SOWP will be contingent of the renewal of WP, or you can renew the WP and then the SOWP

Reactions: jojee2k6

Mzub

Jul 9, 2017
Hi legal falcon, I have passed eligibility and ip2 since 27 Nov. After I turned to ip2 I raised cse about my application status because I have completed 8 months now. I received the following response from lvo. Please let me know if it is security screening or just security checks. I have asked the same question before on another thread but couldn't get your response.

"After initial review with the immigration officer, your application is undergoing background checks. These checks take time, cannot be expedited and are not conducted by the London office.

Rest assured, we will be in contact when these are completed. Please note that it is possible to take up employment in the interim, while you are awaiting the outcome of this application."

Sunila

Jul 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9th June 2017
S15 and s16 has nothing to do with the employer going bankrupt. Rather information pertaining to investigation and security is retracted under them and all GCMS notes will have information retracted under these sections, which can include is there was an investigation going on where the applicant worked. If you are referring to my case, then that pertained to the employer being investigated from white collar crime, and it took 10 additional months to finish security screening. But each case is different.

To read more on s15/16 see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/
[/QUOTE]
Thank you legalfalcon for your insight. very grateful to you.

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
As per IRCC PCC is required

• For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.
  • Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more.
If you see the above, your PCC should have been issued within the last 6 months from the day you submit your application. The validity of the PCC does not matter. If IRCC needs a renewed PCC, they will ask.
Thanks bro. So my PCC is okey since it is issued within 6 months. :)

Sunila

Jul 13, 2017
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9th June 2017

[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much legalfalcon. I have understood about s15 and s16 but my question is will my security check conclude(will cic make a decision after investigating ) even though the case against my spouse's employer is still on going in the Indian court? or will cic wait for the case to end and then decide about my pr application? cases in Indian courts go on forever so I'm worried.
there are no words such as 'security screening ' in my gcms notes. only security

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a fixed deposit in one Bank (Bank A). If I transfer it to another bank (Bank B) to a Fixed Deposit, will the following be sufficient to prove the 6 months balance maintenance;

1. Color copies of FD certificates issued by Bank A (from July'17).
2. If the funds have been credit to a savings account in Bank A and then a draft is issued, color copies of the statement along with color copy of the Bank Draft to Bank B.
3. Color copy of the FD certificate from Bank B.
4. Explain in LOE.

ashscool

Nov 15, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon My wife and I are applying for PR, my wife is the primary applicant and i am the dependent. I had traveled to Canada on business visa a few years back and the there is a 8 digit number on my visa (Example: C.REC - FPA 9XXXXXXX). Is this a UCI number? Should i mention this in my application?

Member01

May 20, 2017
This is very subjective. Its all about self evaluation. If you feel that you deserve a better score, by all means go for reevaluation. IELTS website does say that the score could go down, but it rarely happens. If you are confident that you should have received a better score, simply re-take the IELTS.

You can make a profile with the existing score, and if your score improves you can amend your profile.
Thank you legalfalcon for your response, I created my EE profile, with my existing scores, however now I am seeing a huge difference in scores in profile vs. when I calculated in CRS tool.

In CRS tool it showed me around 440, whereas when I entered same info in my profile, it is coming up to only 399. Can you please advise?

Below are my details: (from CRS Tool)

Core/Human capital factors
  • Age = 110
  • Level of education = 98
  • Study in Canada = 15
  • Official Languages = 110
    • First Official Language = 110
    • Second Official Language = 0
  • Canadian work experience = 40
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 358

Spouse factors
  • Level of education = 0