Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I called CIC this morning, I was surprised that no updates with my case in the past month.

The agent confirmed what you said, my security check is in process, it's mandatory but she couldn't predict when it will be completed. All I can do is to wait.:( I find very little input regarding the processing time of security checks on this forum, seems like it's mainly about security screening, could you shed some light on that?
To determine if you are under SS, you will need GCMS notes to confirm. Not everyone goes under SS. So juts wait and everything will be fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Finally.....
Ppr 20oct.
Ip2 20oct.
Aor12 feb- fswo
Rprf n NA2 27 april
Got with in 6 months time frame ( from r10 check )
Congratulations!! That is a great news.

All the best for the journey ahead!

Reactions: narindersahib

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon,
If refused a visa, visa later approved (Nothing untoward in the refusal)

a) Is disclosure required? YES, to will not impact your PR application.
b) others on this forum have indicated that they have been able to supply their refusal letters. If I don't have this.
What do I do? No need for refusal letter. In your LoE you can state that the visa was refused and later approved.
Is there a requirement to provide refusal letter? No.
c) will this have any impact on PR application and approval or background checks? See above
d) what additional checks are done by cic?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a situation here hope to get some help:
  • Both my wife and I just got COPR and PR visa, I am the primary applicant. But we have not landed yet.
  • Both my wife and I still have valid work permit and temporary resident visa.
  • My wife is going out side of Canada next week and returning one week after.
  • I don't have enough time to landing before hers return
Question, considering that because I haven't landed, so my wife cannot land before me, can she return to Canada as worker ? And then we can go landing sometimes later together. Is it possible ?

Thanks in advance. ;)
Yes, your spouse can return as worked, but she will be asked why is she not entering on her PR visa if it has been granted. She just needs to state that she is the secondary applicant and will do the landing after in a few days. If you are doing the landing, and have taken an appointment, carry the appointment confirmation with you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I applied online with family as an FSW-O for LMIA exempted WP. I am from Pakistan, but residing in Italy.

During IP2, CIC via ADR asked for providing copies of our Italian Residence Permits to be sent to Canad Embassy in Rome. I contacted CAD embassy in Rome via email, they advised me to email them without English translation, hence I sent scanned copies of residence permits. Since then there was no updates in MyCIC.

Later I realized that, I have also to upload these residence permits via MyCIC as status was 'YOUR ACTION REQUIRED'. Hence, I uploaded same documents (copies of Italian residence permits without English translations+ LoE).

Strange is embassy told me no english translation required for residence permits, and after sending them I am still at IP2 without status change and no response from embassy. Now I uploaded into MyCIC, status changed from 'your action required' to 'submitted', What would VO/CIC reaction, after submitting residence permits in original Italian Language, not english?

Would it be an issue and lead to the rejection of my WP application or VO / CIC will ask again to provide translations as well? Should I raise CSE?

Kindly advice!

Thanks!
IRCC clearly mandates that all documents submitted with IRCC should be in English or French, or a translation is required. This will not leave to any rejection, but you should get a translation and send it visa CSE.

Also, to see what is happening in your application consider ordering GCMS notes as there you will see agent notes which will help you in knowing if there are any concerns.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@Dp12
@legalfalcon . I am sept 21 AOR and assume that I stuck at NA2 since 29th September. Does calling IRCC automated answering machine tells you your exact status like if they have requested for RPRF or any other update?
I have been trying and it only says we are reviewing your eligibility since the beginning nothing else. So is it just recorded the way it tells or just stuck there till you get any progress.

Thanks and regards.
There is no stage as NA2. All applications as per Immigration law go through the following:

R10 (Completeness)
Eligibility
Criminality
Security
Medicals

Read more of them here - https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

Calling IRCC will tell you the most recent status, but not all the details. To track what is going on with your application consider getting GCMS notes.

Woodroc

Apr 5, 2017
NB
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-06-2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

I got the notes.
It says criminality, eligibility passed on sept18. Medical was upfront and passed aug 4.
File location is PS-SEC (not sure what this is)
Office still Nova scotia

Last Notes from officer is regarding eligibility as follows:
Notes:1
Created date: 2017/09/18
Created by: B9638
Updated DATE: 2017/09/18
UPDATED BY: B9638
RESTRICTED: NO
LABEL: ELIGIBILITY
OFFICE: CENTRALIZED INTAKE OFFICE
TEXT:
APPLICATION NUMBER... APPLICATION PNP: I HAVE REVIEWED THIS APPLICATION BASED UPON THE DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED BY THE APPLICANT AND THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN FILE AND NOTE THE FOLLOWING. FOSS/GCMS CHECK . A: NO ADVERSE INFO. PRINCIPAL APPLICANT CURRENTLY HOLDS VALID STATUS IN CANADA. STATUS UNTIL 2019/05/26. - RPRF: PAID.- LANGUAGE TEST RESULTS: ON FILE.- ADDITIONAL NOTES: TEF CIVIL STATUS. A NEVER MARRIED- NO SPOUSE OR COMMON LAW DECLARED- PA COPY OF PASSPORT ON FILE: YES.- PA COMPLETED SCHEDULE A: ON FILE. WORK EXPERIENCE:- PROVINCE OF NOMINATION: NB .- PROVINCE MATCHES CURRENT RESIDENCE: YES.- NOMINATION VALIDITY: ORIGINAL.- CASE TYPE: ECONOMIC CLASS. SCHEDULE 4 ON FILE: YES.- APPEARS TO MEET ELIGIBILITY DECISION. MEDICALS: - VALID RESULTS IN GCMS FOR ALL APPLICANTS PA:.- CURRENT MEDICAL STATUS: PASSED. VALID UNTIL 2018/07/12. CRIMINALITY: PA:- RCMP SCREENING: NO REPORTABLE TRACE.- POLICE CERTIFICATE:- (COUNTRY OF ORIGINE) : NO REPORTABLE TRACE.- CRIMINALITY DECISION TAKEN. ADDITIONAL NOTES: FILE SENT TO READY FOR PS

* On the gcms, 10 days after (ON SEP 29) on file history I CAN SEE it switched from ready for ps to PS-SEC

SOME PAGES ON THE NOTES HAVE THE S.15(1). THUS SECURITY SAYS NOT STARTED

HELP ME HAVE AN IDEA WHAT'S GOING ON AND WHEN POSSIBLY HAVING PPR PLEASE. I WOULD APPRECIATE.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
That is correct, but if you have sent the court records, that should be fine and you can inform IRCC that it will take 30 days to get the police record, wither IRCC will give you extension or just love ahead with the court records.
Hi @legalfalcon,

We had submitted the documents on October 17th. My cic profile always had "Additional documents: We don't need any additional documents at this stage". It was the same when they had requested for the additional docs. I am wondering if you know the estimate on when can we expect PPR. The background was started on October 11th with additional docs request, Docs were submitted on October 17th. I am also worried about Security Screening. Do you think they can put someone in SS once their BG is at final stage?

Dolly143

Sep 28, 2017
Hi legalfalcon
could u plz help me understand the following:
Does Someone as an inland cec applicant need Pcc from home country as well canada? Or just home country and countries of travel for more than six months??

akila868

Jul 25, 2017

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Dear legalfalcon,

I have recently applied for NSNP demand EE. I need some clarification on NOC. My primary NOC in EE profile is 0121(Financial Brokerage Manager) and i have applied under NOC 6235 (Financial Sales Representative) which is in the demand list.

My job responsibilities in my reference letter match both 0121 and 6235. Since it is mentioned under the NOC 6235 main duties that a financial sales representative performs some or all of the following duties and since some duties of my reference letter are matching i applied under this NOC.

Now my query is if i have to change my primary NOC in EE profile to 6235 from 0121.

Request your expert advice so that i can make the changes in EE profile before they start processing my application

Thank you

fhdahd

Nov 16, 2016
UAE
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
dear Lrgalfalcon,

i received my GCMS notes on October 3, printed on sep 18, my time line below. my concern is according to GCMS notes my primary office is CIO and secondary office is CPC Ottawa, CPC vegerevilla and OSC- Operation Support Center, on September 25 i came to know by calling CIC that my file is transferred to London UK for further processing, on October 18, sent an email to London and they replied that my file is awaiting for an officer review.

yesterday i spoke to CIC again on the update and the customer service told me that my file is still not return to Canada, i was amazed, coz VO offices are responsible for the Final decision, out of curiosity i ask her again that my file has to be return to canada and she says yes.

can you just shed some light on my case

AOR - 24th May
Medical Pass - 8th August
NA2 - 10th August
IP2 - Still waiting
PPR still waiting
PNP Category

Last edited:

smile17

Oct 12, 2017
To determine if you are under SS, you will need GCMS notes to confirm. Not everyone goes under SS. So juts wait and everything will be fine.
I ordered GCMS notes a month ago, and it just shows security. Is there any way I could send you the screenshot of my notes personally? Such as emails. Thank you.

Shubhitr

Mar 20, 2016
@legalfalcon

Hi
I have put my application in the pool. The score is 440. However I have a few queries.

1. My NOC is 1112 for which I have a job responsibilities letter from my previous employer. Experience was for 2 years and 10 months. I left that job in June 2014 and since July 2014 I'm working in my current profile which is similar to the old one, barring couple of changes. I have not used the current job experience of 3.5 years as I do not want to disclose about my intention to move to Canada to my current employer/management. Now, what documents, if at all I need, i have to show for my current employment. I have appointment letter, salary slips and bank statements.

2. I used to put my savings in my parents' account and have a total of 4.5 lacs. My wife has another 2 lacs. But for two people, I need to have a total of about 8.5 lacs. Since I'm short of 2 lacs, I would borrow it from a family member. Now, the 4.5 lacs would be transferred in my name this week. Would I face any issue for funds?

Please help me asap as I am targeting the draw of Nov 1 and do not have much time with me.