05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Will this reference letter format okey.

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that Mr. .................................. (name) was employed with ............................. (company name) in ................................... (address)

Details of his employment are given below:

· Designation :
· Previous designation :
· Date of Joining :
· Date of Resignation :
· Job Status :
· Employee ID :
· Type of Employment (full/ part time):
· Hours of Work/Week :
· Department :
· Reporting Manager :
· Annual Salary (in home country currency & CAD) :
· Benefits :

Duties and responsibilities handled by Mr. .................... were as follows:

Duty 1

Duty 2

Duty 3

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

………………………………….........
Previous Reporting Manager's signature, name, designation, workplace,
address, mobile no., current email no. and official contact details.

Previous Employer Details of Reporting Manager

Name, Designation, Em. no., Company name, Official address, General line
yes, looks good. This has to be on the letter head.

Reactions: akila868

akila868

Jul 25, 2017
yes, looks good. This has to be on the letter head.
Thanks friend. This is the letter i will be taking from my previous boss, who is now my subordinate. So i am unable to take it in a letter head. Notarized docs okey? I can ask his resignation acceptance letter from previous place? What else is required to support this?

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I don't quite understand your question. Can you please elaborate and explain what the issue is.
I just checked my reference letter doesn't have a date. A date that specifies when this letter was written. And there is one typing mistake as well as My name is Written but in bracket my manager copied my company A's employee id and then below all my deatils are mentioned of the company B. The letter is for Company B.

smile17

Oct 12, 2017
Yes, there is a difference between security and security screening. Your AoR is May 15, you are well within the 6 months processing time. So no need to worry. When you order your next set of GCMS you will see progress.

Also, if on your GCMS notes on page 2 where you see the status, your security is blanked and you see s15/16 on the top right corner, then your security is underway.
Thank you so much for the reply! On page 2 of GCMS notes, Security is blanked out and also there is indeed S.15 (1) on the top right corner. Hopefully everything goes as you described.

If there's no updates or ppr in next few weeks, when would you advise me to order the 2nd set of notes?

Last edited:

MANI09

Star Member
Aug 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRCC asks for 6 months average balance to make sure that the fund you have were not borrowed. However, if you are taking a gift deed, you DO NOT need to meet the 6 months average balance.

Also see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/
Thanks.
But do i need to mention all the gifts even if it is not within 6 months? I understand that 6months average donot apply in case of gift deeds but still this 6 month period starts from the bank letter issue date or application submission date?? Qouting my question: Can i skip $4000 entry by waiting till 1st nov or do i need to show both entries in any case?

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
You can be asked by the hospital if any of your tests come abnormal. Then they have to follow the protocol to confirm that there is nothing wrong. Since I am not aware what additional tests you are getting or what the issues is, I can't more.
Thanks for your inputs. I received a communication from cic for IMM5475 form. I have applied and done the whole process by myself. Should I fill in the details with my spouses name? My AOR was 3 Oct and medical has not passed yet.

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Your file is then stuck with CBSA, who has the mandate, as issued by IRCC to investigate and do SS. You can raise an ATIP request with CBSA and see how that goes. But they take almost 3 months to answer.

Usually there are 4 SS activities before the file is approved. And if you already have 3, you can just wait it out.
Hi legalfalcon,
Thank you for your input.
My AOR is Jan 13, Eligibility & Criminality passed in June 2017, SS started on July 17.
The CSIS completed my SS on Sept 22nd and they have submitted their advice to IRCC and CBSA.
Is this routine for CSIS to send advice to CBSA?
Or, does this mean that now CBSA is going to do additional SS?
How long does it take from this point on when CSIS has completed the SS?

Again, thank you for your help!

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Hello Legalfalcon, after i posted this message, I rechecked the information i had provided in my e-APR and realized I had given my spouse's name as Designated Individual in the "representatives" section. Is this why they have asked for the IMM5475?

Also, could you please let me know what i should give as provide in the following fields in the form as i got know the details yet:
  • Name of office where the application was submitted
  • Location of office
Another thing i would like to ask is, if i am giving my spouse as Designated Individual, is their sign required? In the form they ask for signature of applicant and signature of spouse (if applicable)

Thanks for your inputs. I received a communication from cic for IMM5475 form. I have applied and done the whole process by myself. Should I fill in the details with my spouses name? My AOR was 3 Oct and medical has not passed yet.

sal_g

Star Member
Nov 3, 2016
If they say identity verification, it should not take long, as it is in internal process and daily quick. But, it should have already been done, not sure why it is sent to Ottawa. Just see what your GCMS says.
Dear @legalfalcon

the only update i got so far is that local embassy asked for a new national ID card on the 2nd of oct after 19 days fom my visit .it is to renew my picture i guess. i sent back the new one onthe 9th of oct and waiting for the GCMS notes to arrive on 28th of oct to 2nd of nov
no news since the 9th. is there any thing i can do. why are they taking that long time while my figerprints are on all documents and they can verify easily. i do look different due to weight loss and stress in pics but can't they verify by using my fingerprints which are already on my PCC and Ielts

Ganiroy

Star Member
Jun 13, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,

I have a question on POF. My Bank has provided me a letter with the necessary details on Bank letterhead except for Average Balance for the last 6 months. Hence I got Bank statements for last 6 months with the seal and signature of the relevant bank authority. However, in the 1st month in the statement, I got some lumpsum amount credited into my bank account within 15 days range. So, Do I need to show the trail of these funds? Or Bank statement with the seal is fair enough. From the past 5 months, my Average monthly balance is sufficient amount. Kindly advice

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi @legalfalcon
Thanks again so much for all of your help on this journey so far.

I have 2 questions for a friend of mine.

1) If your PR was revoked when you were a teenager (because your family failed to meet the physical residency requirement), can you apply successfully for PR through Express Entry as an adult on your own?

2) My understanding is that having an active PR application could endanger a student visa application because it would be in direct contradiction to your claims that you plan to return to your home country after you complete your studies. But if one obtains a student visa, and then submits a PR application before entering Canada for studies, should that person expect to encounter difficulties or even be denied entry when they try to enter canada on the student visa a short while after (while the PR application is still being processed)?

Last edited:

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Hello,

After a long wait I’ve received my PPR email. i have a few questions

1. Ive sent then an email requesting a change in the VO for submitting passport. Being famous for their response rates, what should I do in case theres no response with the instructions for VO change ?(apart from the constant followup emails )

2. The PPR letter has only PA Name for filling annexure A . What about the dependent ?

Sep 6, 2017
Hello @legalfalcon,
I am new to this page, i have been reading and following up on different timelines and it has been really helpful.
My Timeline below;
FSW-O
AOR -
July 13th
ADR- July 24th FBI PCC
Uploaded- September 08th
Profile status as at October 10th
Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
My Question; Please does anyone have an idea what stage m at? I am also using a consultant is it possible for me to send a mail to them to know the status of my application?