+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

sand0987

May 29, 2014
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am from India and have PNP nomination from Nova Scotia and have been approved PR, I am planning to finish my landing formalities end of this month for a week and then plan to return for winding down later.

Based on anyone's recent experience who completed their landing formalities and immigration procedure, can you please let me know if will they also accept Fixed Deposits and Bank statements totalling up to the amount required for POF which I produced during the application process or if there is specific form in which I need to declare as stated by CIC(such as DD or TC)?

I want to avoid unnecessary conversion of currency if possible as I am only planning to stay for a week.

I am planning to carry the least amount of cash only as much as it would be required during my stay.

Any advice in this regard is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sand0987

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
&lt;br&gt;Express Entry (Point: 392), &lt;br&gt;Applied under SINP EE &lt;br&gt;In Process 30-06-2015&lt;br&gt; After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
Just want to thank you @legalfalcon ... Yesterday I received PPR after 25 months of long waiting. You are the person who was on my side during this long waiting time and supported me in every possible way... May Almighty bless you!

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Congratulations!!

The photograph is only required for the applicants and dependents who have been approved to land in Canada, non accompanying dependents are not required to submit the pictures.
Thank you legalfalcon. Really appreciate your suggestions. I have some post PPR questions, which are mentioned below.

1. My medical will expire on 12 February, 2018. Hope my visa will be valid till that date. Can I land in early or mid January, 2018?

2. At the application stage I chose Vancouver as my preferred destination. However, I am currently thinking about landing and settling in Ottawa. Will this be a problem? Do I need to notify CIC about the change?

3. My daughter and wife are non-accompanying in my application. This was done due to personal and family reasons. Can my family apply for a TRV after I land in Canada and receive my PR card?

4. Once they are in Canada on TRV, I want to process their PR application by sponsoring them.
In such a case, will my wife require an IELTS and ECA (she is a Masters degree holder)?

Your considerate reply will be highly appreciated.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just want to thank you @legalfalcon ... Yesterday I received PPR after 25 months of long waiting. You are the person who was on my side during this long waiting time and supported me in every possible way... May Almighty bless you!
Hey @iceage that is a great news. I am so happy for you and remember that we started the journey together. Do keep me posted and all the best for the journey ahead!!

Rush28

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hi sir...while creating my husbands (dependent applicant) profile on wes i had entered the wrong year of birth in the DOB... as a result the dob in the eca also came wrong.. i hadnt noticed all this.. sometime back when cic asked for our birth certificates.. passport copies again.. i checked all documents and realised that the dob in the eca is wrong.. i submitted the documents and in parallel highlighted to wes that dob is wrong.. they asked me to fax copy of the passport.. that also i have done.. would u know what process will be followed at wes now? I am really apprehensive because cic had sent me a msg that i need to sibmit the correct eca asap else my application may be refused.. :(( any idea how long does wes take to correct such a thing.. and since it was a mistake at my end will they create issues!?

Nency4canada

Sep 22, 2017
There should be no problem as long as you meet all the criteria. You will have to explain the last rejection in LoE.
Thank you so much for your reply.

The thing which still hammering was what if officer has concern with ME with this position? As this is third time consistent application with same employer and what if officer has raise question with genuiness of this job offer. wouldn't he think why this employer is desperate to hire this employee?

I know this Is so much complex situation, and is running in my mind all day long.
I have read your so many post and threads including this thread , GCMS notes thread, security checks and eligibility R10 for EE & you have written these so well with such splendid details. I hope you can provide answer this query with good explanation.

Awaiting your response.
Thanks

Last edited:

narindersahib

Nov 21, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,
I am planning to enquire abt my security status with CSIS. I am not under security screening, but call center agent on call told me that my bcg verification ( security) is still on going. Eligibility on recent notes ws reccomend passed ( since 27april) and security was not started( hs never bn updated under admissibilty since 8 april). Can our security be started without hvng review of an final officer? Aor is12 feb. Is normal security( nt ss) also conductrd by CSIS? Which shld i opt frt CSIs or CbSA?

Last edited:

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
As per the trends you are just one short of another one and then your security should be complete. So just wait and get another GCMS notes in a while and see if there is any change.
Hello legalfalcon,

I received my second set of GCMS notes generated on 9/21/2017. I do not see any change from the previous notes generated on 8/31/2017. No new activity and no new notes.

So, just wait?

Thanks

Vishal A

Apr 9, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
I am a single applicant and got my Passport stamped in July 2017. My Visa is valid till April 2018. I have not yet done landing formalities in Canada. I am looking for a bride and planning to get married in next few months. I would like to know that is it advisable to add spouse before landing in Canada or after landing. What would be the difference in the application for adding spouse before or after landing?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
And on the 2nd and 3rd notes section by case analyst and program assistant on June 7th they mentioned : verified ECA from the institution states Canadian equivalency of 4 years bachelors , documents verified and I recommend pass !! there was no mention of points drop by case analyst and program assistant .. they said everything met including A11.2 and R87.1 etc

But on the assessments 1 : which was generated on may 4th ( day if my AOR ) mentioned that I have 388 points with highest degree post graduate diploma in Canada .. but I have mentioned and submit my WES and degree certificate as well !! That is why the program assistant and case analyst had mentioned about ECAs and no mention of any red flag ..

Do you think it's better to pro active and raise a CSR and tell them that I've submitted my ECA and why there's decrease in score ? And also can I mention that it was mentioned in case analyst notes as well in GCMS notes that they've my ECA which was verified successfully ??
It is the agent notes that matter, not the assessment. So if the case analyst states that you meet the eligibility, you are good. However, after the case analyst states recommended met, an agent is finally review and confirm. So when you get your next set of GCMS notes, you should see the final agent recommendation and status as passed.

If there is any issue then, you should raise a CSE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon I need your advice, I got an email from cic that they have started processing my background and needs some document, below is the exact wording:

"Court record / Police report: Provide an original police report or court records. Please provide an explanation of the events surrounding the charge indicated on your RCMP Clearance. Also, please submit all police reports and court records associated to this charge. This must be received at this office by: 2017/10/18"

The charges were withdrawn and RCMP indicates the same thing. We have managed to get the court record from the respective court with their attestation/certified stamp on it. We tried to speak to the local police and they said the police report will take 30 days for processing. We anyhow have sent the draft and mailed the form they need for the process. I have 2 concerns here, based on the above wording do you think just court record/ court order will suffice or we need to get an extension so that we can submit the police report as well.

Please advice
The court order will suffice, if IRCC needs RCMP, which you should get anyway, they will let you know and when you receive it, you can send it in.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
Just to let you know, I decided to send both of my passports to be on the safer side. I received them back yesterday along with the COPR. No issues at all.
My sincere thanks to you for all the counsel you provided. I would love to treat you to couple of beers to express my gratitude. Hit me up if it interests you. Thank you and keep up the good work. Cheers.
Congratulations!! All the best for the journey ahead!!