Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Legalfalcon,

Sorry to be beating on this again.

Do we have to declare all our accounts in all banks or is it sufficient to just show enough funds in one bank account?
No, you only have to show that you have the min required funds. IRCC is only concerned with knowing that you have the minimum, not how much money you have. That is for you to decide how much money you take to Canada with you later.

The reason I ask is I have accounts with multiple banks and have enough funds in account in one bank (Have declared this). The other account is in different bank and also has enough funds but also has credit card account even though debt is low (Not shown to IRCC). I also have car loan (Not shown to IRCC). I also have other credit card accounts that I have not declared to IRCC.

My total funds is greater than net debt and is also enough for POF but I declared only one of the accounts. Is this an issue?

@legalfalcon Please offer guidance.

Reactions: wolfman2017

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon: Guidance required on filling PR application.(Divorced/Spouse death case)

I have a question regarding the Previous marriage, I would like to know how to represent the case if the person is legally divorced and married again....AND a person married again after the death of a spouse.

In both cases, what are the documents to be submitted for the primary and dependent applicant?

For divorced - Divorce judgment / decree. And the documents for child custody if there are children.
For death - death certificate.

Reactions: scorpionrishu

gurik

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2016
Category........
Other
Thanks again for your reply Sir.

Regarding the CSE you have advised me, i think I did not ask my question properly, i would clarify with you Sir before sending.
To the question, "have you ever been refused visa from any country?"
I have answered "yes" along with the details of refusal i.e date and file number of refused file.

Later I applied again and got the visa.

My confusion is that though i have clearly mentioned the refusal, but to the question "have you ever applied to CIC?" and "have you ever applied to IRCC?" To these questions my representative made me answer "No".
So I was confused that as I had applied to CIC for sort of study visa, why did they made me answer "No". though later in the same form I have told clearly about the refusal and 2 month travel to canada on study visa.
My question is that though I have mentioned the refusal, but answering "no" to the questions (in blue), does it creates a problem and should I raise a CSE, or will i confuse them unecessary and there is nothing to worry?? (my representative says that they make all clients answer "no" even if they had previous visitor/study visa for Canada, I do not trust them, I want to have your legal take on this Sir.)

Reactions: Scorpman21

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
For divorced - Divorce judgment / decree. And the documents for child custody if there are children.
For death - death certificate.
Thanks for the clarification.
But at Whats time they will ask for such documents? I mean, an LOE should be required to explain it while submitting papers OR Documents will be required to furnish at the time of landing to the immiration officer?

Nency4canada

Sep 22, 2017
Your first step should be to get the copies of all the old application and the officer notes under ATIP. That will help clarify the issues which IRCC had. Only based on that, you can make a decision as to whether you should reapply with the same employer or not. Because, if you do apply and IRCC has the same concerns, it will land you in trouble.
Thanks a million @legalfalcon

Can you please suggest some way how to find if IRCC has any issue related to employer in my NOTES?
I had received officer notes and there was not any issues written related to employer. They had issues with my work experience in previous two applications and prior this they had concern with compliance and obligation to IRPA.

Will appreciate a lot if you do hint something to find out what to look into the notes. This is something I am not aware of this.
Hope you don't mind to guide me through this.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Jag13

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
IRCC has concerns with regard to the proof of your employment and that is why they are asking it. Even if you have been paid in cash, there has to be some record, like regular deposits in bank, some document in the employer account about the salary being paid, some paper, your IT returns etc.

You simply cannot get away by saying that the PA was paid in cash. If the PA does not have any record, the employer definitely will have. If neither the employer or the PA have a record, nothing much can be done to salvage the situation.
@legalfalcon the employer can produce documentation to that effect and also issue a letter confirming same will this be fine

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,
Need your expert advice pls.
Does the LVO has authority to varify the tax documents from tax office outside Canada?

Thanks

abhishekasu

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Nothing to worry about, the status page is not an accurate representation. Wait for your passport to come back and if there are any concerns, only then raise a CSE. As of now, nothing to worry about.
@legalfalcon
Oh!! you mean there is still hope that expiry date on my visa would be different from Feb 2018 and they might put a different date based on my medicals etc? That would be really great.

I am worried because I really cannot travel before Apr/May 2018 and hence Feb 2018 expiry has giving me nightmares. Also, just in case if passport is stamped and COPR expiry date is Feb 2018, then what are my options to get it changed?

wolfman2017

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
27-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2015
@legalfalcon

One more query to trouble you.

I received CoPR for my wife and I and noticed a small error. In my CoPR wife's name in dependent section is missing a alphabet in the end. Her CoPR and visa all have correct spelling. Will this be an issue? Do I need to email CIC about it?

Her name is long but am not sure if its due to space constraint or error. Please let me know.

Phillip10002

Star Member
May 18, 2017
@legalfalcon,

Need your advise to confirm if my understanding regarding the below is correct?

Express entry sibling points & treatment on applications :
-I have a half/sister from parents second marriage.
-I have never met this person and don't know the person or even know their name -the half/sister does however reside in Canada and has for several years

-I have NOT included half/sister in express entry profile and therefore not claimed the points for this sibling link.

-for eAPR under additional family section:
should I disclose this person and provide a LOE detailing the link but that I don't know this person and have never met them and therefore have not claimed any points for this?

Will this be ok?
I guess this won't affect application for something like misrepresentation?

Thanks

leila92

May 7, 2016
@legalfalcon

In personal history we're asked to include periods in which we were associated with an organization. I'm unsure about what would constitute that, eg. do I have to be an active member of a political / social / professional organization or is it any membership for any organization?

I was a student member of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) and of my country's computing society, both of which I became a student member to get discount on conferences. Would that something that would fall under what CIC needs me to disclosure? I don't have a problem including that, it's just that I would have to dig in to find out which periods my membership was active so if I don't have to put it on personal history it would save me the trouble.

ETA: Also in the case of ACM, the organization is based on the US, but I was in my home country and I paid online for student membership, so if I have to include that on my personal history which country should I put?

Last edited:

canada201417

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon : In my current job I have obtained the reference letter from my colleague, now he has resigned from the job and moving out of the organization in next month. What should I do in this situation ? I am at NA2 since 40 days and a July PNP applicant.

Kestrel

Star Member
Sep 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2017
AOR Received.
06-09-2017
Med's Done....
25-06-2017
@legalfalcon Need your expert advice please:
My first ITA application got rejected due to PCC. Am getting them now. In the first application I mentioned my spouse work experience as freelance. However, in the new application, (received my 2nd ITA on 6 sept) am thinking to remove it and add this in the personal history section. And don't put anything under spouse work experience to keep things simple as I am not claiming any points. Should I do that? Please help.