FSW
Visa Office......
SGVO
Passport Req..
27-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2022
Dear Legal Falcon,

I am writing to you here in pursuit of my Employment reference letters responsibility drafting agenda. I am a little confused about how might I correctly make the draft for my employer reference letter in terms of writing out the responsibilities. So, it will be really great if you can see them as bellows and let me know whether I can proceed with the same or I need to make some changes. Your help will be of extreme beneficent here. Thank you so much.
  • Retail and wholesale buyers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
    • Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
    • Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
    • Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
    • Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
    • Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
    • Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
    • May supervise the work of other retail buyers.
    • Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.
"
My draft, after keeping my relevant duties as close as possible to the above listing.

"
1. Ordering materials (fabric and accessories) from vendors on behalf of the company for denim garments production as per requirements given on purchasing order.
2. Estimating purchase quantities based on total order quantity, inventory management and also Identifying optimum order quantities for individual items based on company requirement and lead times of suppliers.
3. Periodic review with quality control team and production team to assess the quality the materials supplied by the vendors. And to raise the quality / specification deviations issues with vendors , planning an emergency contingency plan for the process.
4. Meeting up with leading suppliers to update availability of new and improved materials (fabric and embellishment accessories).
5. Doing Market survey on the latest trend, also by visiting various trade shows/fair.
6. Inviting quotations from multiple suppliers for forecast purchases of fabric and trimming accessories, after that, negotiating with suppliers on prices and trade discounts and also settle down the credit terms for the payment in favor of the company.
7. Coordinating with suppliers and the warehouse team for shipment of materials and quality control team for inspection of the material supplied.
8. Approving the purchase invoice once quality control team approves the supplies for quality and specifications, as matching with order issued.

BR

ikky87

Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received my GCMS notes today.

It reads something like this:
APPLICATION
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility:
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Mis. rep:
Other Reqs:
Final:

ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility Assessment: 0
Work Experience: 0
Work Experience - LC: 0

ADMISSIBILITY
Security
UCI#: (Some number here)
Family Name: (My surname here)
Given Names(s): (My full name here)
Type: Security

Criminality: 1
Created date: (Date here)
Created by: (Code here)

Could anyone please help me understand these? Am I under security screening?

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi @legalfalcon

I have just got my GCMS notes: I have something important in the notes section:

Here is the status :
Medicals : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Eligibility : Recommend Passed
Security : Not Started

The notes that was generated on 1st of June, 2017 : The program assistant who reviewed my application mentioned everything about my application, mentioned that I have everything on file and verified employment as well, but he says Canadian education : School found, but unable to determine the level of education ; officer: please review the document # xxx .

and another notes was generated by another person(Case Analyst) on 7th of June, 2017 ( 6 days after the 1st notes ) : He mentioned "Recommend Passed" amd mentioned everything appears met. Experience, medicals, criminality, ECA, language and mentioned document # xxx NOTE: POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA on 2014/04/5 ( this is my level of education ) from xxx school .. I'm interpreting that after a week, another person verified and mentioned my level of education which was asked by the first person to review.

Does this mean, it was verified? Do I have to worry about the 1st notes, or since the 2nd notes by another person says RECOMMEND PASSED should i take into account.. I'm worried..

Can you please throw some light on this?

btw I have provided everything including my transcripts, cmm and degree. I have not missed on anything
Adding in some more details @legalfalcon

Notes 6 dated 1st of June, 2017 : Reviewed by Program Assistant

this is what it says
//I have reviewed this application based upon the docs submitted by the applicant : and mentioned all the details like R10 ok, CRS 441, RCMP screening NRT ( No recorded trace) , and some other stuff related to my file including WES, criminality pass, canadian education documents; credential reviewed;canadian education recognized; unable to determine the level of education;officer: please review document #e123***; ECA reviewed;

Notes 5 dates 5th of June, 2017 : text: ***AGENT REVIEW***POLICE CERTIFICATES R10 OK CRIMINALITY PASSED

Notes 4 dated 7th of June : by Case Analyst ( this is in Ottawa) moved to ottawa due to load

here the case analyst verified everything including my employment history and mentioned no adverse information.. RECOMMENDED PASSED

this is what he wrote :
Case Analyst: based on the documents provided by the applicant and details on the file I make the following recommendation:
Recommendation: Recommended pass; MI2 A11.2 appears met; R87.1 appears met

I have reviewed the following CRS points: PA gained points as a single applicant; gained points for canadian work experience for company 1 and company 2. document1 and 2 are presented. gained points for cnadian eduation document #e123*** NOTE: Business Management-Internation business from **** college name.

Verified employers location, place, everythings looks met. No adverse information and here he mentioned some other details about paystubs and t4s and everyting is good, no red flag

Notes 3: PreValue verified ( ottawa office )
Notes 2 : my email inquiry

Notes 1 : ( latest ) : by the officer whose ID starts with H*** as I mentioned in my post ..
he just opened my file but has not done anything because the text section shows blank :
this was on 23rd last month and on the same month I got ghost update but was nothing on file

I request file ;last month and it was generated 8th of this month.. 9th my additional docs updated from being reviewed to no need.

So, my question is : looking at the notes 4, 5, and 6 : I was little worried when the program assistant said unable to recognize level of education, but later in other notes, case analyst said recommend pass and mentioned by level of education.. am I interpreting correct ? he verified my level of candian education and forwarded it to the officer?

I 'm not able to guess anything from this .. what can I do at this point ? can any one suggest ?

and one more thing ,,
And I have read one of your posts .. I see S16(1) (c) on the right hand corner of NOTES 1 page.. does this mean security has already started and that is causing delay ?

Last edited:

pitico55

Star Member
Jul 22, 2017
hi @legalfalcon i need your advice on this.

I have an issue with job letter from a past employer. it does not contain job description. the company will not give another letter in the format requested by CIC.

I managed to get the job description from a current manager at the company, it's on company letterhead but he just signed it with no stamp an no contact details.

do you think that will do it if I clearly explain the situation in LOE?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,

I have got this thread very helpful. I have some queries:
1. My previous employer as well as my colleagues are unwilling to give me reference letter. What should I do? I have other documents like appointment letter, increment letter and release letter.
Is there no one who will give you a reference letter. You can ask from any of your clients, any person in your company. If you cannot get it from anyone, then you will need to show as much documentation as you can and explain it in detail in the LoE.

2. For PoF, I have one old FDR of more than 6 months and another is new. How can I show 6 months average balance for both of them?
You can combine any number of joint account and FDs to meet the PoF, requirement. Simply get the letter from the financial institution in the format prescribed by IRCC,:
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
In your letter it will be only the details of the FD. Also include the FD certificates. In the LoE, explain the second FD and this would suffice.

3. In My spouse's education certificates, there is a minor spelling mistake (J instead of Z) which contradicts with her passport. I have applied to correct it. But I am afraid if I can make it within my post ITA time frame. In that case, what should I do? I didn't claim points against spouse education.
Simply execute an affidavit affirming that the person who ids dependent spouse and the person whom the degree were awarded is the same and there is an error in the name. Also explain this in LoE.
To read more on PoF see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/proof-funds-requirement-express-entry/

Last edited:
Reactions: Dreamboy2017

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have just got my GCMS notes: I have something important in the notes section:

Here is the status :
Medicals : Passed
Criminality : Passed
Eligibility : Recommend Passed
Security : Not Started

The notes that was generated on 1st of June, 2017 : The program assistant who reviewed my application mentioned everything about my application, mentioned that I have everything on file and verified employment as well, but he says Canadian education : School found, but unable to determine the level of education ; officer: please review the document # xxx .

and another notes was generated by another person(Case Analyst) on 7th of June, 2017 ( 6 days after the 1st notes ) : He mentioned "Recommend Passed" amd mentioned everything appears met. Experience, medicals, criminality, ECA, language and mentioned document # xxx NOTE: POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA on 2014/04/5 ( this is my level of education ) from xxx school .. I'm interpreting that after a week, another person verified and mentioned my level of education which was asked by the first person to review.

Does this mean, it was verified? Do I have to worry about the 1st notes, or since the 2nd notes by another person says RECOMMEND PASSED should i take into account.. I'm worried..

Can you please throw some light on this?

btw I have provided everything including my transcripts, cmm and degree. I have not missed on anything
I believe I have answered your question on another thread. If I am mistaken, please let me know.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon for your valuable input.

I just can't help but worry since there has been some rejection cases wherein the applicant has some online degree from UK or US and did not visit or lived there at all but was required to submit a pcc from that country.

That is for the field of Education, I wonder if the same applies for membership in some Organization.?.:(:confused:
Membership of organization is to ask that the applicant or his family should not be a member of any organization which may be involved in acts of crime, hate etc. There is nothing to worry.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
According to my GCMS notes, Program Assistant review is Recommendation: Pass.

Is it okay?
That is great news. This is the first stage, now the IRCC agent will review the recommendation and make a final determination. In most cases the IRCC agent will go along with the recommendation. When you see your next notes, you will see a new agent note.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much for the reply. Another question is that overlapping dates of foreign work experience and education reduce both full time have any impact on the application?
You can only claim points for one work experience, even when they overlap. You cannot claim for both and add them. Also you will have to explain why they overlapped. It has no major impact on the processing of an application, but does raise concerns as to why a person would work two jobs at the same time. Education and work can be understandable.

Reactions: Acid

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legal Falcon,

I am writing to you here in pursuit of my Employment reference letters responsibility drafting agenda. I am a little confused about how might I correctly make the draft for my employer reference letter in terms of writing out the responsibilities. So, it will be really great if you can see them as bellows and let me know whether I can proceed with the same or I need to make some changes. Your help will be of extreme beneficent here. Thank you so much.
  • Retail and wholesale buyers perform some or all of the following duties:
    • Purchase merchandise for resale by retail or wholesale establishments
    • Review requirements of establishment and determine quantity and type of merchandise to purchase
    • Study market reports, trade periodicals and sales promotion materials and visit trade shows, showrooms, factories and product design events
    • Select the merchandise which best fits the establishment's requirements
    • Interview suppliers and negotiate prices, discounts, credit terms and transportation arrangements
    • Oversee distribution of merchandise to outlets and maintain adequate stock levels
    • Establish and maintain contact with suppliers
    • May supervise the work of other retail buyers.
    • Retail and wholesale buyers may specialize in a particular merchandise line.
"
My draft, after keeping my relevant duties as close as possible to the above listing.

"
1. Ordering materials (fabric and accessories) from vendors on behalf of the company for denim garments production as per requirements given on purchasing order.
2. Estimating purchase quantities based on total order quantity, inventory management and also Identifying optimum order quantities for individual items based on company requirement and lead times of suppliers.
3. Periodic review with quality control team and production team to assess the quality the materials supplied by the vendors. And to raise the quality / specification deviations issues with vendors , planning an emergency contingency plan for the process.
4. Meeting up with leading suppliers to update availability of new and improved materials (fabric and embellishment accessories).
5. Doing Market survey on the latest trend, also by visiting various trade shows/fair.
6. Inviting quotations from multiple suppliers for forecast purchases of fabric and trimming accessories, after that, negotiating with suppliers on prices and trade discounts and also settle down the credit terms for the payment in favor of the company.
7. Coordinating with suppliers and the warehouse team for shipment of materials and quality control team for inspection of the material supplied.
8. Approving the purchase invoice once quality control team approves the supplies for quality and specifications, as matching with order issued.

BR
It is very difficult to look into each draft for so many people. However, I would be happy to answer any specific questions you may have. If you may be interested, you can contact GET GCMS <https://www.getgcms.com> who do provide NOC match services on case to case basis.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello everyone,

I received my GCMS notes today.

It reads something like this:
APPLICATION
App Status: Open
App Status Reason: In Progress

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility:
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Mis. rep:
Other Reqs:
Final:

ELIGIBILITY
Eligibility Assessment: 0
Work Experience: 0
Work Experience - LC: 0

ADMISSIBILITY
Security
UCI#: (Some number here)
Family Name: (My surname here)
Given Names(s): (My full name here)
Type: Security

Criminality: 1
Created date: (Date here)
Created by: (Code here)

Could anyone please help me understand these? Am I under security screening?
No, you are not under SS, yet.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon i need your advice on this.

I have an issue with job letter from a past employer. it does not contain job description. the company will not give another letter in the format requested by CIC.

I managed to get the job description from a current manager at the company, it's on company letterhead but he just signed it with no stamp an no contact details.

do you think that will do it if I clearly explain the situation in LOE?
This will work and you can explain more in the LoE.

Acid

Star Member
Aug 8, 2017
You can only claim points for one work experience, even when they overlap. You cannot claim for both and add them. Also you will have to explain why they overlapped. It has no major impact on the processing of an application, but does raise concerns as to why a person would work two jobs at the same time. Education and work can be understandable.
Thank you leagl falcon, as you said education and work during the same period is understandable. Does full-time education and full-time work outside Canada affect our CRS points or eligibility, please?

Swooshai

May 20, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Legal Falcon pls help advice

Previous PR app was refused cos primary occupation declared in NoC 9212 was less than 1yr though now this experience is about 1yr 3months

PA has 11 years experience in NoC 9232 as process operator which was part of work experience mentioned in previously refused app.

In this new application can PA switch to NoC 9232- process operator asking VO to assess him based on this NoC.

Will this switch be an issue?