Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
As mentioned the eligibility was passed on 11th of Aug. The final note was from the Visa Officer himself after conducting the integrated search, in the note he mentioned that he has not found any problem with the PA and the dependent application. I am positive that there is nothing left from Criminality, Medical and Eligibility. Security, however is a mystery as i have 4 entries in the activities section. Sub-Activity/Activity type is security on "Activity 4" without any dates. on "activity 3", it is "security screening" and the new value is "not started" and the date in 15th Aug. on "activity 2" the same as "activity 4" but it is changed to "Security screening" instead of "security". the same thing from "Activity 2" was repeated in "Activity 1".

What do you think?
If you see "Security Screening" on the GCMS notes then you are in for a long haul and the processing of your application may take longer. A lot of applicants see extended processing time. If it has been a long time, you can tray getting reports from CSIS and CBSA.

satyavisa35

Oct 4, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I am CEC inland .AOR May-16: Medical passed 28-Jul.
The last update in my profile adr changed to No additional documents required on 5-Sep. Which stage i am in. I order GCMS notes. BGC still shows your application is in progress.we will send you a message when background starts

deepaksisodia079

Star Member
May 3, 2017
NOC Code......
IRCC states - If you do not have a family name on your passport, travel or identity document, enter all your given name(s) in the surname field and leave the given name field blank. Do not enter “Not applicable,” “*” or “NA.”

So enter your father's name in the surname field.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=014&top=4
Which means that both first name and last name would have my fathers name sincr both first and last are mandatory fields in the form.

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
Dear Legalfalcon,

Please, I need you advise urgently on calculating my wife work experience, she worked as an Assistant Professor with a College in India on ad-hoc basis (but full time) details here-under:-

Oct 2010 - Feb 2011 = 5 months , Total 720 hours
July 2011- Feb 2012 = 7 months, Total 1008 hours
July 2012- Jan 2013 = 6 months, Total 864 hours
July 2013- Feb 2014 = 8 months, Total 1152 hours
July 2014- Apr 2015 = 9 months, Total 1296 hours
July 2015- Oct 2015= 3 months, Total 432 hours
** 6 hours each day working, 6 days a week

G. Total: 38 months, 5472 hours

Thanking you in anticipation, awaiting your reply.

Besr regards,
Mohit

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I am CEC inland .AOR May-16: Medical passed 28-Jul.
The last update in my profile adr changed to No additional documents required on 5-Sep. Which stage i am in. I order GCMS notes. BGC still shows your application is in progress.we will send you a message when background starts
Based on the fact that your medicals have passed, and your AoR is May 16, you have most likely cleared R10, and your eligibility must have started. However, when you receive the GCMS notes, this will be confirmed. To read more on the stages an application goes through see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

Please, I need you advise urgently on calculating my wife work experience, she worked as an Assistant Professor with a College in India on ad-hoc basis (but full time) details here-under:-

Oct 2010 - Feb 2011 = 5 months , Total 720 hours
July 2011- Feb 2012 = 7 months, Total 1008 hours
July 2012- Jan 2013 = 6 months, Total 864 hours
July 2013- Feb 2014 = 8 months, Total 1152 hours
July 2014- Apr 2015 = 9 months, Total 1296 hours
July 2015- Oct 2015= 3 months, Total 432 hours
** 6 hours each day working, 6 days a week

G. Total: 38 months, 5472 hours

Thanking you in anticipation, awaiting your reply.

Besr regards,
Mohit
If your spouse is a dependent in the application, you do not get any points for the work experience. So you can just ignore it. To calculate, the IRCC guideline states:

For FSW applications received on or after May 4, 2013

Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned.

For FSW applications received before May 4, 2013

Pursuant to R80.7, “full-time work” means at least 37.5 hours of work over a period of one week.

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class may be met by the equivalent in part-time paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work). However, the part-time work experience must have been accumulated over a continuous period pursuant to R75(2)(a).

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.

Reactions: scorpionrishu

scorpionrishu

Star Member
Apr 1, 2017
If your spouse is a dependent in the application, you do not get any points for the work experience. So you can just ignore it. To calculate, the IRCC guideline states:

For FSW applications received on or after May 4, 2013

Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned.

For FSW applications received before May 4, 2013

Pursuant to R80.7, “full-time work” means at least 37.5 hours of work over a period of one week.

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the Federal Skilled Worker Class may be met by the equivalent in part-time paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work). However, the part-time work experience must have been accumulated over a continuous period pursuant to R75(2)(a).

Calculating work experience for FSW

Work experience can be calculated by:

• adding up the number of continuous weeks of full-time (or equivalent in part-time) paid work (i.e., 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one full-time job, a combined total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one part-time job,
  • 15 hours per week in one part-time job over a period of two years, etc) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of NOC 2011.
Note: Work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours of paid work over a period of one week cannot compensate for less than one year of full-time work experience.
@legalfalcon: Thanks for your prompt response. My wife is going to be a primary applicant and her all work experience with the same collage according to respective academic sessions.
So it means i can combine all the working months together to calculate the total work experience? and there is no issue with the gap months between the academic sessions?

Thanks in advance!

satyavisa35

Oct 4, 2016
Based on the fact that your medicals have passed, and your AoR is May 16, you have most likely cleared R10, and your eligibility must have started. However, when you receive the GCMS notes, this will be confirmed. To read more on the stages an application goes through see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/
@legalfalcon: thanks. Just today morning when i checked my account BGC says: we are processing your background check.We will send you a message if we need more information from you. Is it IP2. How soon i expect PPR email.

inferno1234

Jun 10, 2017
@legalfalcon, am currently at IP2 but my medical is still in review. Received a response from VO in respect to my mail on my status that the result of the medical examination is been awaited but I don't understand if it means from medical officer at Health Canada or panel physician. I ordered my gcms notes since 1st of August but am yet to receive it

AtImechE

Star Member
May 3, 2017
If its a gift deed, you are fine.
Thanks for your response. Money was deposited cash in a few transaction, I have mentioned total amount in affidavit, shall I get another one mentioning specific transactions with amount?
Another query, I am getting contradictory views about this. My valid passport has no stamps and my previous 2 passports have many stamps on them. In instructions it says upload valid passport. Do I need to upload my expired passports as well?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear @legalfalcon :

I received the PPR, which was forwarded to me by my representative as part of his email and not as an attachment. The PPR part of his email starts simply with date,UCI no. And application no. and after the details on how to submit passport ends with the statement that this letter is computer generated and does not require any stamp/signature.

However from what I have read on the forum, the PPR letter is always on letter head, whereas in my case there isn't any letterhead or IRCC logo etc.,and just a plain email. Should I just print the PPR part of the email and that is good enough or must it be on letterhead? Please guide.

Also, should the form asking info be filled in pen?

Lastly, can the photographs be made by any professional photographer or must these be snapped at VFS office?

Please help me out with these confusions. Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon: Thanks for your prompt response. My wife is going to be a primary applicant and her all work experience with the same collage according to respective academic sessions.
So it means i can combine all the working months together to calculate the total work experience? and there is no issue with the gap months between the academic sessions?

Thanks in advance!
Yes, you can combine the work and no issues with the gap. However, you will need to show at least 1 year of of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. Rest you can combine.

Reactions: scorpionrishu