17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,
Received an ITA as an CEC applicant. I do have Canadian Experience but I am not in Canada for last 1 year and do not have any job offer or valid WP.

While filling an application, it asks for POF. What should I do ? Do i need to mention in the form and later, in LOE mention about being CEC, not submitting POF or I need to submit POF.

Kindly advice.
In your case you will have to show PoF. IRCC states:

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream).

Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,

I would be filing my eAPR in 2-3 days.
Could you please tell me if these docs are valid?
It is my kind request, please don't overlook any date, Please :)

Companies Experience letter: Issued on 3rd-July-2017 ------ Fine
PCC: Issued on 4th July-2017 -------- Fine, as for the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
Deed of Gift : 6th-July-2017 ------------ Fine, make sure you include the PoF, as in show the money in your bank account.
  • The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Except the 6 months average balance, you should have everything else.

Affidavit: 05-July-2017 ------- This is fine
Net worth from Chartered Accountant: 6th-July-2017 --------Not required, but not harm in sending.

Reactions: RahulSinena

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hello friends & @legalfalcon

I have a job offer in Canada from an MNC but without LMIA. I declared this in my EE profile . my employer agreed to wait for me to get my PR and join the company.

recently i received an ITA under OINP , I have completed all the initial forms . Then this generated a personalized checklist which contains the following items like

offer of employment --- ( which is the offer letter by a canadian employer i have to upload)
letter of employment --- (what does this mean ? and what should u upload in this section)

Please and kindly tell me what should i do for letter of employment as i havent started working their , my employer cant give me that.
The letter is the document accepting you and the offer is the one with the terms and conditions of employment. If you do not have one, you can explain it in LoE.

IRCC states: <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp>

Document requirements
  • This document is required only if the applicant claims to have a qualifying offer of arranged employment.
  • A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must
    • be printed on company letterhead and include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate supervisor or personnel officer; and
    • include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.
  • If the there is an associated Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to the offer of employment, the LMIA number is requested as part of the application.
    • A scanned copy of the LMIA is not required when submitting the e-APR but may be requested by IRCC at a later date.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi , I'm creating a profile under cec and would like to know about the work history. Im a pharmacist and Im working here and there as a floater with no regular employer but I have completed 1600 hours of work. can anyone please guide me?
As long as you can get reference letters you are good.

See <http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp>

The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

• a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
    • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
    • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
  • if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Reactions: baddigam

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,

Sorry for asking few more questions. I just got my doc checklist and now have a few questions about the documents to be submitted:
  • Medical exam : It says that medical exam has to be done for all dependents, even non-accompanying dependents. While filling the form we had mentioned details of our parents and siblings. Does CIC consider all these people as dependents or only spouse and child?
Just your core family - Primary applicant, spouse / common law partner and dependent children.
  • Proof of funds: Between my spouse and me we have multiple accounts with different banks with FDs we are maintaining for the required funds. Does it matter if the letters that we get from banks are on different dates? Like, few weeks apart or does it all have to be issued around the same time?
They can be on different dates and different banks no issues as longs they meet:

• The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.

• Proof of funds: I am short of funds by about 15% of the total requirement and this amount has been transferred to my account by my mother. Would this be considered as spike in funds by CIC? Do i need to get a gift deed for this amount ?
You need a gift deed ir it does not meet the 6 months average balance. If it does, it is fine.
  • Spouse Employment details: While filling the EE form i had provided details about my spouses work experience. But as i understand, no points are given for this unless the jobs were in Canada. When i got the document checklist, there are placeholders for these jobs as well. Is it mandatory to get reference letters and upload them? Can any changed be made post ITA in the form so that we dont have to submit these documents?
Yes, you can remove the work history and just mention it in personal history.
  • Educational documents: Do all marks cards have to be submitted or only the Degrees, WES report and IELTS report for this placeholder?
See the instructions, it only asks for degrees. However, some people have stated their applications were rejected because of not uploading IELTS and WES ECA, so to be safe upload them too.
As always, thanks a lot for your valuable inputs :)

Reactions: anoop10x

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,

After receiving PPR, is there a minimum time within which it should be submitted? And should it be with a VFS in my country of residence, or in general at any VFS that I choose as per my convenience ?
You will get 30 days.

lucky07

Aug 6, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am confused. here is the initial discussion with you -
----------------
From Lucky07 -Hi Legalfalcon,
Received an ITA as an CEC applicant. I do have Canadian Experience but I am not in Canada for last 1 year and do not have any job offer or valid WP.

While filling an application, it asks for POF. What should I do ? Do i need to mention in the form and later, in LOE mention about being CEC, not submitting POF or I need to submit POF.

Kindly advice.

From Legalfalcon -In your case you will have to show PoF. IRCC states:

You don’t need to show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family to meet the program requirements of the Canadian Experience Class (this includes provincial nominees who are part of the CEC stream).

-------------------

But CIC site says -
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family in Canada to meet the minimum requirements of:
  • the Federal Skilled Worker Program or
  • the Federal Skilled Trades Program
You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).
If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.
If you are invited to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.

Note that you do not need proof of funds if you are currently: (Lucky07 -I believe this text is only meant for FSW/FST stream as the POF is required for them as stated in the starting)
Keep your funds up-to-date in your profile. The system may find that you are eligible for more than one program. You don’t always know ahead of time which program you will be invited under.

--------

So again i need second thought/eyes.

Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, I am confused. here is the initial discussion with you -
----------------

So again i need second thought/eyes.

Thanks.
@lucky07 If your are a CEC, then you are exempt from the PoF requirement, however, as I stated above:

The for CEC you don't have to show PoF, however, it is at the discretion of the officer to ask for one, especially if you are not in Canada and don't have a work authorization. If you include the PoF, it supports your case but is not mandatory.

Sorry for the confusion above.

masumah

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
@legalfalcon
U have been a life saver for many on this forum with ur advice. I really hope that u can help me too. I got a schedule A request for my spouse's personal history. However i do not remember the exact time spans mentioned in my pr application. Is there any way to access those submitted forms/original application so that i can be sure of putting same dates on schedule A as they are in the application.
Eagerly waiting for help

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon. I've been gettig confluicting answers on the forum and was hoping you'd be able to help me clear things up:

I noticed my additional document status changed from "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed" to "we do not require any additional documents" some time last week.

FSW-O with AOR June 1st.
Medical Passed: July 17th
BG: NA

I check my application once every 7-10 days so IP1 might've passed and I missed it but I'm not sure as on July 26th I received an email CPC CTD Ottawa replying to my inquiry on my VO stating that my file was still at CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Does the change of status of additional documents confirm I'm at NA2? If so, does that mean eligibility was done? What should I expect at this stage?

Thanks for the help on advance :)

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

Regarding the PCC for countries where you lived in the past, IRCC say:
  • "have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory."
To me, it refers to the residence and not visit?

I am French, my PCC was issued last May but I visited France for holidays in June. I do not reside in France anymore since 2011.

I read some people saying that the PCC should be issued after the last "visit"? If this is true, I am in troubles since submitted AOR yesterday. What do you think?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
U have been a life saver for many on this forum with ur advice. I really hope that u can help me too. I got a schedule A request for my spouse's personal history. However i do not remember the exact time spans mentioned in my pr application. Is there any way to access those submitted forms/original application so that i can be sure of putting same dates on schedule A as they are in the application.
Eagerly waiting for help
Even if the dates are not the same, it won't matter as long as they are close enough. The whole purpose of Schedule A is to document everything in detail and fill any gaps that may exist.

The only way of getting the copy of your file is by requesting it under the Access to Information Act. If you are in Canada, or know someone who can do it, you can apply, or else you can get one from GET GCMS, by ordering GCMS+ (https://www.getgcms.com/order-now), Alternatively if you just want to see what you submitted, you can definitely log back to MyCIC and see in the submitted form.

However, it will take at least 30 days before you will get it and your submission date is much before that. So I will recommend that go ahead and fill the Schedule A with the best of your knowledge and don't leave any gaps.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. I've been gettig confluicting answers on the forum and was hoping you'd be able to help me clear things up:

I noticed my additional document status changed from "The additional documents you provided are being reviewed" to "we do not require any additional documents" some time last week.

FSW-O with AOR June 1st.
Medical Passed: July 17th
BG: NA

I check my application once every 7-10 days so IP1 might've passed and I missed it but I'm not sure as on July 26th I received an email CPC CTD Ottawa replying to my inquiry on my VO stating that my file was still at CIO Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Does the change of status of additional documents confirm I'm at NA2? If so, does that mean eligibility was done? What should I expect at this stage?

Thanks for the help on advance :)

The MyCIC status do not show which stage you are at. Although if you are in IP2 your are pretty much done, but some applicants have seen that their eligibility is not passed even when they are in IP2. Instead you should see what stage you have passed. To see the different stages of an application see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

As regards the IP1 & IP2, @Kiran K is more precise in predicting.

I would suggest that if you are concerned, order GCMS notes and that is the best way to conclusively know where your file is.

Reactions: MoeD