Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Sorry, but can you please explain. I did not understood it well.
If your PCC states that Mr./Ms. XYZ, holding passport number xxxxxxxx.

Then you will need a new PCC since your PCC is passport specific.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
A quick question - do we need to send last 6 months banks statement if we have a letter from bank indicating average balance for six months? Does cic ask for detailed statements although bank has issued letter?Actually, I am inquiring for my brother who has a personal loan running in a different bank but emi is being debited from account where balance is maintained. Personal loan was taken almost 2 years back and have an outstanding due of 10K CAD. Account balance is maintained at 14K CAD and we have letter from bank indicating last 6 months balance without any outstanding dues or loan. My brother has received ITA, so was thinking of whether to avoid disclosing loan details from other bank.Please advise
As per IRCC:

• The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
    • o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
  • Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear legalfalcon,

I have asked many questions in the past from you and you have always replied so thanks for that. I have one more query:

My AOR is 30th March 2017
Medicals passed 2nd June
BG changed to IP1 from NA on 3rd June
BG changed to NA on 18th June
Docs section changed to "No additional documents required" on 14th July

Since then there has been no change in BG status to IP2 or NA, should we be worried or is it OK. I was concerned as lot of April AOR and even some from may have received PPR.

Me and my wife do have a lot of travel history and all together we had to submit 7 PCC for both of us from India, Sri Lanka, UK and USA. Do you think this could be reason for delay in our application?

Please do let us know your opinion and any action that we should take, it has been 116 days since AOR.

Thanks in advance.
Has your eligibility passed? You will be able to find that from your GCMS notes. If not, then the wait will be longer. If the eligibility has passed the only the security is left which should be done soon. Every application is different and processed differently.

The average processing time is 6 months, you are only at 4.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon:

According to the cic website:

"If a supporting document is in a language other than English or French, the applicant must provide IRCC with:

• the English or French translation; and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translations; and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document."
I have a confusion regarding the certified photocopy. Should the photocopy be a black and white or in color? And should the affidavit be missing would that be a problem, as I shall be translating it from the notary public's office itself and he shall be notarising it also. I will ofcourse ask him to give me an affidavit also, but just in case.

Also, one of my documents is in both English and native language, do i still need to translate that.

My last question is, whether the affidavits of the translator be required for each and every document or one affidavit mentioning all the documents be sufficient?

Please advise. And sorry for a long query Thank you.
All the documents are mandatory. So your pack should look like this:

1. translated document in english or french
2. an affidavit from the person translating the document
3. certified copy of the original document, this can be b/w or color.

One affidavit will suffice for all documents as long as it is done by the same person all documents are made a part of it.

Reactions: omarkhan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: pino1130

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon please advise

My name on my diplomas is a little different in middle names spelling than my rest of my documents however my ECA was issued with the same name as on my documents and I told them about the name discrepancy. How do you solve this discrepancy?

Just add an affidavit declaring that the educational degree is your degree and there is a spelling error. Get it notarized.

Also I changed my address recently and still waiting on my FBI PCC and I asked USPS to forward my old address to my new address so I can get my mail and I kept my zip code for credit card charging by FBI so it would go through. Any idea on the best course of action here to make sure I won't miss the FBI documents please?

You can call FBI and ask if they would be willing to change your address. You will need to send a document by fax for that, but will depend on them. Apart from that, you will have to wait and hope the envelope is forwarded to your address.

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017

One affidavit will suffice for all documents as long as it is done by the same person all documents are made a part of it.
Thank you very much.

Deekap

Jun 28, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon. I have a couple of doubts and hope you can help me.

1) we applied for my husband's PCC and got it in a week. Later we realised that his passport will expire in mid 2018 so we applied for renewal and will submit only after New passport will arrive. Do we need to get a fresh PCC in this case.

2) What shall be done with the travel history...as he travelled a lot on old passport. Do we have to attach travel details from the old one? If yes then where? In travel section or personal section. Do we also have to upload old passport to support the claim?

3) His ielts score is linked with old passport. Will explaining the reason for getting a new passport suffice.

4) my husband has been to xiamen; China 5 times in last 5 years ... for approx 8 months
We tried our best but couldn't get his pcc.
We have all communication with private agencies, friends etc stating that it is very difficult /impossible to get one as my husband was on Business visa. We will quote US FBI website where it states that China dont grant PIC when on Business visa. How strong us our case if we explain all of this in LOE.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Last edited:

Canadianspirit

Feb 2, 2017
Is there a template for the affidavit?

Also I am using my spouse's funds so I need a No objection declaration does this have to be notarized as well?

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017

Dear legalfalcon:

Just a last quick question: what should the translator's affidavit contain? Should it simply contain that the translated documents are true copies of the originals?

krazzee

Star Member
Aug 2, 2016
First off, nothing to worry about if all your documents are in place and your application was true and accurate.

You will have to wait for an interview. The interview is a normal process and will not take more than 30-45 minutes during which the officer will ask you about your job, your education, see your documents, and have a conversation about your employment.

Usually as soon as the interview is over, you get the PPR.

Just gather all your documents that you submitted with your PR. These should be originals.
Thank you very much @legalfalcon. So I'll just have to wait for the interview call :(