05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thomman said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I assume the PCC from the different countries can have different photos also. Because I ran out of the passport photos that I used for 2 places and for the 3rd one, I need to use new one. I hope it is fine

Another thing, you said " Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. ". Is it six months continuous or sum total of 6 months of stay, even if exit after few months and come back at a later time?

It is six months continuous.

Another query is From a previous employer, the reference letter that I got doesn't contain working hours and they are not willing to put it in. Will that be a problem when I submit? If problem, please advice what I can do for nullifying that problem. I have my current employer letter, which have all the details, where I have been working for 7 years now.

In that case you can explain in your letter of explanation your working hours and also attach a letter from your colleague, or someone who would be willing to stats that. Also attach your pay slips, tax records so that it can be verified that a person in your position would be paid this amount for a full time work.
Thanks

Tom

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hk22 said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a confusion regarding following question in Personal details "Has this person ever used any other name?"
My answer is yes as my last name was different before marriage. What documents do I need to attach as proof for my name before marriage?

Can I use my PAN CARD(which carries my previous name and photo) and 10th certificate(which carries my previous name and father's name) as proof for my name before marriage?
You will need to draft an affidavit stating that before marriage your last name was different, however, after marriage you changed your name. Get it notarized and along with it attach any documents like your PAN card, school mark sheets with your different last name, but has your father's name, also attach your Passport with the new last name,

This would suffice.

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
legalfalcon said:
In that case you can explain in your letter of explanation your working hours and also attach a letter from your colleague, or someone who would be willing to stats that. Also attach your pay slips, tax records so that it can be verified that a person in your position would be paid this amount for a full time work.
Hi LegalFalcon,

Thanks for the reply.

The employment is like 8 years ago and I dont have any pay slips for the same now and it was tax free (was in oman). So, can I just get a letter from my collegaue who can declare that to be true and attach? Does it need to be notarized one?

Also, I need to submit 3 PCC's, from 3 different countries. Is there a problem in having the picture different in them?

Thanks

Tom

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thomman said:
Hi LegalFalcon,

Thanks for the reply.

The employment is like 8 years ago and I dont have any pay slips for the same now and it was tax free (was in oman). So, can I just get a letter from my collegaue who can declare that to be true and attach? Does it need to be notarized one?

yes, a letter from a colleague would be fine and it does not have to be notarized.

Also, I need to submit 3 PCC's, from 3 different countries. Is there a problem in having the picture different in them?
no

Thanks

Tom

hk22

Jan 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-22-2017
Thanks for replying!!

By affidavit you mean self declaration? I can write declaration on a piece of paper and get notarized from a public notary or it should be through a attorney? just FYI I live in US so its tough to get from India.

legalfalcon said:
You will need to draft an affidavit stating that before marriage your last name was different, however, after marriage you changed your name. Get it notarized and along with it attach any documents like your PAN card, school mark sheets with your different last name, but has your father's name, also attach your Passport with the new last name,

This would suffice.

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
legalfalcon said:
There is nothing to be concerned about. Just file the application as married. In your Letter of explanation explain the issue. Also get an affidavit signed by you and your spouse stating that before your marriage you were in a common law relationship and got married on xxxx date. Also include your marriage certificate.
Hi Legal falcon i sent you a pm bug i guess it can be shared as well

Does the affidavit need to be signed only by my spouse and I without like a notary public, is it acceptable?

I created two similar letters so that my spouse and I can sign individually, can you let me know if this format is acceptable?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 14, 2017

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Re: Express Entry Application Marital Status Change for
Name: [spouse's full name]
DOB: [spouse's DOB]

To Whom It May Concern:

I, [spouse's name], solemnly pledge and declare that:

1. I was in a common-law relationship with [primary applicant's name] before I got married.

2. I had no prior relationships.

3. I got married to [primary applicant's name] on March 10, 2017.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hk22 said:
Thanks for replying!!

By affidavit you mean self declaration? I can write declaration on a piece of paper and get notarized from a public notary or it should be through a attorney? just FYI I live in US so its tough to get from India.
Yes, you can draft one on your own and get it notarized, however, all affidavits have a set pattern and a starting and ending language. Just make sure that you follow that. You can find samples online.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Nicotugz said:
Hi Legal falcon i sent you a pm bug i guess it can be shared as well

Does the affidavit need to be signed only by my spouse and I without like a notary public, is it acceptable?

I created two similar letters so that my spouse and I can sign individually, can you let me know if this format is acceptable?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 14, 2017

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Re: Express Entry Application Marital Status Change for
Name: [spouse's full name]
DOB: [spouse's DOB]

To Whom It May Concern:

I, [spouse's name], solemnly pledge and declare that:

1. I was in a common-law relationship with [primary applicant's name] before I got married.

2. I had no prior relationships.

3. I got married to [primary applicant's name] on March 10, 2017.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf

You need a similar one that covers all the points in the affidavit.

hk22

Jan 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-22-2017
legalfalcon said:
Yes, you can draft one on your own and get it notarized, however, all affidavits have a set pattern and a starting and ending language. Just make sure that you follow that. You can find samples online.
Thanks!!

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
legalfalcon said:
You only need one affidavit and both, you and your spouse, can sign it. Check out the format that IRCC has.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5409E.pdf

You need a similar one that covers all the points in the affidavit.
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for your continuous support, can you let me know if this is a better format?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 16, 2017

Citizenship and Immigration Canada,

We, (Declarant) and (Declarant Partners Name) of [Home Address] county of [county name ]in [state name] in the country of [country name], solemnly declare that we have cohabited in a conjugal relationship for 4 continuous years from [date from] to [date to].
We make this solemn declaration conscientiously believe it to be true and knowing that it is the same force and effect as if made under oath.

----------------------------------- -------------------------------
(Declarant Name) (Declarant Partners Name)
(Declarant) (Declarant’s partner)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Nicotugz said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for your continuous support, can you let me know if this is a better format?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 16, 2017

Citizenship and Immigration Canada,

We, (Declarant) and (Declarant Partners Name) of [Home Address] county of [county name ]in [state name] in the country of [country name], solemnly declare that we have cohabited in a conjugal relationship for 4 continuous years from [date from] to [date to].
We make this solemn declaration conscientiously believe it to be true and knowing that it is the same force and effect as if made under oath.

----------------------------------- -------------------------------
(Declarant Name) (Declarant Partners Name)
(Declarant) (Declarant’s partner)
This looks good, but adding some supporting documents will be good. Also, in this affidavit itself you can add that you were married on [DATE] and attach the marriage certificate along with the affidavit.

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Hello Legalfalcon, I have a querry regarding choosing a province while filling up post ITA forms. Like can i go and live in any other province than what i choose while filling post ITA forms?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
ybhypnotic said:
Hello Legalfalcon, I have a querry regarding choosing a province while filling up post ITA forms. Like can i go and live in any other province than what i choose while filling post ITA forms?
If you are a PNP, then you will have to reside in the province that nominated you you. However, if you are a FSW, then you can live in any province that you wish, irrespective of what you select in your post ITA form. However, you cannot land in Quebec, but once you become a PR you can live in Quebec.

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
legalfalcon said:
If you are a PNP, then you will have to reside in the province that nominated you you. However, if you are a FSW, then you can live in any province that you wish, irrespective of what you select in your post ITA form. However, you cannot land in Quebec, but once you become a PR you can live in Quebec.
Thank you very much.

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
legalfalcon said:
This looks good, but adding some supporting documents will be good. Also, in this affidavit itself you can add that you were married on [DATE] and attach the marriage certificate along with the affidavit.
Great! Just one confirmation Legalfalcon.

1. We have never listed ourselves as common-law before and we have applied for a visa during this period which we are now saying the duration of the common-law covered. (Ex. we both applied for a visa in 2014 but are now stating we have been common-law since 2013).

2. Before we got an ITA we said that we were common-law, now we are married (after ITA) because we realised that this might fall into the category of misrepresentation because of No. 1

3. I am concerned because wouldn't it make more sense to say we had no prior relationships, in our application instead of listing as common-law?

After you select married as your marital status this section comes up

Additionally, I am thinking that it might propose new questions as to why we didn't list as common-law before?

4. Or do we still need to list as common-law because we got an ITA from stating initially that we were common-law. Even though now we are married (for like a week but we have been together for almost 10 yrs, yes we have photos over the years ;D).

Last thing i need to know before submitting. :D