17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
sidy1116 said:
Thanks Legalfalcon, Apart from degree & transcripts I uploaded 1 extra document ,dont know what i was thinking will it be a issue .

https://ibb.co/jeZR5a

DOnt know will it be judged( upper part has 1 missing sign and date )
The IRCC only looks into what your ECA says and not the documents your upload. Even if you upload a document for education, it will be overlooked.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
TorontoPunjabi said:
But I already have an ITA. My question was if I can submit my documents before completing my 2 years. Thanks a lot for your replies.
If you already have an ITA, go for it and submit your documents.

Rob2K

Aug 23, 2016
Hi legalfalcon,

I have messaged you over the PM, could you pls have a look at and reply me.

Thanks

Kevin07

Feb 21, 2017
legalfalcon said:
I understand your concerns and sometimes it is too depressing to see the delay. However, nothing much can be done except wait for them to get back to you. Send an email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and see if you get any response. Keep me posted.
Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for helping out. My account got unlocked after 10 days.

Regards
Kevin

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

This is my first message in the forum and I got my ITA on 1st March. Wanted to check with you a few things

1) Should the Documents that we need to upload be color copies? Is black and white copy fine also?
2) Does these documents needs to be attested by notary. If so, which all documents?
3) Can the photo on PCC and the Photo that we upload be different?
4) One of my PCC is showing my old passport number because when I stayed in that country, I was using my old passport. The department there said they will include the passport number that I used when I was there. Now my passport is different. Will it be a problem.

Expecting some insights on the above

Thanks
Tom

ybhypnotic

Jan 4, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,

I have pmed you. I have few serious problems for documentation. I would be really grateful for you wise words on them. Looking forward.
Thank you.

Nicotugz

Jun 26, 2016
Canada
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-03-2017
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
-
AOR Received.
21-03-2017
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
-
Med's Request
-
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
23-06-2017
legalfalcon said:
I don't under stand your questions well. Could you provide me with a little more details and rephrase it.
I'll just fast-foward to my current situation

We got married but, initially we submitted (before ITA) that we were comman-law.

Now our previous applications we listed as single. However, post-ITA i updated my status to married and got the question 'Have I ever been married or in a comman-law r/ship'.
Since we initially said we were comman law i selected 'Yes' However it asked for the start and end dates of the comman law and the reason. (I placed from Feb 2013 to the date i got married, reason: End of Comman law r/ship)

Now I have no documentation on my file saying that i was in a comman-law application other than the EE profile i made.

Do i need to be concerned about this?

If so what steps can I take to hopefully give a sound case?

Thanks!!!

slash_splash

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2017
Dear legalfalcon, please suggest me , I submitted my eapr on 24 January 2017. I worked as TA/RA during my Graduate Studies in Canada, the duration was covered in my personal history as academic activity (Masters), so I did not make a seperate entry for TA/RA, rather made a single entry for Masters. Should I raise a CSE and state that I was also doing TA/RA at that time? Or this should be fine?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Kevin07 said:
Hi legalfalcon,

Thanks a lot for helping out. My account got unlocked after 10 days.

Regards
Kevin
Thats great. All the best!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
thomman said:
Hi Legalfalcon,

This is my first message in the forum and I got my ITA on 1st March. Wanted to check with you a few things

1) Should the Documents that we need to upload be color copies? Is black and white copy fine also?
You can have either color or b&W, there is no requirement for it to be coloured. However, the PCC is required in COLOURED, and other documents needs to be clear and legible. Coloured copies are usually more legible than B&W.

2) Does these documents needs to be attested by notary. If so, which all documents?
None of the documents need to be notarized. Reference letters, PCC, PoF, medicals, no need to notarize. If you are filing an affidavit in support of your application that needs to be notarized. This is usually in case of change of name, or getting funds a gift etc.

3) Can the photo on PCC and the Photo that we upload be different?
Yes.

4) One of my PCC is showing my old passport number because when I stayed in that country, I was using my old passport. The department there said they will include the passport number that I used when I was there. Now my passport is different. Will it be a problem.
No. The only requirement for the PCC are:

Document requirements

•For the applicant’s current country of residence, the police certificate must have been issued no more than six months before the submission of the e-APR.
•For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after last time the applicant lived in that country.
•Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. This instruction is for the purpose of the completeness check under section R10. However, it is always at an officer’s discretion to request a new or additional police certificate.
•Some countries require that the applicant complete a consent form to initiate a police certificate. For example, an applicant seeking a police certificate from New Zealand must download and complete the Consent to Disclosure of Information (NZ) form available on the IRCC website. The form is then uploaded (with any other police certificates the applicant may provide) as part of the e-APR. If the application is not rejected as incomplete, the processing office will assess the consent form and electronic file and initiate the police certificate.
•Police certificates need to be a scan of the original police certificate(s) in color. Certified true copies and unauthorized copies are unacceptable and will result in the application being rejected as incomplete.

Expecting some insights on the above

Thanks
Tom
Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Nicotugz said:
I'll just fast-foward to my current situation

We got married but, initially we submitted (before ITA) that we were comman-law.

Now our previous applications we listed as single. However, post-ITA i updated my status to married and got the question 'Have I ever been married or in a comman-law r/ship'.
Since we initially said we were comman law i selected 'Yes' However it asked for the start and end dates of the comman law and the reason. (I placed from Feb 2013 to the date i got married, reason: End of Comman law r/ship)

Now I have no documentation on my file saying that i was in a comman-law application other than the EE profile i made.

Do i need to be concerned about this?

If so what steps can I take to hopefully give a sound case?

Thanks!!!
There is nothing to be concerned about. Just file the application as married. In your Letter of explanation explain the issue. Also get an affidavit signed by you and your spouse stating that before your marriage you were in a common law relationship and got married on xxxx date. Also include your marriage certificate.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
slash_splash said:
Dear legalfalcon, please suggest me , I submitted my eapr on 24 January 2017. I worked as TA/RA during my Graduate Studies in Canada, the duration was covered in my personal history as academic activity (Masters), so I did not make a seperate entry for TA/RA, rather made a single entry for Masters. Should I raise a CSE and state that I was also doing TA/RA at that time? Or this should be fine?
TA/RA is an academic position and usually a part of your program. There is no need to send a CSE and raise this as an issue. Most graduate students are TAs/RAs and it is understood.

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
legalfalcon said:
Hope this helps!
Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

I assume the PCC from the different countries can have different photos also. Because I ran out of the passport photos that I used for 2 places and for the 3rd one, I need to use new one. I hope it is fine

Another thing, you said " Police certificates are required up front and are mandatory for each country (except Canada) where an individual has lived for a total of six months or more. ". Is it six months continuous or sum total of 6 months of stay, even if exit after few months and come back at a later time?

Another query is From a previous employer, the reference letter that I got doesn't contain working hours and they are not willing to put it in. Will that be a problem when I submit? If problem, please advice what I can do for nullifying that problem. I have my current employer letter, which have all the details, where I have been working for 7 years now.

Thanks

Tom

slash_splash

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-01-2017
Passport Req..
06-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2017
legalfalcon said:
TA/RA is an academic position and usually a part of your program. There is no need to send a CSE and raise this as an issue. Most graduate students are TAs/RAs and it is understood.
Thanks legalfalcon, you have always been a lifesaver :) :) :)

hk22

Jan 29, 2017
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-22-2017
AOR Received.
03-22-2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a confusion regarding following question in Personal details "Has this person ever used any other name?"
My answer is yes as my last name was different before marriage. What documents do I need to attach as proof for my name before marriage?

Can I use my PAN CARD(which carries my previous name and photo) and 10th certificate(which carries my previous name and father's name) as proof for my name before marriage?