17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Can you please clarify this doubt for me ?

"2. You can travel to any country and return as long as you have a valid Canadian visa or status to return. "
Does this mean that even after providing the last entry details and the 'present inside Canada' declaration in the COPR portal, can I travel to the USA and be back in Canada later? Is there any condition like one should be physically present inside Canada when the eCOPR document is issued ? And, even in case if I travel only during weekends while waiting for the eCOPR, it'd be contradicting the last 'entry date' mentioned in the eCOPR and does it pose any issues ?

Thanks.

YEs. There is no bar on an individual travelling even if you have provided the last entry details. the last entry details have to be valid as on the date you submit them.

nnp2023

Aug 29, 2023
YEs. There is no bar on an individual travelling even if you have provided the last entry details. the last entry details have to be valid as on the date you submit them.
Thanks for the clarification. But, in case if the eCOPR is issued while outside of Canada, it will be revoked, right? Please advice.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hello legalfalcon,
Please guide….
I received my valid job offer in Sep 2021 and based on that I got nominated for Alberta PNP and started my PR process in Nov 2021.Meanwhile in 2022 since PR process was taking long due to COVID backlog my consultant adviced me to file a work permit.So in March 2022 I received valid work permit for 2 yrs.Now my employer says that I should come on PR only.My PR application is still in process…
I am the primary applicant my tracker shows all the parameters complete but my dependent BG is still under process.It is already 21 months since my PR was filed.
My queries are:
As already WP is issued to me ,could this be a reason for my PR delay?Can IRCC hold my PR case for this reason?
Your guidance would be really helpful.Thanks in advance

riubacker

Jan 10, 2023
@legalfalcon I had my PR approved under TR to PR program last year. I reside in Quebec. Can I still stay in Quebec? I have heard federal PR is allowed to live, work and study anywhere in Canada. Thank you!

frostyfan

Star Member
Sep 15, 2023
@legal
Hi @legalfalcon! I'm an FSW inland applicant. PVO Ottawa (could be RROC). All completed on tracker since June 14th. Final decision June 10th. Haven't had an update since. I called them yesterday and they said it's taken longer than usual but still within 5 months mark. Any idea in what stage my application is/ and why is it so slow after "decision made message" on GC Key?
Hi @legalfalcon hoping for a response!

Ali Waheed

Star Member
Sep 13, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I had all completed on tracker for almost 4 months and today my background verification reverted to "In progress".

Should I order GCMS notes or raise webform? I wasn't aware this was even a possibility at this point

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I had all completed on tracker for almost 4 months and today my background verification reverted to "In progress".

Should I order GCMS notes or raise webform? I wasn't aware this was even a possibility at this point
BGC changes twice during the processing. It will first change when your criminality starts and upon completion of criminality will revert to not required. Then when your security starts, it will again be in progress. This indicates that your eligibility has passed and security has started, which is the last step.

You can surely request your GCMS notes, and they will provide you with complete processing details and officer's notes for your processing.

See https://rb.gy/7nukv

Reactions: H06 and Ali Waheed

pinemaple

Star Member
Apr 27, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon, just wondering if you have heard of a case like this.

My common-law partner and I are getting married after submitting our passports and getting the COPR, which we received under common-law status. We plan to send a webform to IIRC to inform them right after the wedding.

The issue lies in getting the marriage certificate for proof. In the Philippines, the official (PSA) marriage certificate will take several months to process. We can get the local civil registry marriage certificate, but at least for spousal sponsorship the IRCC requires the PSA version.

Do you think it will be fine to land in Canada with just the local marriage certificate and a promise to send the PSA one when it's ready?

Thanks for any insights.

tubelip

Sep 5, 2023
Hello @legalfalcon.

I'm currently working in Quebec on an internal transfer/specialized knowledge closed work permit that only allows me to work in Montreal.

I'm planning on applying to Federal Express Entry and leave Quebec once I get the PR.

I'm wondering however, if an updated offer letter (with a new province) from my work + a letter of intention to leave would be enough as prove I won't be staying in Quebec. Do I have good chances?

I also have only about 480 points, and hoping that the new offer letter can be used to get the additional 50 points. My old offer letter was LMIA exempt since it was an internal transfer, would that be the same case for the new offer letter?

Thank you very much!

Mihirakula

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Kitchener
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
10-11-2022
Hello @legalfalcon , I would like your opinion on my GCMS notes. From what I understand, the case analyst did not count CRS points for my Canadian Experience because it was obtained in Quebec. IRCC clearly states that skilled work experience anywhere in Canada would count as Canadian work experience, with the caveat that the applicant has to show intent to settle outside Quebec. I provided "Intent to leave Quebec" documents in the Client Information section of my application, but it was not addressed in the GCMS notes. My application has been stuck in Eligibility Review Required for 7 months, did not even receive any Procedural Fairness Letter. Could the fact of my CRS points for Canadian Work Experience not being counted be a mistake on the case analyst's end?

PVO: Kitchener
SVO: Vancouver

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hello legalfalcon,
Please guide….My AOR is Nov 2021.
I received my valid job offer in Sep 2021 and based on that I got nominated for Alberta PNP and started my EXPRESS Entry process in Nov 2021.Meanwhile in 2022 since PR process was taking long due to COVID backlog my consultant adviced me to file a work permit.So in March 2022 I received valid work permit for 2 yrs.Now my employer says that I should come on PR only.My PR application is still in process…
I am the primary applicant my tracker shows all the parameters complete but my dependent BG is still under process.It is already 23 months since my PR was filed.
My queries are:
As already WP is issued to me ,could this be a reason for my PR delay?Can IRCC hold my PR case for this reason?
Your guidance would be really helpful.Thanks in advance

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hello Legalfalcon my medical is expired on 27 Sep 2023 .Before 5Oct 2023 my GC key medical status was showing that “you have passed your medical”.But from 5 Oct 2023 my GC key medical status is showing nothing but it is blank.What does it imply?

ambitious1234

Mar 15, 2019
@legalfalcon I have only 2-3 months to submit all documents, I dont have required funds to meet POF requirement. Can I take gift of whole POF amount from my brother or father and keep in account for around 2-3 months before submission? Brother is in canada and father is in home country. Is there any preference between brother and father. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

ehlb

Oct 12, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have a question about GCMS notes and I couldn't find the answer anywhere. I applied for Canadian Citizenship and after receiving the AOR, I haven't seen any update in the tracker (the last update date is the AOR date). So, I ordered GCMS notes and I learned that my secondary office is in Vancouver. However, it says "App Status Reason: Inventory-CP". Do you know what does it mean? Since all the items are marked as "Not Started", I believe it means that the applications haven't been applied to any officer yet. Is there any way to verify this?

Thanks for all your support to this community!