+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon

Hi,

I need your help.

I am on PGWP and my employer applied for LMIA for PR support (we did not pay the cad 1000 since I have a valid work permit). The LMIA was approved however there is a note on the lmia letter that says this "This positive LMIA is issued with reference to your stated commitment to support a permanent residence application only (this means the employer will hire the foreign national only after the permanent resident visa is
issued).

Can I still claim 50 points on my ee profile for the arranged employment?

Thank you!
Yes, you can still claim 50 points on your EE profile for the arranged employment, even if the LMIA letter states that the employer will hire you only after your permanent resident visa is issued.

The LMIA letter is not the only evidence that IRCC will consider when assessing your application. IRCC will also consider your work experience, education, language skills, and other factors. If you have a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, this will be considered a positive factor in your application.

In your case, the fact that the LMIA letter states that the employer will hire you only after your permanent resident visa is issued is not a significant concern. This is because the LMIA letter is only stating the employer's commitment to hire you, and it does not mean that they will not hire you.

If you are invited to apply for permanent residence, you will need to provide IRCC with a copy of the LMIA letter. You will also need to provide evidence that the employer is still committed to hiring you. This evidence could include a letter from the employer stating their commitment, or a copy of your employment contract.

If IRCC is satisfied that the employer is still committed to hiring you, you will be awarded 50 points for arranged employment on your EE profile. These points could help you to be invited to apply for permanent residence.

Here are some additional tips for claiming 50 points for arranged employment on your EE profile:
  • Make sure that the LMIA letter is valid and that it is for the job that you are applying for.
  • Provide evidence that the employer is still committed to hiring you.
  • Be sure to include the LMIA letter and any other supporting documentation when you submit your EE profile.
  • Be patient. It may take some time for IRCC to process your application.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: carla_1109

ivicts

Jun 3, 2020
Singapore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-04-2023
LANDED..........
11-04-2024
As per your own post, you were on a temporary status and thus exempt.

However, if you can obtain official proof, you can submit that. If you cannot, then you can provide proof of all attempts made to obtain a document and provide a letter.
Thanks @legalfalcon for the answers!!!

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
Can you let me know if I get a salary increment or promotion do I need to inform IRCC about this with a company letter post AOR while my FSW PR application is in progress?

Thanks!
No, you do not need to inform IRCC about a salary increment or promotion if your FSW PR application is in progress.

However, if you believe that the salary increment or promotion could make you eligible for a higher CRS score, you can submit an update to your Express Entry profile. You will need to provide IRCC with a copy of your updated employment contract or a letter from your employer stating your new salary and position.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
@legalfalcon I am from AOR 2021. My application processing time is over the average processing time. I sent out webforms asking for updates but got a generic reply. I have ordered a GCMS notes last week. I tried calling them via viber app but it didn't go through.

My tracker status is below:
Medicals: Passed
Eligibility: Completed
Background Verification: in progress (last update Apr 19, 2023)

I an unsure of what to do. Can I have advice on what to do? This is my 28th month. Disheartening to be honest.

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon I am from AOR 2021. My application processing time is over the average processing time. I sent out webforms asking for updates but got a generic reply. I have ordered a GCMS notes last week. I tried calling them via viber app but it didn't go through.

My tracker status is below:
Background Verification: in progress (last update Apr 19, 2023)

I an unsure of what to do. Can I have advice on what to do? This is my 28th month. Disheartening to be honest.
I understand how disheartening it can be to have your immigration application take longer than expected. Your Eligibility is completed and that is the most important step in the process. Please patiently wait for the process to complete as there is nothing that you or anyone can do.

H.Ahmed

Apr 15, 2015
@legalfalcon @Raptor33

Just to give you a quick background of my application, I received my AOR Nov 2021. Its been almost 18 months now. Based on what we see on the tracker and what IRCC call agent told us, is only Security checks is in progress below is the quick overview

PNP Nominee - Express Entry
VO: Edmonton
Background Verification: in progress (Since 1st Sep, 2022)- Criminality passed
Two ADR request: Police Certificates in June 2022 (Done & Submitted) & Remedical Request in Sep 2022 (Done & Submitted)

My case is being handled by my consultant, I need your advice on what can be done next ?

1. GCMC Notes: Our consultant submitted a request for GCMS notes backed in Nov 2022, He is telling us their is no-updates as of now. After pushing him last week he raised a new request. I wanted to know can we request a GCMS notes for our application through some third party website (Happy to pay for a nominal fee if needed) or its only our consultant who can raise the request ? If yes, what's the process and recommend website ?

2. I am waiting till Nov 2023, After that can i file a writ of mandamus ? Do you think this will some how expedite the process ?

3. Tracker says "Eligibility" passed, what does this mean ? Does this mean they wont be requesting for any additional documents (experience letter, job description letter, POF) ? or decision on the application has been made ?

4. On average, how much time should the background/security checks should take these days in 2023 ?

Really looking forward to your feedback and guidance.

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
I am the primary applicant.My BG status changed to COMPLETE on 19th June 2023 in my application tracker.But for my spouse and son it is still IN PROGRESS .What is the next step ….first their BG COMPLETE and then PPR.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I am the primary applicant.My BG status changed to COMPLETE on 19th June 2023 in my application tracker.But for my spouse and son it is still IN PROGRESS .What is the next step ….first their BG COMPLETE and then PPR.
Hi, how long was your background check in progress?

DKalkhand

May 9, 2022
Hi, how long was your background check in progress?
Hello,as per my tracker BG started on 16 Sep 2022.Remained IN PROGRESS till 30th April 2023.Status became NA on 1st May 2023 and then IN PROGRESS from 15th May 2023 till 19th June2023(complete)

Last edited:

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon @Raptor33

Just to give you a quick background of my application, I received my AOR Nov 2021. Its been almost 18 months now. Based on what we see on the tracker and what IRCC call agent told us, is only Security checks is in progress below is the quick overview

PNP Nominee - Express Entry
VO: Edmonton
Background Verification: in progress (Since 1st Sep, 2022)- Criminality passed
Two ADR request: Police Certificates in June 2022 (Done & Submitted) & Remedical Request in Sep 2022 (Done & Submitted)

My case is being handled by my consultant, I need your advice on what can be done next ?

1. GCMC Notes: Our consultant submitted a request for GCMS notes backed in Nov 2022, He is telling us their is no-updates as of now. After pushing him last week he raised a new request. I wanted to know can we request a GCMS notes for our application through some third party website (Happy to pay for a nominal fee if needed) or its only our consultant who can raise the request ? If yes, what's the process and recommend website ?

2. I am waiting till Nov 2023, After that can i file a writ of mandamus ? Do you think this will some how expedite the process ?

3. Tracker says "Eligibility" passed, what does this mean ? Does this mean they wont be requesting for any additional documents (experience letter, job description letter, POF) ? or decision on the application has been made ?

4. On average, how much time should the background/security checks should take these days in 2023 ?

Really looking forward to your feedback and guidance.
Sure, I can help you with that. Here are my answers to your questions:
  1. GCMS Notes: Work with your consultant to obtain the file. If that does not work out then you may conduct a Google search for third party websites
  2. A writ of mandamus is a court order that compels a government agency to perform a duty that it is legally required to do. In the context of immigration, a writ of mandamus could be used to compel IRCC to make a decision on your application.
However, it is important to note that writs of mandamus are only granted in exceptional circumstances. In order to be successful, you would need to demonstrate that IRCC has been unreasonably delayed in making a decision on your application.
  1. The "Eligibility" status on your tracker means that IRCC has reviewed your application and has determined that you meet the eligibility requirements for the program you are applying for. This does not mean that your application has been approved.
It is possible that IRCC may still request additional documents from you. For example, they may ask you to provide proof of your work experience or financial support.
  1. The actual processing for background/security checks time can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the country you are from and the nature of your background.
If your background check has been in progress for more than 6 months, you may want to contact your consultant to see if they have any updates.

I hope this helps!

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
@legalfalcon I finally got CoPR but in that there is "city of destination" in which they have mentioned "Edmonton". My program is AAIP EE. My question is do we have to land at the airport of that mentioned city in CoPR or we can land anywhere in Alberta? And one of my friends who applied in EE FSW program, can he land anywhere in Canada?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
@legalfalcon I finally got CoPR but in that there is "city of destination" in which they have mentioned "Edmonton". My program is AAIP EE. My question is do we have to land at the airport of that mentioned city in CoPR or we can land anywhere in Alberta? And one of my friends who applied in EE FSW program, can he land anywhere in Canada?
Congratulations on getting your CoPR! You are now one step closer to becoming a permanent resident of Canada.

The city of destination on your CoPR is just a suggestion. You are not required to land in that particular city. You can land at any port of entry (POE) in Canada.

Your friend who applied in the EE FSW program can land anywhere in Canada. They are not restricted to the city they mentioned on their CoPR.

Once you have landed in Canada, you will be a permanent resident of Canada. You will have the right to live, work, and study in Canada. You will also be able to apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: The Wall

The Wall

Star Member
Oct 15, 2017
Congratulations on getting your CoPR! You are now one step closer to becoming a permanent resident of Canada.

The city of destination on your CoPR is just a suggestion. You are not required to land in that particular city. You can land at any port of entry (POE) in Canada.

Your friend who applied in the EE FSW program can land anywhere in Canada. They are not restricted to the city they mentioned on their CoPR.

Once you have landed in Canada, you will be a permanent resident of Canada. You will have the right to live, work, and study in Canada. You will also be able to apply for Canadian citizenship after 3 years.

I hope this helps!
Thanks for the wishes and quick reply.

One more question form my friend side. He is actually basically from India. Then went to USA as L1 visa and while his file was under process. Now, he got the visa. Currently he is in USA and does not want to resign immediately. "So he wants to do soft landing. I mean he comes to Canada, stay there for 1 week and then come back to USA. His friend can courier his PR card to USA. When he was searching about PR card, he found that it is illegal to send PR card via courier or any other means. So he gets confused. Is soft landing possible? Can border office ask him that how you get your PR card if you were outside Canada? "