+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

Would appreciate your advise! In portal, the status says in review after submitting photo and address. Do I need to navigate to apply for pr card or it will be sent automatically after the photo and address is reviewed? Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Would appreciate your advise! In portal, the status says in review after submitting photo and address. Do I need to navigate to apply for pr card or it will be sent automatically after the photo and address is reviewed? Thanks in advance!
If it's your first PR, card it will be issued to you automatically at the address on file with IRCC.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i just want to know whether to add our child IRCC will re-open the file if a COPR does get issued in the interim period before birth. We want to avoid the sponsorship route if possible; it would be best to land as a family and get the PR status activated.
If your file has been approved, i.e. a either a PPR or COPR has been issued, until you land in Canada, if your family composition changes, and you have to add a family member, the PPR/COPR will be cancelled and the new family member will be subject to admissibility and after clearing new PPR/COPR will be issued.

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
If your file has been approved, i.e. a either a PPR or COPR has been issued, until you land in Canada, if your family composition changes, and you have to add a family member, the PPR/COPR will be cancelled and the new family member will be subject to admissibility and after clearing new PPR/COPR will be issued.
@legalfalcon thank you for your reply and for being active on this forum. all the best to you and your team.

Reactions: legalfalcon

Hellindium

Sep 24, 2020
Is there a thread for steps to follow after one gets the PPR?
I searched 'Post PPR' and 'steps after PPR' and am not getting satisfactory results

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Is there a thread for steps to follow after one gets the PPR?
I searched 'Post PPR' and 'steps after PPR' and am not getting satisfactory results
Steps after PPR will depend on your country of residence.

It will drastically differ, but if you search the forum for something specific, you will find an answer.

Reactions: Hellindium

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
@legalfalcon Hello , i need your suggestion here , if my wife gets the lmia job offer , will i (her husband) gets the open work permit on the basis of her job offer as dependent ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hello , i need your suggestion here , if my wife gets the lmia job offer , will i (her husband) gets the open work permit on the basis of her job offer as dependent ?

If you meet the eligibility requirement for a OWP.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you’re

• the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker in an occupation under the National Occupational Classification (NOC)skill type 0 or skill levels A or B
    • The skilled worker must be authorized to work for at least 6 months after you apply for your work permit.
  • the spouse or common-law partner of someone accepted for the Atlantic Immigration Program in a job under NOC skill type 0 or skill levels A, B or C
  • the spouse or common-law partner of a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ) holder who is eligible for the International Mobility Program Plus
  • a family member of a foreign representative
  • a family member of a foreign military member who is working in Canada

maman2kiko

Jun 15, 2022
@legalfalcon

I withdrew small amounts of money from my account, but just 25% of the total amount, I reinjected the amount and upload the document
on 04/05/2022 I received a letter asking me for ADRs (PCC, POF and 5669 declaration,

AOR 10 Jan 2021
VMF 25/05/2021
ADRs = N/A
BG = We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information

can they refuse my application?

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon
My wife and I got PPR yesterday. But we have been blessed with a newborn and have already raised a CSE before PPR. Looks like IRCC did not receive it yet. So Should I raise another webform now? What’s the best course of action

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
My wife and I got PPR yesterday. But we have been blessed with a newborn and have already raised a CSE before PPR. Looks like IRCC did not receive it yet. So Should I raise another webform now? What’s the best course of action
You can, or you can just submit your new bornès documents and have the child added to your application. The PPR will be revoked, and your application will be reopened, after your child is added, a new PPR for all family members will be sent.

Reactions: tonisg18

sheeba_shah

Apr 14, 2022
Hi @legalfalcon,
I have applied for a Spouse open work permit (SOWP). After that, I also applied for a Visitor Visa. I noticed a mistake in the SOWP application. I mentioned an internship in visitor visa that I forgot to mention in the SOWP application. Should I raise a webform to update the SOWP application? Or withdraw the visitor visa application?
Your help is appreciated

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
Hope you are doing well.
Thank you for all your efforts in answering the queries

i have a query.
I received remed request for my spouse (dependent) only
I haven’t received mine yet (primary applicant)

is this normal?

Ecstasy21

Dec 29, 2020
There is nothing you can do to expedite the processing. Delays in the processing are becoming common with IRCC. All you can do is keep a track of your application to ensure that everything is in order and take any proactive steps as and when required by requesting GCMS notes on frequent occasions.

As regards RR, here is my old post on the issue:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect of “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, the employee cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF is anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day-to-day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have a “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.
6. Prior visa rejections.

These are just some of the scenarios.
Hi @legalfalcon , thank you for your response, I highly appreciate your time.
I just received my GCMS notes and that indicates insufficient funds along with that i also see a comment - Ready to finalize
I am the primary applicant and my wife is secondary.
I had shown my wife's bank statements and bank letter outlining the current balance, however, my employee provident fund was not taken into account, thus it seemed to be insufficient funds and eligibility was marked RR on may 6th 2022.

Now I am sending them the latest bank statement of my wife (same as shared earlier with the PR application although this time the amount from this source itself meets the IRCC fund requirement for two people as the overall amount grew since last year.)
along with this, I am attaching my PF statement as well which they did not consider earlier.(trying to keep the documents consistent with the docs shared with PR application)
also additionally, just to be on the safer side and to ensure the total amount meets the IRCC requirement, I am showing a few funds from my bank (a new source that was not shared earlier with PR application) Sharing this because I am assuming they would not consider PF even this time.
I am attaching an LOE explaining that the EPF is a legit source of savings/funds for Indian Employees and would be outlining the specifications of other funds too.

Do you think this would suffice or do I add anything else?
Do the docs shared via a webform get attached to the file immediately?
what is the timeline that I should expect after this?

Please let us know, thank you, and once again appreciate your time in answering our queries.