Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Good day @legalfalcon

Please I need your guide.

I submitted my PR application under Federal self employed early March 2020~ paper based. (I got my permanent AOR and linked my application the same week before the temporary pause in issuing AOR) with no single word from IRCC till date.

My application processing timeline will be 100% complete in few weeks (by August 2022). I guess they used 29 months processing timeline for those that submitted earlier even though present average processing timeline for federal self employed application is 41 months on IRCC website, but they only used 29 months processing time for earlier applicants (our timeline is reflecting 29 months timeline).

My question is this: Can I fill for mandamus once my application timeline is complete in the next 8 weeks or will IRCC claim they are using the generic 41 months for both earlier and late submission.

Please I need a guide before I pay for mandamus by August.
Mandamus is now a blanket remedy. You will have to discuss it with your lawyer, who should be able to evaluate your individual case and make a recommendation.

See https://bit.ly/3NxbRCv

Reactions: Beelin

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

Just received a reply from MP office regarding SOWP application.
Eligibility - in progress
Medical - passed
Criminality - passed
Application was submitted in August 2021.

1) How many days in general is required in eligibility stage? Pls share your insights.

Ordered GCMS notes last month, still waiting for the same.

Thanks.
Eligibility is the most time-consuming stage. It can take a few months for it to be concluded after it has started.

Your GCMS notes will be able to show where your application exactly is and what has happened in eligibility.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
A month and a half ago I submitted requested documents, including schedule A. I have just been asked for another schedule A but it doesn't say why. Would this be because there was an error on the last one? Or would they have specified that? Maybe it's because I changed my address? Can you please advise @legalfalcon ? I am very worried as I don't want to mess up my application this late (AOR OCT 2020)
Sch A when requested does not specific why it is being requested.

There could be a couple of reasons:

1. To verify that your details submitted in the past are accurate.
2. To get the most updated details; or
3. to seek additional info which may be missing, there may be a discrepancy that you initially submitted or submitted later

If you have been asked, just go ahead and submit it again. Make sure you provide complete details.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks @legalfalcon. So would you advise just to keep waiting? Is >1 month normal for PPR to COPR?

I ordered GCMS notes anyways in the hopes of knowing whether they have mailed out the COPR or not.
Yes, it can take 1-3 months for COPR to be generated.

Buho09

Star Member
Mar 8, 2021
Dear @legalfalcon ,
I have a question regarding landing. I am an outland fsw waiting for my ppr, I chose toronto as a destination. Once I get my Copr, can I land in Montreal, complete the landing formalities and stay there for 3-4 weeks then move to toronto ? will I have any issues with the immigration officer?

Oct 13, 2020
Eligibility is the most time-consuming stage. It can take a few months for it to be concluded after it has started.

Your GCMS notes will be able to show where your application exactly is and what has happened in eligibility.
Received GCMS notes.
Under Assessment it is written: Eligibility- Review Required.
Under Application Assignment it is written: Due Date- 10th June 2022

What does it mean?
Please guide @legalfalcon

thega

Mar 12, 2021
@legalfalcon My Info Sharing has been in "READY TO BE ASSESSED" status for a while now. My Criminality passed, but Security is not started. Does this Info Sharing entry have to do with Security?

Dec 23, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
AOR Received.
01-06-2020
Hello @legalfalcon,

My wife and I received COPR 1st of June 2022. We are expecting a newborn in November 2022. Both COPR's expire in Feb 2023, we are planning on giving birth in home country and then adding child to application as dependant. I am aware that I have to inform IRCC as soon as child is born. Can you elaborate on process of adding child to application after COPR? Is this addition possible or will principal applicant have to enter Canada before COPR expiry and later on sponsor newborn? Many thanks

rid.patel

Dec 30, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon,

I need your urgent help

my husband added me into his CEC PR application on January 2020, we submitted all required documents at that time.

we were waiting while file was in the process, we also applied for SOWP (spouse open work permit) on side. during my SOWP application we got Biomatrix request and I submitted my biomatrix on October 5,2021, which automatically updated in PR application too.

Today, we got the BIL in our PR application again. its weird because our status in PR profile says biomatrix completed and I can see biomatrix number and expiry date and all.

What this new letter means? do we need to submit biomatrix again?

Thank you,

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon Hi.. I need your advice. I am travelling to Canada in July and i am showing my Proof of Funds certificate from my Home country’s bank account as i will get them transferred once i land in Canada and open a Canadian bank account. Just wanted to know how much old certificate is acceptable, if asked by the immigration officer upon landing.

siju6789

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Hi Legal Falcon,

I need some help regarding a Procedural Fairness Letter that we received today. Below are the contents:

"We continue to process your application for permanent residence and in light of the change to your marital status, we require clarification and updated information/documents.

Specifically, to determine whether a skilled worker will be able to become economically established in Canada as a member of the Federal Skilled Worker Class, they must meet the settlement funds requirement “in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations” pursuant to sub-paragraph 76(1)(b)(i) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.

Please provide the following updated documents:
 Official letters issued in the last month from any banks or financial institutions, which must:
 be printed on the financial institution’s letterhead
 include their contact information (address, telephone number and email address)
 include your name and the current date
 list outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans
 include, for each current bank and investment account, o the account numbers, and the date each account was opened o current balance of each account, and the average balance for the past 6 months

Additionally, you and your spouse indicated that you lived together before marriage. In the immigration context, a common-law partnership means that a couple have lived together for at least one year in a conjugal relationship as per R1(1) of the Regulations. In the Relationship Assessment Questionnaires completed by you and your spouse, you stated that you began living together at his residence in 2019, and your spouse stated that “She moved into my apartment in early 2019 and we have been living together since then.” However the most recent IMM 5669 (Schedule A) form completed and signed by you on December 3, 2021 shows the most recent address change beginning September 2019.

Please provide the following:
 An explanation in writing as to your residency time periods and cohabitation period prior to marriage

Please note that the requested information/documents must be received within 7 days from the date of this letter. Please upload these documents to your MyCIC account."

FYI we both have individual Express Entry FSW outland applications in the final stages and our profiles were linked in Jan 2022 and we could see each other as dependents on our accounts. At the time of applying (Jan 2020), we were not married and once we got married (Jan 2021) we had informed them.

Last week we had mailed them, asking them to finalize our applications and yesterday we got this PFL.

1. When we applied, we had shown proof of funds for 1 person. Now that they are asking for it again, we need to provide proof to support 2 people correct? For this we can also pool spouse's funds right?

2. They seem to think that we were in common law/ conjugal relationship before marriage. We weren't in one. We were living together since Sept 2019 to July 2020. But I mentioned by mistake in the questionnaire as "early 2019". Can we explain to them that this was an unintentional mistake and show them proof of travel tickets and grocery purchases to show that we were not living together before Sept 2019? We had looked this up at the time of applying and since we never stayed continuously for a year together, we didn't see ourselves as in a common law relationship.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Reactions: RSub

ashersasher

Oct 5, 2021
Bangladesh
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
19-02-2021
@legalfalcon I would really appreciate your response to a few confusions I have about Schedule A (IMM 5669):

1. Under Personal History, I have covered the last 10 years without any gap, but I took a few short trips to neighbouring countries during festival vacations. Although that time period is already covered because of my employment, should I still mention the trip details under Personal History?

2. Under Addresses, should I mention all the places where I stayed temporarily or just my permanent address? I was abroad for a year (not at a stretch though, I visited my country during the semester break) to do my Master's, so should I mention the addresses where I stayed? Also, the addresses of my short trips are not needed here, are they?

3. If I have to include all the address details I asked you about above, my information in Schedule A will be a bit different from the information I provided while applying for permanent residence online (I only gave my permanent residence address there). Will that cause any problems?

Thank you in advance for your help!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Received GCMS notes.
Under Assessment it is written: Eligibility- Review Required.
Under Application Assignment it is written: Due Date- 10th June 2022

What does it mean?
Please guide @legalfalcon

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect of “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, the employee cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF is anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day-to-day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have a “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.
6. Prior visa rejections.

These are just some of the scenarios.