17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,

My AOR is June 2021, All categories passed but one, Eligibility - Review Required
the reason for this status is unknown as I haven't received any ADR yet.
I have applied for GCMS/ATIP notes however it will take time to receive the notes.

• could you please help with what are the next steps?
  • What are the things that I can do proactively to help expedite the processing ? (many comment that the Review Required eligibility status for them remained the same for months )
  • my Medicals expire in Sep 2022, do you think getting the remed and PCC beforehand would help in clearing the Eligibility status?
  • Is there any other way besides GCMS notes to know the additional documents required?

Really appreciate your time in answering the queries.

Thank you and look forward to your response.
There is nothing you can do to expedite the processing. Delays in the processing are becoming common with IRCC. All you can do is keep a track of your application to ensure that everything is in order and take any proactive steps as and when required by requesting GCMS notes on frequent occasions.

As regards RR, here is my old post on the issue:

Understanding “Review Required”

A lot of applicants see “review required” in their GCMS notes for eligibility. There are many theories floating around with regard to what “review required” means and if it is alarming.

Before I venture into explaining the significance, it is important to understand that each application goes through the following stages as per the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the regulations (Canadian Immigration Law):

R10 – Completeness Check
Criminality
Medicals
A11.2 – eligibility
Security

Out of the above, the most important stage is eligibility. This is also the most time-consuming stage because your documents have to be verified, evaluated and assessed to ascertain that you meet the eligibility criteria for the program you have applied to (FSW / CEC / FTW). To streamline this process and make it easier for an immigration officer (decision-making authority), all applications are first evaluated by case analysts or program assistants. They review the documents and summarize them in the GCMS. If they have any concerns with any document or want the immigration officer to carefully look into a specific document, they will flag it as “review required.” It is the content of the note that is important here. If the review required is for a specific document, while the summary of the note says that an applicant has met the eligibility, or is “ready to finalize” it simply means that while the applicant has met the eligibility criteria, the specific document needs a careful examination form the officer before promoting (eligibility pass) by the officer.

However, if there are concerns, there will be a review required for the eligibility, and there will be no text to the effect of “ready to finalize” or pass. The note will specifically state job duties do not match, the employee cannot be verified, or the number of years of work experience claimed cannot be verified. This is where an application can land in muddy waters. But the final decision rests on the immigration officer. He may override the decision of the analyst/assistant or go with the analysis of the analyst/assistant.

Even in cases where the analyst/assistant is of the opinion that the applicant has met the eligibility, and there is no “review required,” the officer can replace it with his own opinion. Though rare, it does happen. This is why the eligibility is only passed when an officer conclusively marks the eligibility as passed.

Finally, there is a “review required” for PoF. This is the most common in many applications. This is because the financial and banking practices of each country are different. Eg. Fixed deposits are known as Certificate of Deposit (CD) in the US. Similarly, treasury bonds, mutual funds, stocks, and many other investment vehicles are there. If your PoF is anything other than a bank deposit, it is more likely that it will be marked as “review required.” Also, IRCC does not go by day-to-day fluctuations in FOREX. Instead, the Canadian federal government issued a quarterly conversion rate for all FOREX vis-a-via CAD. If your PoF is in a foreign currency, then you may have a “review required” for the officer to make a determination.

Just because you have “review required” does not mean that you hit the panic mode. Instead, read the context in which it is there. If there is a concern regarding a document, you can send a replacement document via CSE. The most common reasons for RR are:

1. Work reference letter without job duties
2. Work reference letters missing all the details requested by IRCC
3. If you submitted a letter from a colleague because you were unable to get one from your employer, but did not have a LoE on file, this too will lead to RR.
4. Not sufficient work experience in the primary NOC.
5. Inability to verify your employment as your employer details are missing.
6. Prior visa rejections.

These are just some of the scenarios.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Greetings, dear @legalfalcon !
I hope you are doing well!
I have a small inquiry related to proof of funds during landing by air.
I am afraid to carry my finances in cash, and unfortunately, money transfer to Canadian banks makes me lose a lot in the exchange rate, on top of that my bank does not provide Traveler`s cheque or Banker`s drafts.
I was just wondering if I could keep my money in a savings account at a non-Canadian bank in Dubai (Emirates NBD) and show the latest bank statements, in case the immigration officer asks me to present proof of funds during landing?

I would love to hear your insightful reply to my inquiry.
Thanks a lot as always!
Absolutely, you can show your funds in a non-Canadian bank and show the most recent bank statement or even the one you submitted along with your application as PoF when you land.

There is no requirement to have the funds in a Canadian bank or to carry them with you.

shorturl.at/pCLT7

Reactions: Bazhenov

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon would be really great if you can revert on the above query.

RR is not always for a specific issue. It can even indicate the officer who has carriage of the file to simply review the eligibility and summary before making a final determination.

Kina1365

May 24, 2022
If you received a COPR, which is signed, i.e. you have a PR status, you can apply for a PRTD from the country you are currently residing in.
Thank you very much for your reply @legalfalcon
I have another question: my parents decided they no longer need the protection so they currently reside in the home country (from which they sought protection). They came back in 2021.

Would that affect my PR as I am a dependent refugee?
How likely is it for me to get a PRTD?

P.S: I really did not want to leave Canada but few problems (including family) made me leave Canada.

Last edited:

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Dear @legalfalcon

Please could you help with my query?

We submitted our PCCs from India with our PR application in Aug 2021 (post-ITA). However, we went on a very quick 3 days trip to get our marriage certificate, which had to be done in person. Will we now need to submit new PCCs due to this? We have not been asked as yet, but I wondered if this is likely to come up, then we can use the time now to get it out of the way.

We have lived out of India for about 15 years now and through the years have only been back on vacation (max 1 1/2 months). Our last long visit was in 2018 and then this 3-day visit earlier this year. Thank you for your time.

Bazhenov

Sep 25, 2020
Absolutely, you can show your funds in a non-Canadian bank and show the most recent bank statement or even the one you submitted along with your application as PoF when you land.

There is no requirement to have the funds in a Canadian bank or to carry them with you.

shorturl.at/pCLT7
Thank you very much!

IF321

Sep 21, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon

I got my PPR request for trv, applied inside Canada, anyone know if we can submit the passport outside Canada?

I will be traveling back home and not enough time to submit the passport inside Canada, I checked the PPR letter, it has a link to the IRCC website showing where to apply. When I go to link, it says about question 7(country of residence) and 9 (country where applying from) on the trv application and based on the answers for those questions, we need to choose where to apply. Based on the answers It is in Canada that I need to send the passport. In this case, anyone one know if we still can submit PP outside Canada?

please advise, thank you

@legalfalcon

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
I would really appreciate your time and response, @legalfalcon for my situation below—- Thank you again

Hello @legalfalcon, I would appreciate your suggestion regarding my case. I along with my wife were approved under the FSW program of EE and received COPR letter & stamp on passport in Jan 2022. In Feb 2022 we had the birth of our newborn. I had raised a CSE informing IRCC about birth of child in the same week. In March 2022, I had to land/go to Canada as I had already secured employment (healthcare field). So I, the principal applicant landed using my COPR in March 2022. As we are currently residing in the US, I traveled back to be with my family. Now my question is— I haven’t heard back from IRCC regarding adding the newborn child. I just got the baby’s passport (US) etc in the last week. Do you think I can still add the baby to my FSW EE application? Should I raise another CSE with all supporting documents for the baby? If not, what are my options? How to proceed? I want to move to Canada full time with my wife & baby asap. I haven’t been able to find any info on my situation. Your help is really appreciated. Thank you for your time & insight.

CanBro

Nov 30, 2020
@legalfalcon my sister(student visa in canada) is inviting my father to visit her. My brother recently got COPR (india) and is yet to travel to canada. Is it required to show my brother’s approved PR status in my father’s visitor visa application?

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon Hope you're doing great. I am a Canadian PR and landed Canada in 2019. The CBSA stamped my passport on my arrival first time in Toronto. I travelled recently out of country and returned today. I took a receipt at the kiosk in Toronto Airport, using my PR card and filled the declaration. The border officials just took my receipt and they didn't stamp my passport for arrival or entry date, like they did for the first time. Is it right? Is arrival entry record all captured electronically and no stamping is done on the passport anymore? Or is it not done for Canadian PR or Citizens? Could you please advise, just wanted to make sure the dates are recorded, as i would be eligible to apply for Citizenship in the future. Thank you so much!!

Last edited:

Jiggy128

Oct 2, 2019
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
@legalfalcon hi

I got GSMC notes on 25 April 2022
My assessment is like

Eligibility : Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality:passed
Org Crime:
Medical: In Process
Info Sharing :Completed
Other Req:
Final:
Well as my medical expired in Aug 2021 I gone for Upfront Remedical on 4th March 2022 but on 7th April they asked me to do my remedical as I can't do my medical twice in a year, I raised web form but my status is still no updated asking your action is required.
But in my gsmc notes it says IME received in EMed, what does it mean?
What can i do? Can i do my medical once again or nop? Or should I wait IRCC to update it?
Please help.

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
@legalfalcon hi

I got GSMC notes on 25 April 2022
My assessment is like

Eligibility : Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality:passed
Org Crime:
Medical: In Process
Info Sharing :Completed
Other Req:
Final:
Well as my medical expired in Aug 2021 I gone for Upfront Remedical on 4th March 2022 but on 7th April they asked me to do my remedical as I can't do my medical twice in a year, I raised web form but my status is still no updated asking your action is required.
But in my gsmc notes it says IME received in EMed, what does it mean?
What can i do? Can i do my medical once again or nop? Or should I wait IRCC to update it?
Please help.
On the Same boat ,

dpinsent

Oct 24, 2016
Qatar
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
10 Mar 2021
Nomination.....
12 Jul 2021
AOR Received.
29 Aug 2021
Dear @legalfalcon

Please could you help with my query?

We submitted our PCCs from India with our PR application in Aug 2021 (post-ITA). However, we went on a very quick 3 days trip to get our marriage certificate, which had to be done in person. Will we now need to submit new PCCs due to this? We have not been asked as yet, but I wondered if this is likely to come up, then we can use the time now to get it out of the way.

We have lived out of India for about 15 years now and through the years have only been back on vacation (max 1 1/2 months). Our last long visit was in 2018 and then this 3-day visit earlier this year. Thank you for your time.
@legalfalcon - I'm not sure if you've seen my request as yet :)