Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. I have a serious question regarding moving out of the province that chose me as an immigrant for the purpose of education. I haven't found cases online that are similar to mine after days of research.

My story is as follows:

So my questions are:

1. When I make my citizenship application in 2 years' time, can education be a valid justification for me to be absent from Quebec for a limited period of time? Especially given that a). schools outside of QC are better in many ways in my field, and in case b). I don't get admitted by the QC university I applied to?

2. Assuming I don't care about renewing my PR card 5 years from now (since I won't be traveling at all out of Canada): if I just did my Ph.D. there and moved back to QC after that, would I get into trouble applying for citizenship directly only at that point?

Thank you so much for your attention.
See https://bit.ly/3i56yM9

Reactions: jckailun

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon. Thank you for the prompt response. Yes, I have read your blog during my research, but does it conclude that it is okay for me or anyone in my situation to study outside of the province without causing problems to my citizenship application in the future? Please kindly clarify it for me.
Absolutely. Education is one of the criteria on which you can leave the nominating province.

Reactions: jckailun

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Absolutely. Education is one of the criteria on which you can leave the nominating province.
Thank you such much. This is such a relief to the anxiety I’ve had! May I have one last question for you?

The thing is I applied to these universities before I received my PR status. And then the offer came after I became PR.

At the moment I applied, I had no idea when I would be come PR since it’s hard to predict given all the backlogs they were dealing with, and that PHD admission happens once a year - all institutions had a similar deadline over the same period (say 15 Jan, 1 Feb etc). I was just trying, and in case I didn’t have my PR by the time the offer comes, I would defer admission by a year so that I’d have sufficient time to have my status changed.

I know that PR applicants in my immigration program cannot study while PR application is in progress. But can we just apply for studies without having actually studied during the process?

thank you for your attention again.

Amiz

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
@legalfalcon Sir, I ordered my GCMS notes and there is no update on my file since 2020 when i submitted my application. Medicals are expired and complete silence from ircc. I thought of going for Upfront medical but few say it is good to go as ircc will pick your application faster whereas few say it is not advisable as ircc wont consider it. I am completely confused and frustated at the same time as i am fed up of waiting.
Please suggest should i go for upfront medicals or not?
@legalfalcon Sir.. Please reply

JNAIR1529

Star Member
Jul 8, 2020
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Hi @legalfalcon
I received PPR email on 7th Feb 2022, and I submitted my passport for visa stamping and COPR through VFS India's two-way passport service. My passport reached IRCC New Delhi Office on 16-Feb-2022 and it’s been 27 days since I submitted my passport and haven’t received it back from IRCC.
My husband who was dependent in my application already got his passport with Visa stamped and COPR letter back on 24-Feb-2022. Our passport submission was done just 2 days apart and still I have not received my passport back.

I have emailed on the IRCC India Delhi Immigration email address as well and there is no response back on the status of my passport submission.
Is this normal, should I be worried on the delay of my passport processing, when my dependent's was already stamped and sent back over 10 days back?

Any suggestion on how I can get more information on my application?

Reactions: Jules27

Stuart321

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon , I’m EEPNP stream and AOR date is Dec 2020. My medical has expired 3 months ago. I have a question.
Last week I received additional information request, which is to only provide a newly signed 5406 form of my dependent. However it has come to my attention that recently every ADR comes with a remedical request if medical has expired and the applicant’s COR is not Canada or the USA, so that IRCC could accelerate processing backlogs. I don't live in North America, since I totally need to do the remedical, can you give me some suggestions about what happened with my case here? Is it normal that under today's circumstance they didn't ask for remedical or new PCC even if they are expired? Should I worry about this?
FYI, this is the first time I received ADR and per my GCMS notes last July, my eligibility and criminality has passed, info sharing in progress, and security not started. I ordered another GCMS notes and CSBA as well but got nothing back.
Thank you in advance for your help.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I received PPR email on 7th Feb 2022, and I submitted my passport for visa stamping and COPR through VFS India's two-way passport service. My passport reached IRCC New Delhi Office on 16-Feb-2022 and it’s been 27 days since I submitted my passport and haven’t received it back from IRCC.
My husband who was dependent in my application already got his passport with Visa stamped and COPR letter back on 24-Feb-2022. Our passport submission was done just 2 days apart and still I have not received my passport back.

I have emailed on the IRCC India Delhi Immigration email address as well and there is no response back on the status of my passport submission.
Is this normal, should I be worried on the delay of my passport processing, when my dependent's was already stamped and sent back over 10 days back?

Any suggestion on how I can get more information on my application?
May i know your AOR?

Shagun1997

Feb 15, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
My PR application was in process. I got refusal on my PR application. They also issued me voluntary departure letter with it.

I applied work permit through my consultant.
He said he paid work permit fees and send me payment receipt.
I was not ignorant at all. He keep telling me lie.

I got procedural letter and he replied with work permit documents.

after submitting those documents
I got refusal on my express entry file stating that my work permit was refused because it was not applied within 90 days.
but the payment I did was deducted before even my work permit was expired.
( acc. To me I applied my work permit on time)

I got to know that I was out of status from my refusal letter. ( express entry)

I have proof that he lied me and never told me about late submission of work permit and also he never told me refusal on my work permit which he applied late.

Imy pr profile was good and I scored 478.

So my question is can I go for reconsideration or not.?

please help @legalfalcon

Reactions: Ssvd8691

Shubham6120

Jul 30, 2020
Gujarat
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01/01/2020
Doc's Request.
18/02/2021
AOR Received.
01/02/2021
IELTS Request
18/07/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2021
Med's Done....
18/02/2021
Passport Req..
02/05/2022
VISA ISSUED...
13/05/2022
Hi @legalfalcon Hope you are in good health.
Just got Remeds, PCC and Updated schedule A request. I am 1st feb 2021 AOR.
Does this mean my eligibility is passed??
When can i expect PPR?

AbsoluteZero

Mar 7, 2022
@legalfalcon

I really really need your help. Please reply.

Ive Jan 2020 aor
I was requested to submit schedule A form last week. I made a mistake in the form. In the personal history, instead of writing job titles, I wrote “employment” under activity column and submitted the form on the portal that very day. Later that day, as i re read the form and realized my mistake, I sent the corrected schedule A the same day via webform. But!! After that!! I realized that I missed an address in my address history form both during the submission of my pr app as well later in the corrected schedule A form i sent via webform. That was an international address when I was studying in a university abroad. I have resubmitted the schedule A correcting all the mistakes via another webform..
I know.. completely avoidable mistakes. I am very worried now. How will that affect my application??

sheikhzaid

Aug 14, 2011
Visa Office......
Chennai
AOR Received.
12-07-2019
Hi @legalfalcon,

Thanks for providing all the information and help around here.

I have a question if you don't mind answering. I applied for a TRV in November and it was refused on the grounds of intent that I will not return.

Anyways the issue is I made a mistake with my siblings year of birth on the family information and now I am in the process of applying for PR and noticed this mistake. I am worried about misrepresentation now although only the year I entered was wrong, date and month is correct but I mistyped the error and I did not notice it at all. I am worried as to what should I do now regarding this. I am worried regarding misrepresentation ban.

Hokage

Feb 27, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hi LF

Would not being vaccinated and declaring that you aren't during your medical exam affect the medical result and approval of PR?

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
@legalfalcon
I would appreciate your advice and knowledge on my query:
I am on a work permit ( PA), and have a visa and my spouse applied for inland spousal sponsorship for me, and I see ELIGIBILITY is completed* for both of us, recently received PRE ARRIVAL LETTER , but the status is still In progress (as of today) no decision made
yet.

I am in my home country for a family emergency, and worried. If I am outside Canada and PPR request arrives, can I submit my passport for stamping from overseas when my application is inland spousal sponsorship?