+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

singhsujk

Aug 21, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

I am looking for your guidance and advise on my application. I submitted my CEC application (myself - inland, spouse - outland India). Currently, I can see all stages are completed as per GCMS notes. But I received a letter from IRCC saying that because of change my in my marital status, I have to provide additional docs like photos, spousal assessment questionnaire along with few IMM forms.

I had already provided my docs like marriage cert, photos etc when i received the ITA. There was no change in my marital status after application submission.

So, could it be that IRCC sent me forms by mistake ? I have submitted a webform inquiry asking clarity on why they need the additional documents. And as per Call Centre agent, I should wait for webform response before taking any further action. But GCMS notes say timeline to submit docs is 7days which is already passed.

My question to you - Should I wait for webform response ? Can there be any impact if I delay the upload of additional docs ?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

I am looking for your guidance and advise on my application. I submitted my CEC application (myself - inland, spouse - outland India). Currently, I can see all stages are completed as per GCMS notes. But I received a letter from IRCC saying that because of change my in my marital status, I have to provide additional docs like photos, spousal assessment questionnaire along with few IMM forms.

I had already provided my docs like marriage cert, photos etc when i received the ITA. There was no change in my marital status after application submission.

So, could it be that IRCC sent me forms by mistake ? I have submitted a webform inquiry asking clarity on why they need the additional documents. And as per Call Centre agent, I should wait for webform response before taking any further action. But GCMS notes say timeline to submit docs is 7days which is already passed.

My question to you - Should I wait for webform response ? Can there be any impact if I delay the upload of additional docs ?

Why did you not submit pictures and every other stuffs requested of you? You should have those anyway, and it wouldn't cost you anything by sending it. Not sending it is what might cost you something. I'd say you should still send the documents to them.

singhsujk

Aug 21, 2017
Why did you not submit pictures and every other stuffs requested of you? You should have those anyway, and it wouldn't cost you anything by sending it. Not sending it is what might cost you something. I'd say you should still send the documents to them.
@legalfalcon
Thanks a lot for your prompt response. The letter from CIC had said change in martial status thats why i was not sure and didnt send the documents. As per your experience, does IRCC asks for these documents in case of spouse as dependent ? I married 6 month before ITA and my application. Should i wait for webform response as per call Centre agent instructions ? Please advise.

prigupta

May 20, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
My AOR is Aug 8th, 2020, all stages passed Jan 28th, 2021 shows in GCMS but no update since
my spouse is working in the USA, can we apply for his SOWP now? my work permit is valid till May 2022.
or will it affect our PR application? Also his medical will expire on June 15 so we will need new medical for him.
His US visa will expire in Dec so we are trying that to get status in Canada or else he'll go back to India!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

IRCC can seek additional information when they have to verify the veracity of the relationship. Usually they will be the same forms. If you have already submitted them, you can inform IRCC, but thee is no harm in submitting them again since it takes 10 days for a webform response.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
My AOR is Aug 8th, 2020, all stages passed Jan 28th, 2021 shows in GCMS but no update since
my spouse is working in the USA, can we apply for his SOWP now? my work permit is valid till May 2022.
or will it affect our PR application? Also his medical will expire on June 15 so we will need new medical for him.
His US visa will expire in Dec so we are trying that to get status in Canada or else he'll go back to India!
Your spouse is eligible for SOWP and you can apply it any time. Applying for a TRV is not an issue and has no impact on the processing of your PR application. Each application will be processed on it own merits.

See my post on this at #5,214

Ruthyyyyyy

May 9, 2021
Hi everyone, how long does it take to hear any news from the VO after submitting additional documents ( photos , birth certificate, police clearance, communication proof , bank statement...)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi everyone, how long does it take to hear any news from the VO after submitting additional documents ( photos , birth certificate, police clearance, communication proof , bank statement...)
You will see change in your status of ADR on your MyCIC account. You will not receive any communication from them, unless any other document is required.

Ruthyyyyyy

May 9, 2021
Thank you for your prompt response, but it’s been 2 weeks that the VO got the documents, ADR still showing "we need additional documents to continue processing your application "

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
You will see change in your status of ADR on your MyCIC account. You will not receive any communication from them, unless any other document is required.
Well,
how to confirm if they have received our documents?
and
how to know if they are satisfy with our ADR ?

I have provided my ADR in February 2020
I have update my new passport in January 2021.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for your prompt response, but it’s been 2 weeks that the VO got the documents, ADR still showing "we need additional documents to continue processing your application "
It can take 3-5 weeks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Well,
how to confirm if they have received our documents?
and
how to know if they are satisfy with our ADR ?

I have provided my ADR in February 2020
I have update my new passport in January 2021.
If you have sent them electronically then IRCC has received them. If they do not meet the requirement you will be informed.

SLHI

Feb 19, 2021
If you have sent them electronically then IRCC has received them. If they do not meet the requirement you will be informed.
Hi
Please need some clarification . I have applied for PR in CEC category and got ITA in 11 months experience. My working hours are 1533 when I got ITA. So, my doubt is this gonna be a problem ,while checking eligibility. I already submitted my profile and my AOR is march 20..still my eligibility status not started as said by IRCC agent.

Please suggest@legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi
Please need some clarification . I have applied for PR in CEC category and got ITA in 11 months experience. My working hours are 1533 when I got ITA. So, my doubt is this gonna be a problem ,while checking eligibility. I already submitted my profile and my AOR is march 20..still my eligibility status not started as said by IRCC agent.

Please suggest@legalfalcon
The problem with the system is that it takes into consideration the month and the year and not the dates. So if you have 11 months a few days it will consider them as 12 months and make you eligible for CEC.

As per IRCC the work experience is calculated as follows:

Calculating work experience for CEC

The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g., more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work).

Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work, for example:

• 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours/37.5 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at:
    • Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations);
    • Skill Level A (Professional occupations); or
    • Skill Level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC.
  • Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours/37.5 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.
For a student who had graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, only work experience gained after graduation will count towards meeting the work experience requirement (e.g., post-graduate work permit).

Assessing work experience - Applications received on or after January 2, 2013
Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)].
In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:
  • performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
Any period of employment when the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits). [R87.1(3)(a)]. Officers should verify the work permit information in GCMS.

IF you do not meet the above, you should decline the ITA and enter the pool again.