Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon, I just submitted my EE application and received AOR. By mistake, I forgot to attach LOE in an optional document slot because it wasn’t shown when I submitted my application. I heard that the missing slot is a common issue. I raised a web form with my LOE immediately, but I’m just so worried because my LOE has a lot of details and clarifications that might be needed during processing my application.

Does IRCC normally accept LOE after the AOR stage? If so, do you know how long it takes them to upload my LOE? I would really appreciate your help! Thank you,
No need to be concerned. All documents you submit will be reviewed and if you submitted the document immediately after AOR or within a few days, the processing of the application would not have started by then.

Reactions: Ellen93

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Pranam sirji!

I belong to a very speceific NOC CODE 2274. As all NOC codes, even this NOC has a
  1. Lead statement.
  2. Main duties
  3. Employment requirements
  4. Additional information.

https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD...

I am quoting the employment requirements

'
  • Employment requirements
    • Completion of secondary school is required.
    • Completion of a three-year cadet program in marine engineering from an approved marine training institute
      or
      Approximately three years of experience as an engine room crew member and six months of formal training at an approved marine training institute
      or
      Approximately three years of experience as an engine mechanic and six months of experience as an engine room crew member are required for certification as a fourth class marine engineer.
    • A marine engineer officer certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, is required.
  • Additional information
    • Fourth Class Marine Engineer certificate is the entry level of a four-level certification program administered by Transport Canada. Progression from one level of certification to the next requires additional experience, training and testing.
    • Mobility between employers is possible for positions requiring the same level of certification.
    • Progression to management positions in transportation is possible with experience.

My concerns are------->

1. I don't meet any of these three requirements since in India if one needs to enter this field, they need just 1 year of certification after graduation. We dont have these 'three years cadet program' IN India.
  2. To get a 'certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, I need to be a Canadian...
  3. So if IRCC goes by this NOC requirements, No one else but a Canadian is qualified to apply for this NOC under FSW as only a Canadian can get a certificate from Transport Canada. So i dont

'

I had read your posts on canadavisa website where you have clearly mentioned that an FSW aspirant need not meet the 'employment requirements' as these requirements are holding true to only Canadian citizens.
In countries all around the world, various jobs are done differently so IRCC only is concerned if the candidate meets the Lead statement and the Main duties.

1. Do I understand you correctly? Is it applicable to ALL NOCS? or there are certain NOC which still need to meet these employment requirements? which are those NOCs wherein I need to meet the employment requirements?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Pranam sirji!

I belong to a very speceific NOC CODE 2274. As all NOC codes, even this NOC has a
  1. Lead statement.
  2. Main duties
  3. Employment requirements
  4. Additional information.

https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD...

I am quoting the employment requirements

'
  • Employment requirements
    • Completion of secondary school is required.
    • Completion of a three-year cadet program in marine engineering from an approved marine training institute
      or
      Approximately three years of experience as an engine room crew member and six months of formal training at an approved marine training institute
      or
      Approximately three years of experience as an engine mechanic and six months of experience as an engine room crew member are required for certification as a fourth class marine engineer.
    • A marine engineer officer certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, is required.
  • Additional information
    • Fourth Class Marine Engineer certificate is the entry level of a four-level certification program administered by Transport Canada. Progression from one level of certification to the next requires additional experience, training and testing.
    • Mobility between employers is possible for positions requiring the same level of certification.
    • Progression to management positions in transportation is possible with experience.

My concerns are------->

1. I don't meet any of these three requirements since in India if one needs to enter this field, they need just 1 year of certification after graduation. We dont have these 'three years cadet program' IN India.
  2. To get a 'certificate of competency, issued by Transport Canada, I need to be a Canadian...
  3. So if IRCC goes by this NOC requirements, No one else but a Canadian is qualified to apply for this NOC under FSW as only a Canadian can get a certificate from Transport Canada. So i dont

'

I had read your posts on canadavisa website where you have clearly mentioned that an FSW aspirant need not meet the 'employment requirements' as these requirements are holding true to only Canadian citizens.
In countries all around the world, various jobs are done differently so IRCC only is concerned if the candidate meets the Lead statement and the Main duties.

1. Do I understand you correctly? Is it applicable to ALL NOCS? or there are certain NOC which still need to meet these employment requirements? which are those NOCs wherein I need to meet the employment requirements?

Yes, your understanding is correct. IRC clearly states:

Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].
The applicant’s skilled work experience must also
  • have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.
In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have
  • performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

All you have to do is make sure that your job duties listed in your work reference substantially matches the job duties listed in your selected NOC.

arvind92

Star Member
Jan 3, 2021
Yes, your understanding is correct. IRC clearly states:

Minimum work experience requirement
The applicant must have accumulated at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in part-time) paid work experience in the occupation identified in their application for permanent residence as their primary occupation. In calculating this period of work experience, the occupation must be listed in skill type 0 (Managerial occupations), skill level A (Professional occupations) or skill level B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) 2016 [R75(2)(a)].
The applicant’s skilled work experience must also
  • have occurred within the ten years preceding the date of their application for permanent residence; and
  • not be in an occupation that has been designated as a restricted occupation.
Note: At the time of publication, no occupations were designated as restricted.
In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have
  • performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all of the essential duties, of the occupation as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R75(2)(c)].
Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

All you have to do is make sure that your job duties listed in your work reference substantially matches the job duties listed in your selected NOC.

Thank you for this lightening fast reply.

But there is still some confusion. IRCC website is very clear on this but some people are saying that VO often reject applications on the basis of these 'employment requirements' clauses.

There are basically three categories of these employment requirements with each ending in,

1)Usually required criterions
2)May require
3)is required.

Any distinction is made by IRCC on these words? or there is a blanket policy that EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS DONT APPLY AT ALL!

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
Hi@Legalfalcon,
Please I need your expert view on my situation. I begin working in Canada on February 2020 on a closed work permit. The expiry date on my closed work permit is 1 November 2021. September 2020 I also got a study permit which expires in 2024 but am yet begin to studies formally. Am still using my closed work permit. I was invited for CEC in February 2021 and I have submitted my application. My question now is that 'I hope the officer wont invalidate my work experience from September 2020 when I got the study permit'? Am still working with my employer (Full-time) as stated on my closed work permit. Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you for this lightening fast reply.

But there is still some confusion. IRCC website is very clear on this but some people are saying that VO often reject applications on the basis of these 'employment requirements' clauses.

There are basically three categories of these employment requirements with each ending in,

1)Usually required criterions
2)May require
3)is required.

Any distinction is made by IRCC on these words? or there is a blanket policy that EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS DONT APPLY AT ALL!

I can not comment on what people say. . IRCC clearly states,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi@Legalfalcon,
Please I need your expert view on my situation. I begin working in Canada on February 2020 on a closed work permit. The expiry date on my closed work permit is 1 November 2021. September 2020 I also got a study permit which expires in 2024 but am yet begin to studies formally. Am still using my closed work permit. I was invited for CEC in February 2021 and I have submitted my application. My question now is that 'I hope the officer wont invalidate my work experience from September 2020 when I got the study permit'? Am still working with my employer (Full-time) as stated on my closed work permit. Thank you

When you apply for a new permit, you cannot have two status at the same time. You can either be a worker or a students.

Effective the day you become a student, i.e. you get your study permit, you have to meet the requirements of your study permit.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon whats the meaning of PReVU verified (applicant information) at CPC Ottawa.

PReVU refers to verification of your personal information, i.e. you age, dob, etc. It is a pre scan before the eligibility starts.

Reactions: Ahamed06

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks. But my eligibility is already marked as “passed” in CIO & now application has been transferred to CPC-Ottawa
CIO only does the completeness check. The note you re referring to will have R10 and that is the completeness check and not eligibility.

Reactions: Ahamed06

Ellen93

Feb 26, 2021
No need to be concerned. All documents you submit will be reviewed and if you submitted the document immediately after AOR or within a few days, the processing of the application would not have started by then.
That’s a weight off my mind. Thank you so much for a prompt reply! I really appreciate it :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

Vipeanesammurasila

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
@legalfalcon Quick question, COPR letter doesn't have Landing Date or Signature. I picked up somewhere that Service Canada is failing to issue new SIN / OHIP with the COPR document that doesn't have a signature.

It just looks like a printed letter with COPR Number , UCI number , Name & Address. Do I have to expect any other document or this is the COPR document ? Also can we apply for new SIN with this document ? Please clarify.

Last edited:

Ade3032

Dec 22, 2018
When you apply for a new permit, you cannot have two status at the same time. You can either be a worker or a students.

Effective the day you become a student, i.e. you get your study permit, you have to meet the requirements of your study permit.
Thank you for your response, however I have not formally begin studies (deferred admission) but does have a study permit, hence I am still maintaining my status as a worker since my work permit is still valid.