+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

As per IRCC's statement yesterday, air travelers to Canada must quarantine in hotel starting Feb. 22. Does this mean that all existing COPR holders now can enter Canada? In addition to this, Will this announcement create a positive impact on applications that are currently being processed, Like PPR being issued without delays etc.. Please provide your valuable thoughts on this matter

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I had missed uploading 2 pages of my passport which has my current TRV and a stamp.
Will this be treated as miss representation?
My AOR is October 26, 2020 CEC, Inland Applicant.
Can I upload it via CSE?

Please Advice,
Thanks in advance.
Send the documents via webform. No need to be concerned, this is not misrepresentation.

Reactions: sokke

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

As per IRCC's statement yesterday, air travelers to Canada must quarantine in hotel starting Feb. 22. Does this mean that all existing COPR holders now can enter Canada? In addition to this, Will this announcement create a positive impact on applications that are currently being processed, Like PPR being issued without delays etc.. Please provide your valuable thoughts on this matter
The travel restrictions are still in place. They have not yet been removed. The mandatory quarantine is for people moving in and our, mostly PRs and citizens or people coming from the US.

Currently COPR holder who are not otherwise not exempt from travel restrictions cannot travel to Canada.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon.....i have applied for permanent residence as a protected person. I have got pre arrival services letter. Does that mean, my application is approved now. How long it will take almost now?

The objective of IRCC’s pre-arrival services is to provide selected Permanent Residents, including refugees, with accurate, relevant information and supports so that they can make informed decisions about their new life in Canada and begin the settlement process (including preparation for employment) while overseas. It is expected that these services will enable clients to be better prepared upon arrival to Canada to settle and integrate into Canadian society.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/reports-statistics/evaluations/pre-arrival-settlement-services.html#1-2

When your claim has been accepted, will be informed to you separately.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
My POF doc is 11 days old from the date of departure ( While CIC says it should not be older than One 1 week)

Should I get it corrected?
Are you a PR applicant? Where are you getting this 1 week old requirements?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I posted this in a separate thread but thought it might get a good response here! Thanks if so.

I received my first set of GCMS notes recently, all of which seems promising in terms of the overall progress of my application.

It says that my eligibility and medical were both passed, with Criminality and Info Sharing In Progress. Am I correct in thinking this is relatively normal? I applied at the start of May.

Here's my main issue:

I got married after I had submitted my application, informed IRCC in December and uploaded the requested documents associated with this and my wife just over a week ago on the 4th February. However, due to the file size constraints on the IRCC secure portal I couldn't upload all the requested documents and forms. I provided a cover letter explaining the situation, and that I would be submitting the missing documents via the webform. That actually took a couple of days, because a fault with the webform (acknowledged by IRCC) meant that it was impossible to upload documents. The IRCC sent me a receipt to say they had received my documents on the 5th February and I eventually managed to upload the rest of the documents on the same day. However, on the following day I received another letter from IRCC noting that there were missing documents, and requesting that I upload them. As I had already submitted the webform request I am assuming this is just a result of the delay between a webform submission and those documents being transferred to my application. The letter from the IRCC on the 6th regarding the missing documents didn't explain where or how these should be submitted, but I'm assuming they intend for it to be via the webform as that seems to be the only option. Given that I have already done it, is it safe to say I can relax? The second letter I received from the IRCC on the 5th February said I had 30 days to provide the documents, so this should cover me from the time it takes for webform submissions to be processed. Previously it took exactly a month between me submitting my change of martial status in December, and it showing up on my GCMS notes in January.

My other point of confusion is in the GCMS notes, the officer has mentioned in regards to the missing documents that 'many essential documents are missing, such as IMM008, Spouse PPT and other documents'. This came before I managed to submit some of these documents, as I'm assuming Spouse PPT refers to my wifes passport, which was one of the things that I uploaded on the webform. HOWEVER, the IMM008 form was one of the things that I DID upload via the IRCC secure portal, and I can see that the updated version of that form is included at the end of my GCMS notes, alongside everything else that I submitted via the portal. Is this likely just a case of the officer not checking over my documents properly? Is there anything I should do?

Thanks for any help you're able to give! I feel reassured that the rest of my application seems to have progressed without too many hitches, but it's easy to worry about these things (hence my username lol).
Criminality and Info Sharing In Progress can be in progress, especially if your biometrics were not provided or provided at a later date. Biometrics are required for criminality and info-sharing.

As long as you have submitted your documents via webform, no need to be concerned.

Seems like you submitted documents randomly. Make sure you are sending all the required documents, and that the documents are the latest version. If you have been sending documents as they became available, then there will always be confusion. When you send documents, make sure that you send all of them together and of ay documents I missing, you explain the same and seek additional time.

saver1985

Mar 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
islambad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
24-11-2013
Med's Request
27-11-2013
Med's Done....
03-12-2013
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
19-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
02/05/2014
Hi @legalfalcon
Asking for a friend... my friend wants to apply as a cec applicant he has 1 year cec experience but he gaied this experience in 2017 . Does this experience count towards cec points or does this experience totally wont count towards any points. Thanks
@legalfalcon please reply

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
For CEC:

Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)].

In addition, during that period of employment, the applicant must have:

• performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]; and
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)].
Any period of employment when the applicant was engaged in full-time study will not be included in calculating the period of qualifying work experience (e.g., work experience gained through co-op work permits, off-campus work permits while a full-time student and on-campus work permits). [R87.1(3)(a)]. Officers should verify the work permit information in GCMS.

If you meet the above, you can apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Reactions: saver1985

worrier123

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Criminality and Info Sharing In Progress can be in progress, especially if your biometrics were not provided or provided at a later date. Biometrics are required for criminality and info-sharing.

As long as you have submitted your documents via webform, no need to be concerned.

Seems like you submitted documents randomly. Make sure you are sending all the required documents, and that the documents are the latest version. If you have been sending documents as they became available, then there will always be confusion. When you send documents, make sure that you send all of them together and of ay documents I missing, you explain the same and seek additional time.

Thanks for the reply! I only gave biometrics in November, so that would make sense.

Good to know there's no reason for concern as far as submitting via the webform, I just know they're taking quite a while to respond to queries and submissions via that route. I sent all the documents at the same time with a cover letter explaining that the missing additional forms and documents were going to be uploaded via the webform. I hoped to do it at the same time, but the issue with the webform made it somewhat confused. Thanks for your reply! I'll try and be as calm about this as it's possible to be!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the reply! I only gave biometrics in November, so that would make sense.

Good to know there's no reason for concern as far as submitting via the webform, I just know they're taking quite a while to respond to queries and submissions via that route. I sent all the documents at the same time with a cover letter explaining that the missing additional forms and documents were going to be uploaded via the webform. I hoped to do it at the same time, but the issue with the webform made it somewhat confused. Thanks for your reply! I'll try and be as calm about this as it's possible to be!

Currently due to office closures and staffing issues, IRCC is taking longer than usual to acknowledge the webforms and to add the submitted documents to your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
COPR in hand and ready to trave in few days
Attached is the link ( Check FUNDS ) and Pls reply ASAP

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/prepare-arrival.html
The link you are seeing not for PR applicants, it is for "Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada."

For PR applicants the link is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

There is no such requirement that the bank statement be no more than one week old. When you land and are admitted as a PR, you may be asked to show that you have sufficient funds as per the POF requirements.

Reactions: IndiaDgreat

IndiaDgreat

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
The link you are seeing not for PR applicants, it is for "Prepare for arrival – International Experience Canada."

For PR applicants the link is https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/proof-funds.html

There is no such requirement that the bank statement be no more than one week old. When you land and are admitted as a PR, you may be asked to show that you have sufficient funds as per the POF requirements.
Ohk...Thanks Again :)

Reactions: legalfalcon

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes

Hi. This does not change things.
Other than https://www.canada.ca/en.html for any official announcements, the folks who run this forum have a great blog/news site as well. Worth following at https://www.cicnews.com/

vinnn

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
@legalfalcon

my current company is hongkong based but I work from india , while putting company address in eAPR it autogenerates request for Hongkong PCC but i never lived there more than a week in past, So I uploaded a LOE in PCC slot
1. will visa officer considers the LOE or my application is incomplete?
2. or he will ask to upload PCC?