Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
You said that As an applicant you can get another medical examination done on your own accord (not recommended)

Why it’s not recommended?
Thanks for your help!
Getting another medical done is your choice. However, if your medicals have expired and your medical code was M1, most likely your medicals will be extended. If you want to get another medicals done, you can do that and send the upfront sheet.

The only downside is that you will spend more money, but your meds will then be valid for another year.

IRCC does not make recommendation or deter you from now getting it done.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon when ordering GCMS via third-party website, should we provide the same email address we gave to IRCC? Also are we supposed to submit any consent forms at the beginning?
When you request GCMS notes from a third part website, the request is file don your behalf and the requestor is the third party. Irrespective of what email you provide, all information from IRCC or CBSA will be released to the requisition, i.e. th third party and then transmitted to you at the email address you provided.

Between 2019-2020 49% of the requests filed with IRCC were delayed. See https://bit.ly/3aTljO6

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon is it possible to do another medical if you are not convinced with the result of the initial medical
When you say not convinced, is it because some of your results were abnormal. An abnormal medical report by itself does not make you medically inadmissible. To be medically inadmissible you have to be inadmissible on health grounds as per section 38(1) of IRPA, which states:

Health Grounds

• 38(1) A foreign national is inadmissible on health grounds if their health condition

(a) is likely to be a danger to public health;

(b) is likely to be a danger to public safety; or

(c) might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health or social services.

to read more on medical inadmissibility see https://bit.ly/36W1kgw

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

My brother in Canada is booking an accomodation (Quarantine place) on behalf of us ( schedule to land in few weeks).

On a rent agreement his name is mentioned as TENANT and me as a Co-TENANT. Considering the fact we're not re Uniting being in different province is this rent agreement format ok?.

Also do I need to mention dependents name/ gender / age as well in a rent agreement?

--
Regards
Yes, the tenancy agreements are governed as per the Rent Act of the specific province where the agreement was signed and the rental property is.

Both, the Tennant and the join Tennant are equally responsible for all the conditions of the agreement.

SBU

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
@legalfalcon first of all Thank you!

I just want to inform that i received COPR for my 2 kids today. Originally send by IRCC on 6th Feb to my rep.
AOR May 14th ,2020, CEC ,Bio exempt,Status of Bio was updated on 13th October, Final approval was on 14th October and was waiting from past 4 months.

QQ: No idea about my COPR or my Wife's COPR ,do you have any recommendation and how to followup.

The letter i received for my kids specified that i should send a copy of the letter with a photo graph to Etobicoke (Not mentioned about their passport copy)

Rtc2021

Feb 10, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon i need your advice please.

I have received my COPR Nov 2020, filed for AL for extended family (my brother is PR), and got it.

Please i need your advice concerning:

1- im good to go right? COPR and visa stamped valid till july 2021, i have quarantine plan etc...

2- ive watched a video from askkubeir saying AL does not suffice for the officer to validate my status as PR, so even with valid copr visa and AL i can still not be validated as PR. What is your take on this? What can happen? What advice can u give?

3- My application was approved with my family (wife and kids). I know that once my status is finalized (im the primary applicant) they can travel and dont even need an AL since they are my immediate family. However it will be very hard for my wife to travel with 2 kids for 24h with a ton of luggage. Since it takes less than one hour to validate my status, if we travelled together, will the officer be understanding and let us all in since its a matter of minutes till they are "legally" exempted from travel restrictions

4- what problems might we face ?

5- my whole objective is to travel with my family before our COPR exipres early july. What is the issues we might face. What advice/best way can you give us to do that. Is travelling before then is the only solution?

Much appreciated

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
@legalfalcon @caipsnotes Please give me some advice/suggestions as to what I can do.

Recently I have been anxious because of this mistake I made on my initial Study Permit application. The story is:

I turned 18 in Jan 2014. In Jun 2018, I made my first study permit application from outside Canada for my master's program that was starting in Sept 2018.

From Jan 2014 - Jun 2018, I have only studied as a high school student and an undergraduate student (my undergrad program lasted from Aug 2014 to Jul 2018). Indeed, I have had some part-time jobs during my studies in this period, but my main activity had always remained "studying" as of the date I made this study permit application. I have not held any formal full-time jobs prior to my application.

As part of my study permit application, there were only 3 spaces under the Employment section (in IMM1294) for you to fill out your employment history. Since I didn't know we had to attach additional sheets of paper when there's not enough space, I only filled out the 3 most important part-time jobs that I had in this section, while there were actually 4 or 5. Of those I left out, one I only worked for a few days; and the other one is self-employment as tutor. What would have been reflected on my application is that I had only been studying as my main activity - no full-time formal jobs, no gaps.

It was not my intention to hide the rest of the part-time jobs I had taken in my initial study permit application. I just didn't know I could / had to attach extra sheets. After I finished my studies in Canada in 2020, I applied for my PGWP. For my PGWP application, I DID attach a full employment history declaring all part-time jobs I have taken. There are no gaps since I was 18 as my main activity has always remained "studying". I have no formal full-time work experience at all. My PGWP was indeed approved.

So here you can see that there are previously undeclared employments being declared in my PGWP application. Now the question comes:

When I apply for PR through Quebec Selected Worker stream, I ought to declare all work history since 18 or over the past 10 years. In my case, will there be problems if I supply my full employment history now (as I did for my PGWP), with some part-time jobs taken during my studies being undeclared in my initial study application?

I am feeling very anxious now as I am afraid of being accused of misrepresentation.

Thank you so much. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: SBU

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon i need your advice please.

I have received my COPR Nov 2020, filed for AL for extended family (my brother is PR), and got it.

Please i need your advice concerning:

1- im good to go right? COPR and visa stamped valid till july 2021, i have quarantine plan etc...

2- ive watched a video from askkubeir saying AL does not suffice for the officer to validate my status as PR, so even with valid copr visa and AL i can still not be validated as PR. What is your take on this? What can happen? What advice can u give?

3- My application was approved with my family (wife and kids). I know that once my status is finalized (im the primary applicant) they can travel and dont even need an AL since they are my immediate family. However it will be very hard for my wife to travel with 2 kids for 24h with a ton of luggage. Since it takes less than one hour to validate my status, if we travelled together, will the officer be understanding and let us all in since its a matter of minutes till they are "legally" exempted from travel restrictions

4- what problems might we face ?

5- my whole objective is to travel with my family before our COPR exipres early july. What is the issues we might face. What advice/best way can you give us to do that. Is travelling before then is the only solution?

Much appreciated

1. Yes, you are all good to travel. Make sure you follow the current advice on arriveCan and other formalities.

2. Techanically, the answer is yes because the officer at the PoE has the final call on making a decision whether to admit you or not. I explained this in detail in one of my posts, see https://bit.ly/2MKatCj
The inly catch is that IRCC is discouraging you to travel if your family cannot travel and land with you. If your plan is to land, be admitted, and then call your family as immediate family members, that is twisting the rules. So beware, read the above post carefully and understand the law.

3. No, the AL is only for you and not your family as they are no extended family members. see 2.

4. see https://bit.ly/2MKatCj

5. Currently you are not permitted to travel. Even if your cOPR expires, IRCC will send you a new one later when travel restrictions relax. If you are too desperate to come to Canada, then you are subjecting yourself to being admitted under s23 IRPA as discussed above.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon first of all Thank you!

I just want to inform that i received COPR for my 2 kids today. Originally send by IRCC on 6th Feb to my rep.
AOR May 14th ,2020, CEC ,Bio exempt,Status of Bio was updated on 13th October, Final approval was on 14th October and was waiting from past 4 months.

QQ: No idea about my COPR or my Wife's COPR ,do you have any recommendation and how to followup.

The letter i received for my kids specified that i should send a copy of the letter with a photo graph to Etobicoke (Not mentioned about their passport copy)
The cOPR for family members usually come within 48-72 hours. If you have not received yours, just give it some time and you willl.

raj90

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Since you are inland you can request the status via Gcms Notes for free, best to do it 3 to 4 months post AOR. You may want to consider requesting the Gcms Notes via CBSA instead of IRCC, Why?
Sorry i did not saw the post earlier, but i have already ordered from IRCC.