+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

deltacurious

Jan 17, 2021
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I just completed masters degree from a Canadian University. (I have ECA for bachelor degree). I have applied for PGWP as well. (Waiting for the decision)
University provided me with official transcript and letter regarding proof of completion of degree. In this letter school has mentioned that I have met degree requirements and will be awarded degree in June, 2021. I want to enter into the express entry pool now, because my ielts score is expiring in May ,2021. As soon as I will get the degree certificate, I will update the same with IRCC.

Can I claim points for Canadian Masters degree by submitting proof of completion letter and official transcripts in the mean time?

Please advise. Your insights are much appreciated.
Regards

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
I just completed masters degree from a Canadian University. (I have ECA for bachelor degree). I have applied for PGWP as well. (Waiting for the decision)
University provided me with official transcript and letter regarding proof of completion of degree. In this letter school has mentioned that I have met degree requirements and will be awarded degree in June, 2021. I want to enter into the express entry pool now, because my ielts score is expiring in May ,2021. As soon as I will get the degree certificate, I will update the same with IRCC.

Can I claim points for Canadian Masters degree by submitting proof of completion letter and official transcripts in the mean time?

Please advise. Your insights are much appreciated.
Regards
Yes, you can and when you submit your application, explain it in LoE.

Reactions: deltacurious

canadawp.india

Sep 7, 2020
You can see the first 3-5 pages for COPR number is it has been generated
I have applied for ICT closed work permit.

I'm just worried that webform response received after GCMS says that background verification has not been initiated while GCMS requested before this says Final: Approved

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I have applied for ICT closed work permit.

I'm just worried that webform response received after GCMS says that background verification has not been initiated while GCMS requested before this says Final: Approved
The GCMS is what matters and in the courts too it is treated as evidence.

Reactions: canadawp.india

Gunik1123

Star Member
Jul 20, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon ,
Query regarding WES equivalency.

I had completed3 year MCA degree from Indian State Govt University (available on university list on WES Equivalency tool) after 3 years of regular graduation.
MCA studies were as follows-
MCA First Year ( 2 semesters) as distance education mode.
Rest 2 years ( 4 semesters) as regular candidate from same university.

My query is will WES will consider MCA degree as masters or it will be given as 2 or more degree ( due to its first yr being completed as distance education)
(Kindly note that I already got my graduation evaluated as 4 year Canadian equivalency through WES)

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thanks for sharing this info. They started processing all of the CEC applications or just few application categories in priority list?
IRCC is processing CEC applications at the normal pace. There are some NOC's that get a priority.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
thanks @legalfalcon, I'll give that a try. I looked in the ATIP options, should I request from Health Canada, or Public Health? or regular GCMS request to IRCC and say want medical info specifically in the request message?
You can request via GCMS from IRCC or even CBSA, both will have the same information.

Zeph99

May 6, 2020
You can request via GCMS from IRCC or even CBSA, both will have the same information.
thanks, I requested from both, although only the IRCC version of the request forms had the ability to specific medical as the focus of the request. However I suspect both will return the same GCMS output, and likely will not have any additional information than prior pulls or that which is given by the call centre agents.

given the current response times for these, my medical will probably expire before anything shows up!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
thanks, I requested from both, although only the IRCC version of the request forms had the ability to specific medical as the focus of the request. However I suspect both will return the same GCMS output, and likely will not have any additional information than prior pulls or that which is given by the call centre agents.

given the current response times for these, my medical will probably expire before anything shows up!
You are welcome, yes Gcms Notes from IRCC and CBSA will be similar and there will be slight differences depending on how redaction in undertaken by each of them. Call center agents have the same GCMS view as well. The request from CBSA is entered in free form vs IRCC which has a drop down to select from.

Hope you receive them soon and all the best.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,
Query regarding WES equivalency.

I had completed3 year MCA degree from Indian State Govt University (available on university list on WES Equivalency tool) after 3 years of regular graduation.
MCA studies were as follows-
MCA First Year ( 2 semesters) as distance education mode.
Rest 2 years ( 4 semesters) as regular candidate from same university.

My query is will WES will consider MCA degree as masters or it will be given as 2 or more degree ( due to its first yr being completed as distance education)
(Kindly note that I already got my graduation evaluated as 4 year Canadian equivalency through WES)
It does not matter whether it is distance education of not. What matters is that what WES or the education credential agency you use to get the evaluation and what they evaluate. The assessment is the final evidence.

Also, even if they do not consider you MCA as a masters, you can show it as two or more degrees. They have the same prints as Master's. To get points for having 2 or more credentials, you need an assessment for each one. To get full points for more than 1 credential, at least 1 of the credentials must be for 3 or more years of study. The order that you complete your credentials does not affect points.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My spouse who is also a dependent in my PR application has Canadian visitor visa valid upto 2028. So will ircc cancel the visit visa when issuing CoPR? @legalfalcon
If your spouse is accompanying, after you land, all individuals who have a COPR and are admitted into Canada, will have their temporary resident visas cancelled because as a PR, you do not need a visa to visit or work.

Reactions: Ahamed06