17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

I have a work reference letter situation - I am the main applicant and I don't want to ask my current employer (HR or my manager) for a reference letter because it will cause major panic if they think I am leaving, even though I won't be leaving soon.

I'd prefer to write a LOE explaining the situation and provide supporting docs (payslips, contract, tax forms, bonus letters, appointment letter). I also have a confirmation of employment letter written by my current employer which I used when I applied for my visitors visa for Canada. I will then ask a senior colleague to write a letter explaining my duties (this won't be on the company letterhead) and include the formal job description that HR uses when recruiting for my role.

I already have 3 reference letters in the correct format from my previous employers, I'm just concerned about asking my current employer for one.

Do you think this will be enough?
As per IRCC you have to show:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
If you cannot get the above on a letter heard from your employer, as long as you meet all of the above by secondary documents, such as the ones you have listed, and explain it in LoE, there should be no issues.

SBU

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
I was silent follower of this site. Want to understand the out come of my case. (AOR May 15,2020)- CEC Inland

I requested last GCM notes on Nov 19 was received on yesterday and my GCM notes second page as below. Date generated shows as 19th Nov and second page as S.21. I believe my application is approved but i did not get any COPR yet

Assessments
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: passed
Org Crime:
Medical: passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing:Complete
Other Reqs:
Final: Approved

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw a Group name as below
Group Name :1
Group 2-TRG34LC
Name: CN COVID PACE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under Correspondence (S.26 Section)
Outgoing -1
I could see
Document :Application Transferred

Any insight\Advice is greatly appreciated.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
In my PR application, under section my martial status I have mentioned 'Legally separated' and my divorce is still undergoing.
For the question :
Has xxxx been previously married or in a common-law relationship ?
1) shouldd I select Yes or No?

If I should select Yes, there are several questions popping up. I have concerns on 2 questions that pop-up (below)
1. 'Date previous marriage or common-law relationship ended?'
2. 'How did this relationship end?' with choices (Annulment, Divorce, Death of partner, Ended the common-law relationship)

Since our divorce is still in process, I don't have relationship end date as I am not yet divorced yet and have no answer to select for the question 'How did this relationship end'.

Please advise what I should answer in this section. Thanks in advance.

Mili911

Jan 20, 2018
Hello Guys
My fiance is planning to do Ontario graduate program in operations management from Fanshawe College, he has already done his engineering from Mumbai University (ECA) done. Will this Ontario program be considered as two or more degree; or will it be still considered as bachelors while applying for PR.

Plz help!

Puttna03

Apr 25, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
Med's Done....
04-11-2020
@legalfalcon : I just received GCMS notes and I see following notes:

1. Under my education details, I see Recognized university as NO but case analyst in last page mentioned as below,

Primary applicant ECA report verified on Issuing agency website; foreign credentials confirmed on ECA site ECA Canadian Equivalency summary reported by issuing agency as Diploma(2 Years) and Bachelor's degree (4 Years).

Do I need worry about Recognized university as NO?

Thanks in advance.

SBU

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
@legalfalcon :

I was silent follower of this site. Want to understand the out come of my case. (AOR May 15,2020)- CEC Inland

I requested last GCM notes on Nov 19 was received on yesterday and my GCM notes second page as below. Date generated shows as 19th Nov and second page as S.21. I believe my application is approved but i did not get any COPR yet

Assessments
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: passed
Org Crime:
Medical: passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing:Complete
Other Reqs:
Final: Approved

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Saw a Group name as below
Group Name :1
Group 2-TRG34LC
Name: CN COVID PACE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under Correspondence (S.26 Section)
Outgoing -1
I could see
Document :Application Transferred

Any insight\Advice is greatly appreciated.

SBU

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
@legalfalcon

Addition to above
In Page 98 I can see
FinaliZE Application
Docuemnt Issunace Blank following by that Page 101 is withheld Pursuant to Section
of the Privacy Act

Document Issuance 2
Document Number #: T following by 9 digit number
Document COPR/CRP
Status Not Started
Valid To 2021/05/29
Serial #: (Blank)
Print Queue: PR-XXXX-COPR
Status Updated on 2020/10/14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Page 104
Outgoing 1
Correspondence ID : XXXXXXXXXXX
Document : Application Transferred
Items Requested
Item Requested:1
Item: Kit, Application forms
Due Date 2020/10/13

Ahamed06

Star Member
Apr 23, 2020
@legalfalcon

One thing I have clearly understood is both CBSA & IRCC gcms notes highlight similar information. But I am having doubts in the following areas:

1. Is waiting time really less for CBSA gcms compared to IRCC gcms?
2. Also `I have heard CBSA randomly selects notes for emailing, and the rest of them are couriered. What if the courier method takes more time?

I am really confused as to go ahead with which one. Please clarify

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
@legalfalcon

One thing I have clearly understood is both CBSA & IRCC gcms notes highlight similar information. But I am having doubts in the following areas:

2. Also `I have heard CBSA randomly selects notes for emailing, and the rest of them are couriered. What if the courier method takes more time?

#1 There is no guarantee that Gcms Notes from IRCC or CBSA will be provided in the stipulated 30 days
#2 Unless you elect to receive the Gcms Notes by mail you will receive them via email.
More at https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Reactions: Ahamed06

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon,
I have two 2 old passports and a new current one.
I was adding my oldest passport with expiry date in 2020 Dec 01 details under ID details section and it did not take the details as in I got the error under expiry date "Expiry date must be greater than or equal to Today. " May I know what should I add for the expiring date? Also this passport was canceled due to spacing issues in my name, so should I add this passport detail?

Thanks

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I have two 2 old passports and a new current one.
I was adding my oldest passport with expiry date in 2020 Dec 01 details under ID details section and it did not take the details as in I got the error under expiry date "Expiry date must be greater than or equal to Today. " May I know what should I add for the expiring date? Also this passport was canceled due to spacing issues in my name, so should I add this passport detail?

Thanks

I the application you only have to list your current valid passport. When you upload the documents, all passports, current and expired have to be uploaded that have a visa or stamps.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon does IRCC call past employer to verify information?

IRCC can all or contact any employer for whom you have claimed points and listed the work experience with work reference letter. However, contacting employers is done in rare cases, in most cases IRCC will do open source search to verify the employers and your details.

See https://bit.ly/3stgnYt

Reactions: Ahamed06

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Both IRCC and CBSA have to release the requested information under the same law, i..e Access to Information Act. And as per section 7 they have 30 days to release it. However, on a case by case basis, they can take extensions. Historically IRCC has received more request than CBSA and thus due to backlogs, IRCC takes more time especially now due to COVID office closures.

When you request the notes, you select where your want to receive them electronically or on paper. For paper they are always send by postal mail. For electronic, it will depend on the size of the file. If it is too big then IRCC and CBSA can send it via postal mail as CD. In most cases IRCC will send them by email, but in some cases they do send by postal mail too.

CBSA for most send it by postal mail but in some cases has sent them as email, spilling the notes in parts and send them them as attachments in multiple mails.

Reactions: binder1232

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
issuing agency as Diploma(2 Years) and Bachelor's degree (4 Years).
@legalfalcon

Addition to above
In Page 98 I can see
FinaliZE Application
Docuemnt Issunace Blank following by that Page 101 is withheld Pursuant to Section
of the Privacy Act

Document Issuance 2
Document Number #: T following by 9 digit number
Document COPR/CRP
Status Not Started
Valid To 2021/05/29
Serial #: (Blank)
Print Queue: PR-XXXX-COPR
Status Updated on 2020/10/14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx
Page 104
Outgoing 1
Correspondence ID : XXXXXXXXXXX
Document : Application Transferred
Items Requested
Item Requested:1
Item: Kit, Application forms
Due Date 2020/10/13
Information about another individual

26 The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1) about an individual other than the individual who made the request, and shall refuse to disclose such information where the disclosure is prohibited under section 8.

If you requested your GCMS notes yourself, and there are other individuals in your application, their information is redacted since you did not submit their consent form.

Any information related to the other individual who did not provide a consent will be redacted under s26.