01-07-2018
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2018
LANDED..........
01-09-2018
hi @legalfalcon
I worked for a construction company in India for 4 years. Now the company is a registered company and they are ready to provide me with a reference letter for my immigration. One of my relatives says that IRCC checks via web search that whether the company really exists or not. The company where I was employed is having a web presence but does not have a company web site. If we google search it shows all information about the company but lacks a company web site. Will this issue cause any problem for my immigration?

Also, this same relative of mine also says that IRCC does not approve work experiences from enterprises they only approve work experiences from private limited and limited companies. But the construction company where I worked is an enterprise. Will this be an issue for immigration?

Last edited:

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon

I have two bank accounts
However, the POF is in one account, the other one is empty.
Do we have to show the 6months statement for both?
or just one where I have kept the funds is enough?

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Thanks for the immense support you give to the members.
I have few questions, for which I would like to have your advice:
1) I have been rejected an PR application earlier in July 2020 due to incomplete information (basically it was late fees payment). However, fortunately I received an ITA second time and applying now. My question is should I mention the earlier PR application rejection and provide support documents in loe?
2) I renewed my passport Post ITA (as it was nearing expiry) however my old passport has all the travel stamps that I listed in travel history. Should I attached both new passport copy and old passport copy and upload in passport section?

Looking forward for your advice. Thanks.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello again Mr Falcon
I’m claiming sibling relationship using the marriage certificate of me and my sister as proof of relationship. The only issue is that on her marriage certificate our father’s First and middle names are abbreviated but the surname is written in full WHILE on my marriage certificate all of our father’s names are written in full.
What can I do?
You can get a same name affidavit from your father, attach documents that show your father's abbreviated name on any of his official documents to prove he is the same person, or consider using birth certificates, or any document that shows a common parent.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,
I got 50 points for LMIA job offer when applying for PR. I’m in a closed WP with my employer. Now I’m going to apply for BOWP. What should I answer for the following questions:
1. “Do you have a job offer?”, should I say yes or no? if I say no, then will it not be opposite to what I mentioned in the PR for 50 points?
2. Should I provide my employer details?

Please advise. Thank you.
Your answer will be yes to the Question 1.

Reactions: amala1611

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I have two bank accounts
However, the POF is in one account, the other one is empty.
Do we have to show the 6months statement for both?
or just one where I have kept the funds is enough?

No, only the account which has the PoF amount to meet the PoF requirement.

See https://bit.ly/34UGXQ7

Reactions: Yumna

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Thanks for the immense support you give to the members.
I have few questions, for which I would like to have your advice:
1) I have been rejected an PR application earlier in July 2020 due to incomplete information (basically it was late fees payment). However, fortunately I received an ITA second time and applying now. My question is should I mention the earlier PR application rejection and provide support documents in loe?
2) I renewed my passport Post ITA (as it was nearing expiry) however my old passport has all the travel stamps that I listed in travel history. Should I attached both new passport copy and old passport copy and upload in passport section?

Looking forward for your advice. Thanks.

1. Yes, you will have to disclose the prior rejection. You do not need a LoE, you can use the space under the questions to provide the details of the prior application.

2. If you have visas and stamps in an expired passport, you have to scan both the old and the new passport and upload it with your application.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi @legalfalcon
I worked for a construction company in India for 4 years. Now the company is a registered company and they are ready to provide me with a reference letter for my immigration. One of my relatives says that IRCC checks via web search that whether the company really exists or not. The company where I was employed is having a web presence but does not have a company web site. If we google search it shows all information about the company but lacks a company web site. Will this issue cause any problem for my immigration?

Also, this same relative of mine also says that IRCC does not approve work experiences from enterprises they only approve work experiences from private limited and limited companies. But the construction company where I worked is an enterprise. Will this be an issue for immigration?
Open source searches are one of the many searches done. IRCC does not solely rely on web search alone and if there is any doubt, IRCC can ask for additional documents or call your employer.

Also, there is no requirement for an employer to be registered or incorporated as a company. You can be employed by an individual too. This also counts as employment and you can claim points for it. There is absolutely no need for being employer by a "private limited company."

All IRCC requires is a work reference letter that should have the following:

A letter from the employer(s) offering the job in Canada is required, and it must
  • be printed on company letterhead and include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information (address, telephone number and email address), and the name, title and signature of the applicant’s proposed immediate supervisor or personnel officer; and
  • include the following details: expected start date, commitment that the applicant will be employed on a continuous, paid, full-time work, for work that is for at least one year after issuance of a permanent resident visa, job title, duties and responsibilities, current job status (if current job), number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

Similarly there is no requirement to have a web presence or a website. Your relative is completely wrong and the inform he /she has provided is absolutely inaccurate.

To read on use of open source searches by IRCC see https://bit.ly/2JBuAkw

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Your answer will be yes to the Question 1.
Thank you @legalfalcon.
To be more clear about my situation: I received my LMIA on jan 2019 (validity till june 2019) and my wp based on it on feb 2019. In bowp, If I answer yes to the “do you have a job offer?” question, will they ask me to enter LMIA details?
1. If yes, what should I enter?
2. If I enter my employer details, will it look like a closed WP extension and confuse the visa offer?

Please advice @legalfalcon

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
1. Yes, you will have to disclose the prior rejection. You do not need a LoE, you can use the space under the questions to provide the details of the prior application.
Yes, I have already added those details in the application

2. If you have visas and stamps in an expired passport, you have to scan both the old and the new passport and upload it with your application.
Thanks @legalfalcon for advice.
I just noticed that my current application UCI number starts with CAN. Is it okay?
I m confused because my earlier application UCI only has numbers.
Am I missing something?

Last edited:

pbayagbon

Nov 10, 2020
You can get a same name affidavit from your father, attach documents that show your father's abbreviated name on any of his official documents to prove he is the same person, or consider using birth certificates, or any document that shows a common parent.
Our dad is late and i don’t have any of his documents. Can I obtain One and the same person affidavit from the court as proof???

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
@legalfalcon
Today I received a GU and noticed that my Medicals has changed to "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.", where previously it was shown as "(date) You've passed the medical exam". My original medicals expired on around December 20, does this look like I should expect a remedial or extension coming from IRCC?

Thanks!

MRhn

Aug 12, 2019
Hello,
My security is in progress. I want to request a note, and I am not sure if I should order CBSA or CSIS, or even GCMS.
Could you please help me understand the differences between them? Is there any link to a reference that explains the differences and tells which one is better to understand the details of the security process of the application?
Thanks.

@legalfalcon

Last edited:

Jaisonaishu

Nov 16, 2020
Hi legal falcon sir Kindly advise for my situation my pr application was recently approved and I am expecting the portal email soon. Unfortunately I need to travel urgently outside canada and I guess my pr card will be mailed while I am outside canada. Kindly let me know how to apply for the prtd document. I am traveling to poland. I got the pr approval message from ircc call center agent and the email will be send from Etobicoke office. Kindly advise sir what documents I need to apply for prtd and what documents should I carry to pacify the cbsa officers is my ecopr sufficient to apply for prtd

rkant.rs

Star Member
Dec 17, 2020
@legalfalcon can you please help me

i have canadian two year diploma should i have to get ECA for my foreign diploma ? i applied through CEC and in my education history i mentioned about my foreign education bit selected NO for ECA. i got ITA and no points are being claimed. what should i do ?

should i continue with NO ECA for foreign education in education history section? or should i delete it from there? also is it mandatory to have ECA fpr foreign education even if you have canadian diploma?