Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon or Anybody in this group currently residing in Hyderabad/Anywhere in India who recently(December 2020) received a Express Entry PPR ?

I'm actually looking for information on how to book appointment and submit my passport to the VFS, given the new guidelines.

I couldn't find details on the VFS website. It mostly talks about Biometric appointments on the website.

Here is what you have to follow:

When you receive the PPR email, send a copy of it to VFS.

VFS will reply with what documents and details to add.

Once you send the documents and confirm, they will provide you with a link for the payment for the courier service.

After you pay, your will be provided the instructions on how to submit the passport of prepare it for a pickup.

Yumna

Jun 30, 2019
Hello @legalfalcon

One more query is about the delay in the salary (6 months).
I have provided the 6 months bank statement with the sufficient POF for the application and also a letter from the employer with the explanation for the salary delay.

Will it be a problem?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please what precisely do they look out for during final review? Do they check for eligibility again? Kindly throw light on this.
Before an application can be closed, and a PPR sent, a final review is done, during which it is ensured that all checks are done, all reports are in, all documents are valid, and the application is ready to be closed and sent to the LVO if required. Also, the counterfoil numbers are generated and the PPR is sent.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

One more query is about the delay in the salary (6 months).
I have provided the 6 months bank statement with the sufficient POF for the application and also a letter from the employer with the explanation for the salary delay.

Will it be a problem?
It does not matter for IRCC is your salary is delayed. All IRCC cares is that your Job should be paid and your NOC JD should substantially match the JD of your work reference.

Reactions: Yumna

Formah

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Before an application can be closed, and a PPR sent, a final review is done, during which it is ensured that all checks are done, all reports are in, all documents are valid, and the application is ready to be closed and sent to the LVO if required. Also, the counterfoil numbers are generated and the PPR is sent.
Thanks for your response. I will appreciate if the checks that is being done includes a further check or another review on passed eligibility and other parameters already passed

Formah

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I mean I want to know if eligibility and other parameters passed with be subjected to another review.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon
I have a total of 5 + yrs of experience. Out of which, I have one question on work reference letter for my previous employer which I worked for 8 months. I received their reference letter with 5 out 9 points related to NOC (where one of the 9 is a generic points stating collaborate with colleagues so and so..)

1. does that satisfy their noc match or
2. does it make sense to delete that work history and move it to personal history post ITA? (Reason being even if I remove that 8 months experience I still have 3 + years for which I claimed points). Also, how can I convince them in loe of the change.

I am concerned about the NOC match. What would be the best approach?

Last edited:

a6prasad

May 3, 2019
When you submit a replacement document or add more job responsibilities you have to explain why you are doing it, and it ultimately depends on the officer to consider any additional documents you submit.
Thank you @legalfalcon for your reply!

I plan on adding a LOE and explaining as to why there is an updated letter I am sending. I plan to include that my manager didn't want to add in specific responsibilities initially but after further conversations, gave me an updated employment reference letter. With this letter, I will also detail the changes that will be made. Is this sufficient?

I understand that it depends on the visa officer whether they consider an additional document or not.

However my questions are:

1. Is there a negative impact to submitting an additional document?
2. Will there be additional delays?
3. If they don't want to consider the new document, will they accept the original document, without any ramifications?

And lastly, would you be able to look at my thread to give me your opinion (from my thread here at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/updated-employment-reference-letter-cse-webform-should-i-do-it.714613/#post-9075733) on whether my JD matches the NOC 2174 JD substantially, I've included both in the thread. This will help me decide whether to submit the additional document(s) or not

Thanks once again!

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I mean I want to know if eligibility and other parameters passed with be subjected to another review.
No, at the final stage IRCC will check if your medicals and passport are still valid. The COPR and PR visa cannot be issued by IRCC beyond the validity of the applicants passport or medicals, whichever expires first.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon for your reply!

I plan on adding a LOE and explaining as to why there is an updated letter I am sending. I plan to include that my manager didn't want to add in specific responsibilities initially but after further conversations, gave me an updated employment reference letter. With this letter, I will also detail the changes that will be made. Is this sufficient?

I understand that it depends on the visa officer whether they consider an additional document or not.

However my questions are:

1. Is there a negative impact to submitting an additional document?
2. Will there be additional delays?
3. If they don't want to consider the new document, will they accept the original document, without any ramifications?

And lastly, would you be able to look at my thread to give me your opinion (from my thread here at https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/updated-employment-reference-letter-cse-webform-should-i-do-it.714613/#post-9075733) on whether my JD matches the NOC 2174 JD substantially, I've included both in the thread. This will help me decide whether to submit the additional document(s) or not

Thanks once again!
1. There is nothing as negative or positive. Either the document you submit helps you meet the criteria you are applying under, or does not. when you send any additional documents, you have to explain why it was not submitted before, and make sure that the document being submitted does not contradict what you have submitted before.

2. It will take time to review and asses the new info, but nothing major.

3. It will be at the discretion of the officer. As long as things are not contradictory, there should be no problems.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I have a total of 5 + yrs of experience. Out of which, I have one question on work reference letter for my previous employer which I worked for 8 months. I received their reference letter with 5 out 9 points related to NOC (where one of the 9 is a generic points stating collaborate with colleagues so and so..)

1. does that satisfy their noc match or
2. does it make sense to delete that work history and move it to personal history post ITA? (Reason being even if I remove that 8 months experience I still have 3 + years for which I claimed points). Also, how can I convince them in loe of the change.

I am concerned about the NOC match. What would be the best approach?

1. Your JD do not have to have to be exactly as the JDs of the NOC selected, they just have to substantially match.

2. Even without the document if you do not lose CRS, then just leave it there, in case any other work experience has issues, and this might be the safety net.

Reactions: mvneema10

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
No, if your eligibility is conclusively passed, it will not be reviewed in most cases, unless there is no info that comes to the notice.

Chintan31

Sep 16, 2020
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
10/09/20
Med's Done....
12/10/20
Passport Req..
18/12/20
Hello @legalfalcon. Thanks for doing the great work and providing us all the valuable info.
I have already submitted my passport after getting the PPR mail. My question is as follows:

I have posted my passport to VAC centre in Sydney, Australia as I am residing in Sydney. Where will they send my passport for COPR? Will it be to the Consulate or to Canada?

Is there any timeline for getting back the passport?

Thanks in advance.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon. Thanks for doing the great work and providing us all the valuable info.
I have already submitted my passport after getting the PPR mail. My question is as follows:

I have posted my passport to VAC centre in Sydney, Australia as I am residing in Sydney. Where will they send my passport for COPR? Will it be to the Consulate or to Canada?

Is there any timeline for getting back the passport?

Thanks in advance.
Passport is not sent to Canada, a COPR and PR visa is generated at the Canadian Consulate in your country of residence.

Reactions: Chintan31