Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

I have received the following response through webform :

Your application is currently in process at the Centralized Intake office in Sydney, Nova Scotia:
  • The responsible office has completed verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid:
    • The security background verification are currently valid.
    • The criminal background verification are currently valid.

Can I assume from this my eligibility is passed??, have already requested GCMS notes 38 days ago but not received yet, My AOR is 28th March, outland.

Thanks for all your help.
Yes, most likely your eligibility is passed. Just wait for your GCMS notes and once you have them, you will have even a better picture.

Reactions: vikins

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello @legalfalcon

I have received the following response through webform :

Your application is currently in process at the Centralized Intake office in Sydney, Nova Scotia:
  • The responsible office has completed verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied.
  • The background verifications are currently valid:
    • The security background verification are currently valid.
    • The criminal background verification are currently valid.

Can I assume from this my eligibility is passed??, have already requested GCMS notes 38 days ago but not received yet, My AOR is 28th March, outland.

Thanks for all your help.
If security is marked "valid" then it will only be so if Eligibility is passed

Reactions: vikins

Koko11

Oct 21, 2019
Hey @legalfalcon
I need your advice before I proceed,

I was an asylum seeker in Canada . But my refugee claim was refused and got a deportation order. So I left the country on the given date.
So I am planning to apply for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry

So my question is If I apply for EE does the system count my work experience in Canada?

Thank you in advance.

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
Hello, @legalfalcon. I would appreciate if you can help me with the following question:
My EE FSW-O (US) application is under process (AOR: 8 Sept 2020, MEP passed 8 Oct, biometrics given 19 Oct). I am in healthcare field and a potential employer wants me to travel to Canada in next few months to visit office sites etc before finalizing employment. My work falls under essential services/healthcare. Due to processing delays with PR applications, they do not want to wait until it is processed for my visit. Should I apply for a Visitors visa? They will give me a letter of invitation for the same. (I have previously stamped visitor visa that expired in 2018). Please advise, any help will be appreciate. Thank you!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon
I need your advice before I proceed,

I was an asylum seeker in Canada . But my refugee claim was refused and got a deportation order. So I left the country on the given date.
So I am planning to apply for Canadian permanent residence through Express Entry

So my question is If I apply for EE does the system count my work experience in Canada?

Thank you in advance.
When you land at any port of enter in Canada, your are processed, i.e. you fill in a form to seek asylum, and the border officer will take your passport and provide you with a letter showing your status in Canada. This is not a temporary resident status, even though it allows you to work while a decision on your refugee claim is made.

Under the Canadian Experience Class, you must have had temporary resident status and the proper work or study authorization when you gained the Canadian work experience or educational credential you are claiming.

Refugee claimants who have authorization to work or study while waiting for a decision on their claim do not have temporary resident status and cannot apply under this category.

However, you can claim points for work done outside Canada, and apply under the FSW.

IRCC has clarified is at https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=387&top=29

Can I count experience I got in Canada while waiting for a decision on my refugee application?

No. Under the Canadian Experience Class, you must have had temporary resident status and the proper work or study authorization when you gained the Canadian work experience or educational credential you are claiming.
Refugee claimants who have authorization to work or study while waiting for a decision on their claim do not have temporary resident status and cannot apply under this category.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello, @legalfalcon. I would appreciate if you can help me with the following question:
My EE FSW-O (US) application is under process (AOR: 8 Sept 2020, MEP passed 8 Oct, biometrics given 19 Oct). I am in healthcare field and a potential employer wants me to travel to Canada in next few months to visit office sites etc before finalizing employment. My work falls under essential services/healthcare. Due to processing delays with PR applications, they do not want to wait until it is processed for my visit. Should I apply for a Visitors visa? They will give me a letter of invitation for the same. (I have previously stamped visitor visa that expired in 2018). Please advise, any help will be appreciate. Thank you!
You can apply for a visitor's visa and visit Canada. However, since you are not working in Canada and your letter would only indicate that you will be a prospective employee, you may not squarely fall under the travel exemptions. But it will depend on the language of the invitation letter and the file you are in.

Applying for a TRV while your PR application is in progress has no bearing on each other and each application will be decided on its own merit.

millennial_immigrant

Feb 5, 2019
You can apply for a visitor's visa and visit Canada. However, since you are not working in Canada and your letter would only indicate that you will be a prospective employee, you may not squarely fall under the travel exemptions. But it will depend on the language of the invitation letter and the file you are in.

Applying for a TRV while your PR application is in progress has no bearing on each other and each application will be decided on its own merit.
Thank you very much for the guidance. I will let them know about wording of the invitation letter. Thanks again!

Reactions: legalfalcon

Vv sam

Star Member
Mar 18, 2019
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Hello @legalfalcon Please help with few queries

1. Regarding proof of fund, we are couple who got ITA and now we opened a fresh joint bank account and (accompyning spouse) is transfering the whole required funds from their salary account, will this joint account be okay as proof of funds?
2. In Express Entry profile under work history section does the job tittle added need to match the job tittle on reference letter ? However the NOC code is same for both.
3. and does breakup of time period necessary as NOC code is not changing?
4. As supporting documents for work experience, is it required to add full bank statement (salary) from start to end ?

Last edited:

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
@ legalfalcon I received my WP approval - PPR yesterday after a very very long wait around 59 weeks, thank you so much for guiding and assisting all through this roller coaster ride. You are doing a great work thank you once again.

Reactions: legalfalcon

PicasaOne

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon I would appreciate if you can help me :)
I got my GCMS note,

PAPER FILE
Office: Centralized Intake Office
#: ***********

What does it mean?
My friend just got COPR and she's GCMS note says Location: (BLANK)

Looking forward to your reply, Thank you!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon Please help with few queries

1. Regarding proof of fund, we are couple who got ITA and now we opened a fresh joint bank account and (accompyning spouse) is transfering the whole required funds from their salary account, will this joint account be okay as proof of funds?
2. In Express Entry profile under work history section does the job tittle added need to match the job tittle on reference letter ? However the NOC code is same for both.
3. and does breakup of time period necessary as NOC code is not changing?
4. As supporting documents for work experience, is it required to add full bank statement (salary) from start to end ?
For the PoF, you not only have to meet the minimum required funds, you also have to show the average balance of 6 months which should meet the PoF requirement. See https://bit.ly/3kt87mA

1. Yes, you can use the joint account, however, you will have to show the following:

a. A letter from the accompanying spouse that there have no objection in the PA using the funds for the purpose of settlement to Canada​
b. The source of funds to meet the 6 months average balance.​
2. Job title need not match. All that matters is that your job duties listed in your work reference letter substantially match the job duties in the NOC selected. Qualifications for the job and the designation do not matter.

3. Can you elaborate. I did not get your questions.

4. For foreign work experience IRCC only wants:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
You can add more documents such as salary slips, IT returns etc, but they are not mandatory. If any of the above is missing, then you need to provide documents to meet the requirements and explain why it was not there in the work reference letter.

Reactions: Vv sam

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@ legalfalcon I received my WP approval - PPR yesterday after a very very long wait around 59 weeks, thank you so much for guiding and assisting all through this roller coaster ride. You are doing a great work thank you once again.
Heartiest Congratulations!! Call the best for the journey ahead!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon I would appreciate if you can help me :)
I got my GCMS note,

PAPER FILE
Office: Centralized Intake Office
#: ***********

What does it mean?
My friend just got COPR and she's GCMS note says Location: (BLANK)

Looking forward to your reply, Thank you!
PS means paper screening. This refers to the security stage where your application details pertaining to security are transmitted to the security agencies, i.e. CSIS and CBSA. It is referred to as Paper Screening as CSIS generates paper reports for each security screening it does, which is the overview of your address history, travel history, education, and work.

If your eligibility is passed, you need not worry, as security will be processed at its own pace and no input from you is required. To read on how security is done, and the security screening manual, see
https://bit.ly/3gTOYrE

You can also read my other posts available at #3,199

Reactions: PicasaOne