+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
Dear Legalfalcon,

Many thanks for this thread. I am an EE applicant basing in US right now. My AOR is Feb 22, 2020. It seems nothing is happening with my application. GCMS notes were applied last month, not yet delivered now. My Questions:
1) Basing on the cases you have seen, is IRCC halting the review of outland FSW cases?
2) Do we know when it will be re-started?
3) If it resumed reviewing outland cases, do we know the order it will process them?
4) Is it possible that IRCC may just delete/de-qualify all these cases and ask us to apply again? (I have heard it had happened before, it sounds horrible)

Thank you very much!

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Legalfalcon,

Many thanks for this thread. I am an EE applicant basing in US right now (citizen of China). My AOR is Feb 22, 2020. It seems nothing is happening with my application. GCMS notes were applied last month, not yet delivered now. My Questions:
1) Basing on the cases you have seen, is IRCC halting the review of outland FSW cases?
2) Do we know when it will be re-started?
3) If it resumed reviewing outland cases, do we know the order it will process them?
4) Is it possible that IRCC may just delete/de-qualify all these cases and ask us to apply again? (I have heard it had happened before, it sounds horrible)

Thank you very much!
1) The applications are not being put on hold, but they are being processed, but a decision is not made. This is most likely due to COVID travel restrictions. Also most applications are getting medicals extensions if the medicals have expired or are about to. IRCC is keeping the application ready to roll out the decisions as soon as there is a change in travel restrictions.

2) Keep an eye for any announcements and see what stage your application is once you get your GCMS notes.

3) There is no order, it is on a case by case basis and would depend on the VO and priority that VO has.

4) No, that cannot happen. IRCC has to make a decision on all applications that are pending, they cannot cancel all pending application. Even if the law or policy changes it will only impact the subsequent applications, not the ones in progress.

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
1) The applications are not being put on hold, but they are being processed, but a decision is not made. This is most likely due to COVID travel restrictions. Also most applications are getting medicals extensions if the medicals have expired or are about to. IRCC is keeping the application ready to roll out the decisions as soon as there is a change in travel restrictions.

2) Keep an eye for any announcements and see what stage your application is once you get your GCMS notes.

3) There is no order, it is on a case by case basis and would depend on the VO and priority that VO has.

4) No, that cannot happen. IRCC has to make a decision on all applications that are pending, they cannot cancel all pending application. Even if the law or policy changes it will only impact the subsequent applications, not the ones in progress.
Thank you very much for your detailed answer! Really appreciate it. Two follow-ups --

1) If most cases are put on hold due to the travel restriction, why even the cases in US are on hold too? Ppl with COPR can land Canada through US as far as I know.

2) it seems some cases can be accelerated now on a case-by-case basis. I am LGBT and my home country persecutes LGBT people. If the US drives me and my partner back to our home country, we may face harassment or other soft persecutions (not legalized though). Do you think this constitutes a valid reason to pledge for acceleration? We are truly worried about this and have to flee to other countries during the pandemic if the Trump administration continues to drive out foreigners like it now does.

Omobolanle21

Dec 14, 2018
Hi @ Legal Falcon I received my GCMS note April 29th AOR it was worked on by program asssitant and then passed to case processing agent all done at CIO but now my file sits at Accra VO . My eligibility was met and passed but security not started But I don’t see any officers note does this mean an officer would still have to review my application to be able to finally approve2, Also when it says employment verified proof of funds “verified “ does the verified word means all necessary background check and calls have been done and these category the visa officer is satisfied

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much for your detailed answer! Really appreciate it. Two follow-ups --

1) If most cases are put on hold due to the travel restriction, why even the cases in US are on hold too? Ppl with COPR can land Canada through US as far as I know.

2) it seems some cases can be accelerated now on a case-by-case basis. I am LGBT and my home country persecutes LGBT people. If the US drives me and my partner back to our home country, we may face harassment or other soft persecutions (not legalized though). Do you think this constitutes a valid reason to pledge for acceleration? We are truly worried about this and have to flee to other countries during the pandemic if the Trump administration continues to drive out foreigners like it now does.
1) The Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC) is sending out PPR on a case by case basis, it is not that everything is put on hold.

2) If you have fear of persecution in your home country then you should have filed for an asylum, which is for people fearing persecution and need protection form another country. The PR application only evaluates your application based on the eligibility criteria, and does not weigh in other factors, for which other immigration options are available. However, you can write to IRCC and explain them to expedite your application on humanitarian grounds, but that is at the discretion of the officer.

Reactions: Workaholic2020

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @ Legal Falcon I received my GCMS note April 29th AOR it was worked on by program asssitant and then passed to case processing agent all done at CIO but now my file sits at Accra VO . My eligibility was met and passed but security not started But I don’t see any officers note does this mean an officer would still have to review my application to be able to finally approve2, Also when it says employment verified proof of funds “verified “ does the verified word means all necessary background check and calls have been done and these category the visa officer is satisfied
The eligibility of only conclusively passed after the officer's note.

See my previous post on this: #2,521

BGC includes Criminality + Security + Info sharing.

Criminal admissibility and security admissibility are different, but they are commonly refereed to as BGC collectively.

Criminality is done based on the PCCs you submit and if your are in Canada or ever traveled to Canada or any partner nations, then criminality also includes information obtained from those countries and also RCMP. Criminality is done early in the process, usually along with R10. To read more on the stages of an EE application see https://bit.ly/33tnPrQ

Security only starts after the eligibility is passed. It is done by CBSA and CSIS. To read on security and the security screening manual used by CBSA / CSIS / IRCC see https://bit.ly/2HLUIYr

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
@legalfalcon i went to america in jan 2020 and before boarding plane they took my biometrics at vancouver airport.
Do you think IRCC will use same biometric for EE?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon i went to america in jan 2020 and before boarding plane they took my biometrics at vancouver airport.
Do you think IRCC will use same biometric for EE?
No. Only if you have ever given biometrics to Canada Immigration. Biometrics given to any other country, including US cannot be obtained or used by IRCC.

Workaholic2020

Mar 12, 2020
1) The Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC) is sending out PPR on a case by case basis, it is not that everything is put on hold.

2) If you have fear of persecution in your home country then you should have filed for an asylum, which is for people fearing persecution and need protection form another country. The PR application only evaluates your application based on the eligibility criteria, and does not weigh in other factors, for which other immigration options are available. However, you can write to IRCC and explain them to expedite your application on humanitarian grounds, but that is at the discretion of the officer.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer :)

FurqanM

Apr 11, 2018
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
AOR Received.
28-02-2018
Can anyone help me with an entry in CBSA notes entry given below. Some background of my case is following.

- I married post ITA and added my spouse into the application
- Eligibility and Criminality is Passed for me and my spouse according to notes
- Security is ongoing according to CBSA notes

I need help with the following entry in the CBSA notes,

ORGANIZATION & ENTITIES
Name: EE Processing Issues Post APR and Pre-Approval Marriage
Type: Entity
Other Sub Type: EE Processing Issues Post Eligibility Marriage
Reason: Organization Member
Effective Date: 26/10/2018

mrbhush

Star Member
Jan 10, 2018
Chennai
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
If there is more than one UCI for the same client, this is a data integrity issue. As there is no way to delete a record from GCMS once it is promoted, the UCIs must be linked by performing a household. When a household is done, the multiple IDs will still exist but they will be linked together.
Thanks for your information about Multiple UCI's...

Reactions: caipsnotes

itzrb

Jan 25, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon , Need ur help to understand following:
I am ICT applicant NOC B, App submitted Aug 2019, Bio done Sep 1st week 2019. In Aug 2020 IRCC asked for additional document- ( employment confirmation that the job is still valid+ quarantine plan) to which my employer responded within the requested time frame.

Having called IRCC , I got following update last week: Eligibility, Medical and criminality has passed, Info sharing is complete and the file is at Abu dhabi embassy for the final approbation, he also said it seems that the file is advanced to be approved, but yet not confirmed.

Does this mean all the process on my application is finished and its just the final decision to be made ?
your comments pls....

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon , Need ur help to understand following:
I am ICT applicant NOC B, App submitted Aug 2019, Bio done Sep 1st week 2019. In Aug 2020 IRCC asked for additional document- ( employment confirmation that the job is still valid+ quarantine plan) to which my employer responded within the requested time frame.

Having called IRCC , I got following update last week: Eligibility, Medical and criminality has passed, Info sharing is complete and the file is at Abu dhabi embassy for the final approbation, he also said it seems that the file is advanced to be approved, but yet not confirmed.

Does this mean all the process on my application is finished and its just the final decision to be made ?
your comments pls....
Yes, it seems that all stages have passed and a final review is pending after which a decision will be made on your application.

v_singh67

Jan 3, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon,

I have applied for CEC and i have 6 jobs till now and i am claiming points for 3 years of experience, for 4 of them i have reference letters on letterhead and listed all the duties and responsibilities, pay, hours and pay slips, T4 and everything but for two of the jobs, i only have offer letter, pay stub and ROE ( i only worked for one week in both companies, one week at each company). Since the work was for only 1 week each those companies did not provided me Reference letter with duties, is that a concern? My AOR is 12th August and i already passed Medicals.

Should i submit a webform with LOE?