Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you
What is revised form is any number of revised form
The initial form you used to file your application, you can fill another form and send it back.

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Hope all is well.
I was referred to you by another use on this forum.

I have the following queries
--- about employment reference letter.
1. Some of my reference letters meet all the requirements stated by CIC, however there are no email id of the person signing the letter as these are standard formats of the firms and can't be amended, and some companies have a policy of not giving out their email ids. The letter head however has contact details of the firm, but not email id. Does this suffice or should I add the contact details of my Line Managers in LOE ?
2. Should I ask for visiting cards? If I am required to add contact details of supervisors, can I simply share name, email address and phone number in LOE?

---Regarding the travel document, is it ok if I need to renew my passport for some reason after submitting the PR application? Can I inform IRCC by web form of the change? I might need a new passport before stamping.

---I received my ITA and I have completed all my web forms, but when I try to preview my score, it keeps showing "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later". Any idea why? It has been same for the past two weeks.

---Regarding my education documents, I only claimed points for my Masters degree and I have an ECA for that. I have mentioned my Bachelors degree in the personal history. But while uploading documents, should I upload it for all the secondary education information? Or should I only upload the information for Masters?

Thank you in advance.
Regards

Last edited:

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Hope all is well.

1. Some of my reference letters meet all the requirements stated by CIC, however there are no email id of the person signing the letter as these are standard formats of the firms and can't be amended, and some companies have a policy of not giving out their email ids. The letter head however has contact details of the firm, but not email id. Does this suffice or should I add the contact details of my Line Managers in LOE ?
2. Should I ask for visiting cards? If I am required to add contact details of supervisors, can I simply share name, email address and phone number in LOE?

---Regarding the travel document, is it ok if I need to renew my passport for some reason after submitting the PR application? Can I inform IRCC by web form of the change? I might need a new passport before stamping.

---I received my ITA and I have completed all my web forms, but when I try to preview my score, it keeps showing "Our system is currently unavailable. Please try again later". Any idea why? It has been same for the past two weeks.

---Regarding my education documents, I only claimed points for my Masters degree and I have an ECA for that. I have mentioned my Bachelors degree in the personal history. But while uploading documents, should I upload it for all the secondary education information? Or should I only upload the information for Masters?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
If the reference letter is on the official letterhead and has communication details of the company, that is suifficient. You just need to ensure that it looks as autentic as possible and the address and website can be validated by IRCC.

You need not provide communication details (visiting cards, etc) of your line manager, etc.

You can update your passport at any stage of the application. You just need to share the updated copies via webform.

I am not sure why you are receiving the error on the IRCC page.

You should upload all the details for which you are claiming points. Since you are claiming points for Master's, you need to provide the ECA report and graduation certificate. You may provide transcripts if you have those (it is not mandatory).

All the best!

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
If the reference letter is on the official letterhead and has communication details of the company, that is suifficient. You just need to ensure that it looks as autentic as possible and the address and website can be validated by IRCC.
So basically, if the company is giving only contact number and not email, it is fine?

You need not provide communication details (visiting cards, etc) of your line manager, etc.

You can update your passport at any stage of the application. You just need to share the updated copies via webform.

I am not sure why you are receiving the error on the IRCC page.

You should upload all the details for which you are claiming points. Since you are claiming points for Master's, you need to provide the ECA report and graduation certificate. You may provide transcripts if you have those (it is not mandatory).

All the best!
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The issue is that none of the companies have mentioned their email IDs. There are only phone numbers. I hope that is not a problem.
I have doubt about two employment letters.
Does the subject have to be specifically "Proof of work experience For Canada immigration"? My employers have mentioned the subject only as "Proof of work experience"

1. One of them does not mention the address on the top of the letter, but just the logo, date, and the address at the bottom with the signature of my supervisor. Is that fine? Will it be accepted?
e. g. here is the order : Logo -> Subject -> Letter content, job duties email etc., (The content consists of related phone number and email) -> ex supervisor signature ->Company address

2. Another letter has a not so formal looking letterhead but has the company logo, and company details with duties and sign of my ex manager.
3. For benefits, my employers have mentioned only standard corporate benefits. They don't mention bonus, paid details etc. But I am including paystubs for all my employments.
4. If the signatory authority discontinues working, will I have to submit my letters again?
5. Also, one of my letters has average earnings per week and average hours per week, because I was paid hourly every two weeks, which varying hours of work. Is that fine?

Please guide as this is making me very anxious, and I fear my application will be rejected for the things which are not completely in my control.

Last edited:

daveishan

Oct 13, 2018
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
13-10-2018
Med's Done....
13-11-2018
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. The issue is that none of the companies have mentioned their email IDs. There are only phone numbers. I hope that is not a problem.
I have doubt about two employment letters.
Does the subject have to be specifically "Proof of work experience For Canada immigration"? My employers have mentioned the subject only as "Proof of work experience"

1. One of them does not mention the address on the top of the letter, but just the logo, date, and the address at the bottom with the signature of my supervisor. Is that fine? Will it be accepted?
e. g. here is the order : Logo -> Subject -> Letter content, job duties email etc., (The content consists of related phone number and email) -> ex supervisor signature ->Company address

2. Another letter has a not so formal looking letterhead but has the company logo, and company details with duties and sign of my ex manager.
3. For benefits, my employers have mentioned only standard corporate benefits. They don't mention bonus, paid details etc. But I am including paystubs for all my employments.
4. If the signatory authority discontinues working, will I have to submit my letters again?
5. Also, one of my letters has average earnings per week and average hours per week, because I was paid hourly every two weeks, which varying hours of work. Is that fine?

Please guide as this is making me very anxious, and I fear my application will be rejected for the things which are not completely in my control.
1. The format is not so critical. If IRCC is able to verify the company's details, that is sufficient.
2. The details you mentioned are sufficient.
3. The inclusion of Paystubs along with the letter is a good addition.
4. No.
5. Although varying works of work is fine, the cumulative number of numbers should meet the criteria set by IRCC. Please ensure this requirement is met.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
Hope all is well.

Thank you in advance.
Regards

As per IRCC all work reference documents should have the following:

• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
If there is no email address, but other contact info (address and telephone number) is available, that is fine. If you do add the email address of Information IRCC of the company policy of not disclosing email ids, that would be just fine. Alternatively, if you have the email ids, you can mention them in the LoE separately, even if they are not on the work reference letter.

You can definitely share the visiting cards along with the LoE, but if you meet the above mentioned requirements, you are fine.

YEs, you can renew the passport and after you receive the renewed PP, send the scan via webform to IRCC.

Try clearing your cache, or use incognito mode.

Only the education for which you claimed points, your highest education and for which you have the ECA, you have to submit the degrees and diploma for that education qualification only.

Dikku1111

Jul 30, 2019
AR..................................................08/102019
AOR............................................. 15/01/2020
BIL................................................ 16/01/2020
BIL DONE.................................. 21/01/2020
ADR............................................ 13/02/2020
RPRF........................................... 14/02/2020
ADR/RPRF SUBMITTED........ 21/02/2020

No MR, no PAL

my passport will expired on April 2021

I am waiting for MR to renewal

What you suggest, should i go for upfront or wait ?

Should i renew my passport ?

What is the maximum and minimum time to renew from expiry date ?

saani

Jul 29, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon ,,, kindly help,,, I have a question regarding job experience points. I did my main degree in biology (bachelors) and 3 yrs job experience. I have also done my 1.5 yrs diploma in education in 2019 during my job. Now I want to inquire about that whether my experience after my main degree will be counted or only after my diploma i can count my work exp? Will Wes accept my both education as 2 degrees?

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020

As per IRCC all work reference documents should have the following:

• should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
If there is no email address, but other contact info (address and telephone number) is available, that is fine. If you do add the email address of Information IRCC of the company policy of not disclosing email ids, that would be just fine. Alternatively, if you have the email ids, you can mention them in the LoE separately, even if they are not on the work reference letter.

You can definitely share the visiting cards along with the LoE, but if you meet the above mentioned requirements, you are fine.

YEs, you can renew the passport and after you receive the renewed PP, send the scan via webform to IRCC.

Try clearing your cache, or use incognito mode.

Only the education for which you claimed points, your highest education and for which you have the ECA, you have to submit the degrees and diploma for that education qualification only.
Hi LegalFalcon. Thank you for your reply. In some cases, I was paid biweekly, so the employer has mentioned my weekly salary and not annual. Is that fine? I am not sure if there is any other way. And does every letter have to mention full time or part time employment, is mentioning the number of hours sufficient?
Thanks.

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
1. The format is not so critical. If IRCC is able to verify the company's details, that is sufficient.
2. The details you mentioned are sufficient.
3. The inclusion of Paystubs along with the letter is a good addition.
4. No.
5. Although varying works of work is fine, the cumulative number of numbers should meet the criteria set by IRCC. Please ensure this requirement is met.
Hi,
Regarding the last question, sorry I did not get you. So, the average number of hours is the same as I mentioned in the express entry profile. Was just clarifying that because hours every week were varied, That have mentioned average number of hours per week.
Similarly, for salary, they have mentioned average salary per week, not annually, because I was paid by the hour, and not annually.

I hope that is fine, because there is no other precise way I think. Please guide.
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,,, kindly help,,, I have a question regarding job experience points. I did my main degree in biology (bachelors) and 3 yrs job experience. I have also done my 1.5 yrs diploma in education in 2019 during my job. Now I want to inquire about that whether my experience after my main degree will be counted or only after my diploma i can count my work exp? Will Wes accept my both education as 2 degrees?
For education points, it will depend on what your education credential evaluation says. You may claim CRS points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" if your ECA shows your education is equivalent to two Canadian certificates, diplomas or degrees, and one is for a program of three years or more.

As regards points for work experience, you can claim points for work done along with your education if your education and work were done outside Canada and the work was not a part of the educational requirement.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi LegalFalcon. Thank you for your reply. In some cases, I was paid biweekly, so the employer has mentioned my weekly salary and not annual. Is that fine? I am not sure if there is any other way. And does every letter have to mention full time or part time employment, is mentioning the number of hours sufficient?
Thanks.
There is no requirement for a minimum salary. IRCC only wants that the work should be paid, and it does not matter whether you were paid hourly, weekly or monthly. You only need to mention the number of hours. Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned.

yoshitaas

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
There is no requirement for a minimum salary. IRCC only wants that the work should be paid, and it does not matter whether you were paid hourly, weekly or monthly. You only need to mention the number of hours. Pursuant to R73(1), “full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, and pursuant to R73(2), “work” means an activity for which wages are paid or commission is earned.
Hi, Thank you! Also, one of the letters does not have a very formal letter head. It is a startup. So they just have a company logo, below that address and email of supervisor and contact info, and then job duties and responsibilities with name and signature of my manager. I am worried whether it will be taken as authentic, because I feel it does not look like a very formal letterhead.. I am also attaching the paystubs for that job. What do you think? I can attach tax returns as well. if that helps

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, Thank you! Also, one of the letters does not have a very formal letter head. It is a startup. So they just have a company logo, below that address and email of supervisor and contact info, and then job duties and responsibilities with name and signature of my manager. I am worried whether it will be taken as authentic, because I feel it does not look like a very formal letterhead.. I am also attaching the paystubs for that job. What do you think? I can attach tax returns as well. if that helps
If there is anything missing, you can explain it in LoE. IRCC does not make it mandatory to include IT returns or paystubs for jobs outside Canada. IF you are including them, no harm.