Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon. Can I please have your thoughts on this? I applied for my PR with my 5 years old daughter. I provided full custody paper as the father is not in our lives. . My application is almost 15 months and have not had an update since. I received my daughters GCMS notes and my security says “not started” while hers in blank. I also noticed section 22(1) b on 2 pages. I don’t see any security sub-activities for her.

Is this security screening? Do they do SS for minors? I have researched on section 22(1) b and it has to do with law enforcement and investigations. What will they be investigating on?
Should I order CBSA notes?

My eligibility is yet to be passed. Criminality in progress. My file was updated last in September 2018 according to the GCMS generated on September 20th, 2019

Thank you
In most cases minors are exempt from security. This is why you may not see security details for your minor child.

As regards s 22(1)(b)
22 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)

• (a) that was obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
    • (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

• (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

• (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,
    • (b) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
      • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,

• (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or

• (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or
    • (c) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.

This is usually there for security activities in all GCMS notes.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Legalfalcon

Hi ,

My AOR is september, 2019 and I have gotten MEP and completed BIL.

While surfing the internet today, I stumbled on a thread created by a guy that his application was refused for having Bachelor's degree (4 years) as his Canadian Equivalency Summary ., Even though his credential analysis shows :

1.Bachelor's degree (4 years)
2. Completion of a college level certificate (one year) .

He was refused for claiming points for Two or more certificates while his Canadian Equivalency Summary shows Bachelor's degree (four years) only.

I happened to have my Canadian Equivalency Summary as Bachelor's degree (four years) too . Although my credential analysis shows :

1.Bachelor's degree (4 years)
2. Completion of a college level certificate (one year) .

My AOR is September and I've done Biometrics already .

Please advice me , what is the best thing to do ?

Thank you .
The ECA report summary is what you have to write. If it shows two degrees, you can claim points for it given that IRCC will consider it as two or more degrees.

For that see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Also, don't go by what people claim. Read the law and get informed before hitting the panic button. Just because someone else had an issue does not mean you will too. What people claim and write on the form may not always be true.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I am an FSW-O and have a May 2019 AOR, and I applied for my GCMS notes last month.

However I have been communicated that CIC would require up to 90 more days to share my GCMS notes.

Is there a possibility that this delay is due to any complication or issue with my application, or is it only due to the delay at their end, please?

Would you recommend that I request for an update to my application through web form or by contacting MP's office?

Can you kindly share your thoughts on this, please as I am very worried.

Many thanks.
IRCC has sought extension for most applications filed between September 1 and October 6. Also, requesting GCMS notes has no bearing on your application. The GCMS notes are requested under the Access to Information Act whereas the processing of your application happens under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

You have not yet crossed the 6 months processing mark. So for now, you need to relax. You can surely send CSE and enquire, or you may also contact an MP and see if he can get any valuable info for you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon , Please review my WP rejection points and suggest what should be done as I had submitted each and every required documents as per the check-list but there was no inquiry or question from the officer; rather just a direct refusal! Note- I'm a PNP nominated candidate and the PR application is in process.

"I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
================> I had already visited couple of times to Canada and return in just 3-4 weeks though the visa was for 6 months.

• You were not able to demonstrate that you will be able to adequately perform the work you seek.
================>I can perform the work and have experience in the same occupation, all documentation submitted.

• You have failed to semonstrate that you meet the job requirement of a network technician and that the employer has a network of employees requiring a network technician.
================>Valid job offer & employment and all required documents were attached but no inquiry".

Thank you!
Prior visits do not conclusively show that you will leave Canada. The test on a very subjective one and based on many variables, from your education, the employer credentials, the salary you were offered, etc.

I cannot say much, since I have not seen your documents. In conclusion, you need to be better prepared and some of your documents were not convincing enough.

Reactions: SK_Regina

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon please help !!

I’m in the process of sending in all documents for NB PNP. There is a section asking for “Previous immigration programs” without any explanation.
I have sent NB an email but they haven’t replied.
I have been studying for years in Australia and also got rejected after for a Partner visa with my former husband as they didn’t believe that we were in a genuine relationship and I’m appealing this decision at the moment.
What exactly should I fill in here or just leave it? Do I have to list all my approved/refused visas in all these years?

Thank you !!
Can you post the complete question as it appears.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
I have received request to upload IMM5669E form but I am a not able to download this form?
What should I do? I am supposed to submit it by 17 oct. Can you please tell me what to do?

And as it ask for original signature, how can I di that? Do I need to download this form, fill manually and then upload it? Is it the correct way?
Plz reply me as soon as possible. Thnks in advance.
You need adobe acrobat on your computer to download and open the form. You can print the form or fill it on your computer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please help me in interpreting CBSA notes. Mine is 12 Nov 2018 AOR.

There are total of 3 pages, 1st page is general covering letter, 2 page- annexure- general information, 3rd page details given below:
2 Columns in 3rd page:
1 Column--> UCI #, Family Name, Given Name, Type- Security, Status- In progress, Validity date-(Blank), Status Updated- KL*****(some agent code), status updated date- 2019/03/15, Assigned to- RC-****(agent code), Assigned by-(agent code), due date- 2019/01/12, Acvivity # *********

2 Column--> UCI #, Family Name, Given Name, Type- Security Screening, Status- Information Requested, SII indicator- (Blank), Validity Date- (Blank), status updated- (Some agent code), status updated date- 2019/06/07, Assigned to- RC****, Assigned by- KL****, Due date- 2019/04/(Blank)
These are just activities as and when they happened.

Robmolade

Jun 3, 2018
The ECA report summary is what you have to write. If it shows two degrees, you can claim points for it given that IRCC will consider it as two or more degrees.

For that see https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Also, don't go by what people claim. Read the law and get informed before hitting the panic button. Just because someone else had an issue does not mean you will too. What people claim and write on the form may not always be true.

Thanks for the response sir .

If you have Two or more certificates , you have to enter them one after the other , and the system automatically calculates your CRS score. When creating my EE profile , I entered the information I saw in my ECA report for Canadian equivalency of my Degree and Diploma and the system calculated score of Two of More certificates for me.

Am I good to go sir or there is problem ?

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Dear sir, very urgent guidance required. I have applied gcms from getgcms and they have communicated that it will be delayed from cic end.
One person on whtsapp group has received rejection due to bad translation of pcc.
Mine is. Post copr divorce case and i have provided translated doc to cic.
I have provided letter head of translator that he has translated the mentioned document from Hindi to English. I have also got it notarized with valid outside india stamp. The person in whtsapp group has told me that i need to provide stamp paper affidavit. Pls guide sir, i dont want to have rejection at this stage.
Rst i have provided original hindi certificate, translated copy, invoice, true copy.

Regards
Dear @legalfalcon sir, kindly suggest

Mesh2003

Sep 6, 2017
In most cases minors are exempt from security. This is why you may not see security details for your minor child.

As regards s 22(1)(b)
22 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any personal information requested under subsection 12(1)

• (a) that was obtained or prepared by any government institution, or part of any government institution, that is an investigative body specified in the regulations in the course of lawful investigations pertaining to
    • (i) the detection, prevention or suppression of crime,

• (ii) the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province, or

• (iii) activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada within the meaning of the Canadian Security Intelligence Service Act,
    • (b) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information
      • (i) relating to the existence or nature of a particular investigation,

• (ii) that would reveal the identity of a confidential source of information, or

• (iii) that was obtained or prepared in the course of an investigation; or
    • (c) the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the security of penal institutions.

This is usually there for security activities in all GCMS notes.
Thank you for your response. Does it then mean that am under SS even though my security say "not started" ?

Helpmee

Oct 27, 2018
Dear legal falcon sir, in my post ppr family composition change application as per minister only med is expired, rest everything is passed and now its been almost two month of. Med. Expiry I have not received re med request.
Many people have different opinions regarding upfront re med without cic request. Some suggest that It dont get traced easily by cic, on the other hand others have been successful with in 2-3 days and med status changed to passed.
For me your guidance is above others always. If you suggest to go for re. Med, i will book the next slot.

Ps: my gcms are delayed as. Confirmed my getgcms, today 32 days completed and counting.

Scbho

Jan 18, 2019
Hi legal falcon . My AOR is july 28 2018 . My VO was previously ottawa. Apparently my file was put on hold for a while . On the 30th of may 2019 my file was transferred to Accra visa office . In july i received notification to submit Additional documents . This was submitted in august . On the 11th of october 2019 i got a ghost update . Now my cic page still says "we are reviewing the additional documents required " and "you do not need a medical we will send you a message if this changes. My query now is what the ghost update signifies. Cos i dont think it means that my PPR is around the corner as people say . Pls i would really live to know what you think . Thanks

Robmolade

Jun 3, 2018

UPDATE:

I got my revised ECA report today (dated Oct 21, 2019) and the Canadian equivalency summary has been revised to have "Bachelor's degree and Completion of one year college level certificate" and I am confused what to do next .

Do I raise a webform and send ECA online Pdf version to CIC ? What do I tell CIC in Letter of explanation ?

Won't that be termed misrepresentation because I submitted my application in September and the revised ECA report has October 21 date ?

Please advice on what I should do next.

inavars91

Nov 4, 2018
@legalfalcon many thanks for all of your guidance on your forum! i have a question regarding my job experience. I have 3.2 years of total job experience as an architect. The first 7 months, I worked as an architect in a small construction firm close to my house just for the experience. These are really great people and are happy to provide me with all the documentation I need for my express entry profile. However they are very small, have no website, are not listed anywhere online. Would this hurt my application and put it under a lot of scrutiny? The second firm I worked at for 2.5 months, is quite famous, and the project I had worked on has been published in several architectural magazines and websites, with my name listed as the architect. Would providing this documentation also make for a stronger case?

Thank you again and looking forward to your response.