NOC Code......
Nomination.....
13-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
08-01-2019
Hi Guys,

I got below ADR three days ago for my two family members and uploaded required biopages on the same day....

Is it a good sign? When should I expect PPR?

" Client Information: Our record indicates that we only have a copy of your passport that expires on the 2019/11/19. In order for your passport expiry not to affect the validity of your visa please could do you provide us with a copy of the biodata page your renewed passport. This must be received at this office by: 2019/07/07 ".

Please note that I had already submitted their renewed passports through webform in March, 2019...

vis14ndreamz

Star Member
Jul 8, 2018
If you add your spouse, then it takes an additional 3-4 month, beyond the 6 months timeframe to process and get a decision.

A RR is just a way for the analyst to mark the specific issue for the officer to review, given you have submitted a revised work reference letter, you are all good.
So Hopefully I can get a decision by September. Thanks for the reply

phillcent

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
The RR is usually entered by an analyst, which is in the notes at the last 4-5 pages.
Here is the summary note:

SUMMARY NOTES: SETTLEMENT FUNDS INCLUDE TREASURY BILLS AND INVESTMENT FUND.EDOC: 260120760 - FUNDS, PROOF.A11.2: Met R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW POINTS : APPEARS TO MEET R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FUNDS : APPEARS TO MEET FSW point total: 76 Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete

Does this mean that it is only one Document that has issue? How do I know the document please?

What will be your expert advise please?

eiden03

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Your designation, education does not matter when choosing the NOC. IRCC clearly states:

Note: The applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

All you need to make sure is that your job duties in your work reference substantially (75% or more) match the Job duties of the NOC you select.
Thanks for the reply but you misunderstood my question. It is not concerning the employment requirements, but rather the job duties. It's not possible for me to match 75% or more of the duties mentioned because NOC 1114 covers all the others financial officers positions not listed, therefore, the duties are segregated according to the job title. There are 13 main duties listed under this NOC, but they are divided by 6 job positions. I fall under the category of financial examiner and investigator, therefore my experience is covered under 2 duties (out of the 13 total). It is impossible for me to meet more duties because the other 11 duties are for other financial positions completely different and not relevant to my experience.

In your experience, do CIC take this into account when evaluating? My experience/job letter is very detailed and pretty much all my duties can linked to these 2 duties, but it's still only 2 duties out of 13 due to the circumstances of this NOC and it worries me.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
So here is another questions from my side:
What is considered as step brother/step sister?
My mother passed away few years ago (may she rest in peace) , my father re-married a year ago or so, his wife has 3 sons, should I consider them as step brothers?

I am asking this question as I don't think I can get their date and place of birth, let say I don't have good relationship with my step-mother and my father will probably not give me the information as well.

Nimrod

Star Member
Aug 21, 2018
My mother passed away few years ago (may she rest in peace) , my father re-married a year ago or so, his wife has 3 sons, should I consider them as step brothers?

I am asking this question as I don't think I can get their date and place of birth, let say I don't have good relationship with my step-mother and my father will probably not give me the information as well.
Your father remarried a year ago so those three children by your step mother couldn't be for your father or are they? You're not related by any means to those children. To be a step brother/sister both of you must share at least one parent.

(I just noticed after my response that this is @legalfalcon thread, apologies. He'll answer your question more appropriately)

Reactions: Casatoor

NiSn

Mar 17, 2018
@legalfalcon Hi LegalFalcon, This might be a bit off topic but let me ask this.

So, Ive got the CoPR and last date to enter Canada is 15th Dec'19. I am currently in India but plan to move to US on L1 by October. So, I am planning to land in Canada some time in November. Can you comment of the following?
a) Any additional documents required for landing in Canada from US instead from India?
b) Me and my wife are landing in US in Sep end or early october on L1/L2 visa. She will apply for EAD after landing in US. Is it possible to land in canada (going outside US) while EAD application is still in process?

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
@legalfalcon I'm into a situation where I need your expert advise. Please help.

I'm working full time in Canada through work permit. Applied for the EE FSW category and got 50 points for arrangement for employment since my employer gave me the supporting letter with details. Currently my EE is in progress, Eligibility is under review and security has not started yet. Right now, my company is asking me to transfer to their US branch for an upcoming assignment. In that scenario, I will have to move out of Canada and work for the same company in it's US branch. Considering the 'Arrangement of Employment' clause, will my profile be ineligible? Technically, I'm will be moving out of my current job in Canada (no more Canada pay stubs), however, I'm still with the same company who offered me the 'Arrangement of employment' letter but working in different branch.

I need to change my address and other things in the profile. Please clarify.

Casatoor

Star Member
May 13, 2019
Your father remarried a year ago so those three children by your step mother couldn't be for your father or are they? You're not related by any means to those children. To be a step brother/sister both of you must share at least one parent.

(I just noticed after my response that this is @legalfalcon thread, apologies. He'll answer your question more appropriately)
Yes we don't share the same father, so I am not sure if I should include them, my biggest issue is to have there date of birth, not sure if I can get them, so if I am sure that I don't need their DOB and POB I won't bother asking my step mother to be honest .

@legalfalcon any input on the above?

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
If I look under Admissibilities, where the Security title is, there are only 2 activities. One for myself and one for my wife (main applicant). Mine says in progress by cbsa and my wife’s status is not shown. However the dates on both are October 2017. Nothing since.

If I look under the title “Activity”, the last 2 entries were for me and my spouse with our medical status moving from Passed to Not Started - they expired obviously 1 year ago and they haven’t asked us to redo them. After those two activities, at Activity 3 until 10, it’s all titled Security Screening next to “Sub-activity/Activity type:” with the status moving for my wife and I (each separate entries) from “ready to be assessed, to submit, to ready to be assessed, to in progress, to received by CBSA and last one was “in progress by CBSA”.

A year and a half ago I had requested CSIs notes for myself and my wife, my wife’s notes came back that there’s no record of her implying she wasn’t sent to CSS or at least not by csis. For me they said it was under process. What do you think the chances are that 2 years later and after my css was completed they decided to send my wife for css?
Hi @legalfalcon . You missed my question, would appreciate your feedback :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I'm into a situation where I need your expert advise. Please help.

I'm working full time in Canada through work permit. Applied for the EE FSW category and got 50 points for arrangement for employment since my employer gave me the supporting letter with details. Currently my EE is in progress, Eligibility is under review and security has not started yet. Right now, my company is asking me to transfer to their US branch for an upcoming assignment. In that scenario, I will have to move out of Canada and work for the same company in it's US branch. Considering the 'Arrangement of Employment' clause, will my profile be ineligible? Technically, I'm will be moving out of my current job in Canada (no more Canada pay stubs), however, I'm still with the same company who offered me the 'Arrangement of employment' letter but working in different branch.

I need to change my address and other things in the profile. Please clarify.
One of the factors of CEC is that the arranged employment will be for one year after your become a PR. So if the US company is a subsidiary or parent of the Canadian one, you will be fine.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hi LegalFalcon, This might be a bit off topic but let me ask this.

So, Ive got the CoPR and last date to enter Canada is 15th Dec'19. I am currently in India but plan to move to US on L1 by October. So, I am planning to land in Canada some time in November. Can you comment of the following?
a) Any additional documents required for landing in Canada from US instead from India?
b) Me and my wife are landing in US in Sep end or early october on L1/L2 visa. She will apply for EAD after landing in US. Is it possible to land in canada (going outside US) while EAD application is still in process?
a) no
b) EAD has nothing to do with your visa status or your right to return into US. To return into US, you need to have a valid visa. As long as you have it, your re good.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

As per IRCC:
a sibling means your brother or sister related to you by:

• blood (biological):
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or sister
  • adoption:
    • adopted brother or sister
  • marriage:
    • includes a step-brother or step-sister who is not related to you by blood or adoption and your parents are married or in a common law relationship
    • this is true on both the date you submit your profile and when you submit your application for permanent residence
To get points for having at least one sibling in Canada, they

• must be 18 years old
  • must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada
  • can be the brother or sister of your spouse or common-law partner who will come with you to Canada.

Reactions: Casatoor

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
One of the factors of CEC is that the arranged employment will be for one year after your become a PR. So if the US company is a subsidiary or parent of the Canadian one, you will be fine.
Thank you @legalfalcon

Just to clarify, I didn't applied under EE - CEC rather EE - FSW - Inland applicant. I've applied even before I completed 1 year with Canadian experience. Also, the US corporate company is the parent and all other branches & subsidiaries roll up to the parent.