Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for responding @legalfalcon. The problem is that i’m not in security check yet, that part says ‘not started’. However, my criminality check was passed in 2017, then now it’s reopened and says ‘in process ‘. So basically they are doing that process twice- is this something of that raises a red flag?
If its been over 1 year since your application has been in progress, this is common.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
I was working in a PSU in India, which comes under a government ministry but it's kind of a semi-government job. I left the same job 1 year back and I am claiming points for the same. Now, after receiving my ITA, while filling "Personal Activity" section, it is being asked to "List any government positions (such as civil servant, judge, police officer, employee in a security organization) you have held."

I am confused regarding the entry which is required to be made. shall I enter "employment" or "government position". Also i read in one thread that if "government position" is mentioned then the same somehow delays your process.

I request you to kindly help in the same. It is very urgent. I will be thankful to you Sir.
If you did not serve as civil servant, judge, police officer, or for the defence forces, you do not have to answer yes. A PSU like SBI, ONGC etc are not government positions.

Also, the will not delay the processing of your application.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
If its been over 1 year since your application has been in progress, this is common.
Ok thanks. Yes I applied May 5, 2017. So they basically recheck everything every year then?

I just wanted to know if it’s a red flag to get criminality check done twice.

Also, which one of these they say take the longest time- is it the criminality or the security check?

hitc

Feb 27, 2019
If you did not serve as civil servant, judge, police officer, or for the defence forces, you do not have to answer yes. A PSU like SBI, ONGC etc are not government positions.

Also, the will not delay the processing of your application.
Thank You so much Sir @legalfalcon . I have just one last query. As I am writing a LOE for some clarity in my documents, i am facing a conundrum in establishing the format. I have 2 options:

Option 1: Writing a master LOE for everything and then along with it placing at the start of each document uploaded a section wise letter of explanation. But, here in this case, I am planning to upload the requisite documents only in the sub-sections and not with mastere LOE.

Option 2: The other thing which I can do is that, i shall write only section specific LOE and then upload documents there only without uploading any Master LOE.

I feel option 1 is better but what I am confused is that Visa Officer may not check my section specific uploads of documents and thus it may cause problems. Please suggest.

Also, i was unemployed after my post graduation, which I have mentioned in my Personal Section. Do i need to write LOE explaining that I was searching for jobs at that time ?

Please help !!

Jibihi

Jan 13, 2019
Hi all, is it possible for an application to another country in the past be checked? Like what you filled in the application and documents submitted? TIA

nikki1992

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Now you need to remember that for the purpose of Immigration, only IRPA and the regulations are binding, not the ministerial instructions, which are more of guidelines.
Dear @legalfalcon

Thank you so much for your response. Could you please explain me what is the difference IRPA regulations and the ministerial instructions? Does the case officer only follow IRPA and not the ministerial instructions or both?

Please explain.

Thanks.

Therisaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2013
Visa Office......
In Canada
App. Filed.......
06-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
@legalfalcon, and others.

This is the response I got from CIC in the Caribbean back in April.

" This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission Canada in "the Caribbean office name here".
This Provincial Nominee application was received at our office on December 05, 2018 and is presently with the processing officer for further review. Following the review, you will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Please note that granting a specific time frame for finalization of the application cannot be given.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely"

After receiving this in April was when I ordered the CBSA report which showed the two criminality check. Do you think I should email them again? If so what do you think I should say?

ibtee

Aug 26, 2018
Calgary
Hi Legal Falcon, I hope you're fine. My query is regarding PCC. I ordered one last time from my home country and it was mostly black and white but had colored logos. Since the last one became invalid, I ordered a new one but it has been received in black and white in its entirety. Do you think this can be a issue even if the contents are ok. Even though I'll scan it in color but it will look like I scanned in black and white since they usually send PCC with colored logos and that's what IRCC will be used to. If it's a big issue, then I'll try to followup with the Police to get new ones but it won't be an easy process. Thanks

L_K_84

Star Member
Jan 3, 2019
@legalfalcon I provided the bank statement with the necessary funds, but in local currency (not USD or CAD) and now according to gcms notes my Eligibility is marked "Review required" for the Funds.How do such cases usually progress? Will I be placed in the long queue with other "review required" applications just because of the conversion issue?
Thanks

dineoctaor

Star Member
Mar 17, 2019
@legalfalcon

Hello,

I need some insight from you regarding my current situation. Please help.

Inland applicant - Aor - OCt 2018
Medicals passed - Nov 2018
Criminality passed - Jan 2019
Eligibility - Review Required since Jan 10 2019
Security - Not started

I've ordered two GCMS notes. From the latest notes, I'm able to see that, some of the earlier comments from Agent regarding my employment were deleted. I mean, 'Review required' comments were removed.

On June 4th 2019, my medical status changed from 'Passed' to 'You do not need medicals'. However, my medicals are valid through Nov 2019 and my spouse medicals got expired on May 18 2019. Yesterday, I had called IRCC agent and go to know that CIO Sydney office had sent an medical extension request to Ottawa. There isn't any change in the eligibility, it still RR.

Do you think medical extension is a positive sign? Even though my spouse medicals expired on May 18th 2019, my status got changed only on June 4th 2019 and after a week they requested the medicals to be extended.

I've read that, when the officer is looking forward to approve a case and due to expired medicals he cannot proceed further. He will request for the medical extension.

Please shed some light here.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Hello,

I need some insight from you regarding my current situation. Please help.

Inland applicant - Aor - OCt 2018
Medicals passed - Nov 2018
Criminality passed - Jan 2019
Eligibility - Review Required since Jan 10 2019
Security - Not started

I've ordered two GCMS notes. From the latest notes, I'm able to see that, some of the earlier comments from Agent regarding my employment were deleted. I mean, 'Review required' comments were removed.

On June 4th 2019, my medical status changed from 'Passed' to 'You do not need medicals'. However, my medicals are valid through Nov 2019 and my spouse medicals got expired on May 18 2019. Yesterday, I had called IRCC agent and go to know that CIO Sydney office had sent an medical extension request to Ottawa. There isn't any change in the eligibility, it still RR.

Do you think medical extension is a positive sign? Even though my spouse medicals expired on May 18th 2019, my status got changed only on June 4th 2019 and after a week they requested the medicals to be extended.

I've read that, when the officer is looking forward to approve a case and due to expired medicals he cannot proceed further. He will request for the medical extension.

Please shed some light here.
Medical extensions are granted in cases where there is a change of an approval soon. Also, before eligibility can be finalised and PPR issued, medicals have to be valid.

Given that your medical extension request has been sent, this is a good sign.

As regards the eligibility, many applicants keep sitting after an analyst review, waiting a final review by an officer.

I hope that as soon as your medical extension is granted you should see some movement in your application.

Reactions: djangoboy

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I provided the bank statement with the necessary funds, but in local currency (not USD or CAD) and now according to gcms notes my Eligibility is marked "Review required" for the Funds.How do such cases usually progress? Will I be placed in the long queue with other "review required" applications just because of the conversion issue?
Thanks
I have answered your question on another thread.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon, I hope you're fine. My query is regarding PCC. I ordered one last time from my home country and it was mostly black and white but had colored logos. Since the last one became invalid, I ordered a new one but it has been received in black and white in its entirety. Do you think this can be a issue even if the contents are ok. Even though I'll scan it in color but it will look like I scanned in black and white since they usually send PCC with colored logos and that's what IRCC will be used to. If it's a big issue, then I'll try to followup with the Police to get new ones but it won't be an easy process. Thanks
You have to provide the PCCs as you receive them, so if you were issued a B&W PCC, you will provide a scan of them in B&W, and you can include a LoE explaining this, no big deal.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, and others.

This is the response I got from CIC in the Caribbean back in April.

" This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission Canada in "the Caribbean office name here".
This Provincial Nominee application was received at our office on December 05, 2018 and is presently with the processing officer for further review. Following the review, you will be advised directly of the decision or any next steps.

Please note that granting a specific time frame for finalization of the application cannot be given.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely"

After receiving this in April was when I ordered the CBSA report which showed the two criminality check. Do you think I should email them again? If so what do you think I should say?
You can definitely send emails and seek information about your application especially if you have cross the 6 months time frame.