+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon !

Can you please advise about my application? I have no idea of what might be going on at this point. My AOR is April 11, 2018. Right from the beginning (a week after my AOR) I was requested to submit the Schedule A form for both me and my wife. No word from CIC since then. I had ordered GCMS notes before and saw that they were not happy about the documents I provided regarding my foreign work experience. I since then submitted additional documents without request via Webform. This is the latest set of notes I got (January 24th). Is there anything here that strikes your attention?

https://imgur.com/a/k2TVxo9

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
It’s a bit early for me to order my gcms notes, but I have a question that I hope a expert can help me with.
I had a request from Halifax VO to complete a form called “details of military service” I served in the UK navy and i was wondering if my background check could go to SS due to my career service. I was hoping as I’m from a partner country it wouldn’t take a long time to come back.

sdjkd

Dec 20, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon, may you help me in this matter?
I have a study permit and during my initial study permit application process I provided my CV by an email request to the visa officer, since I had no experience with making a CV, I didn't include my job description and I just mentioned one of my job title in each company that I worked. Right now in my permanent residence application, I am providing the complete details about my works in personal history and work history. By considering my circumstances, I have the following question:
1. How important and critical is our previously provided information to CIC?
2. Is it possible that my work experience be rejected by officer and I am accused to misrepresentation?

Last edited:

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
CSIS and CBSA routine seek extension, and it means that your screening is ongoing. Only after CSIS has concluded its involvement, will they send a report to CBSA, which will then start its screening and submit the final report to IRCC.

The report tells when your file was received by CSIS, which is an important date.
Thank you @legalfalcon

The 1st page of the screening request information is titled “SSRN” with client “CBSA” and status “completed”with request date of November 2017(same date my gcms and cbsa notes seem to indicate SS started) then several pages of my information (addresses, education etc.) and then several pges of activities all marked as Completed (manual review, automatic checks, etc) with the last activity shown being “response sent to client” on september 2018. The last page shows a table titled “recommendation/advice” and the results are redacted (is it normal to redact them?) and issued date september 2018. From what I understood is that it seems CSIS already sent their report to CBSA on September 2018. Is my interpretation accurate or just wishful thinking? :D

gauravahluwalia

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Category........
FSW
hi @legalfalcon

April 27 2018 AoR here.
BGC started/IP2 on 6th dec 2018
So I had ordered my GCMS in nov (which got delivered few days afted ip2) and this was there in the notes:

NOTES: 10
Created Date: 2018/05/16 13:53:33
Created By: LJ9131
Updated Date: 2018/05/16 13:53:39
Updated By: LJ9131
Restricted: No
Label: EE Eligibility
Office: Centralized Intake Office
Text:
------------------------------------ Ml 3 A11.2: Review Required R75: FSW MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - Appears Met R76: SELECTION CRITERIA - FSW
POINTS/Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 70 RPRF: Complete

SETTLEMENT FUNDS: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD $12 475 Approx. CAD $12443 - CAD $9769 as per G statement at 2018-04-18; - CAD $2674 statement at 2018-04-18; Officer, please review edoc 214971142

I never sent CSE for the RR for PoF btw. And i think the RR was because I showed majority of my funds in mutual funds but I also gave them surrender value of the investment.

Now in May 2018 my file was transferred from CIO to CPO who had it till around 22nd Jan 2019 when my file was again transferred to London, UK and even got ghost update on 22nd jan.
Also, ever since I am in ip2, the call centre agents told me I have passed eligibility. Now I am not sure if they mean pass or recommended pass. Though in my experience, agents have at times giving me contradicting info based on their mood probably (they went from eligibility pass to under review to pass in a matter of 3-4 days)
I also received email reply from Ottawa VO around 11th Jan 2019 where they told me my file was in a queue for review by officer.

My question is this:
Does the review for PoF take place before its sent to London or does it happen in London as well?
Does the fact that the file has been transferred to London along with ghost update mean the review for PoF is cleared and my PPR is close?

I have emailed Ottawa, London and even tried calling ircc since the ghost update but havent received any info.

Last update was criminality in progress, security not started and eligibility pass (as of around jan 15th)

Last edited:

Swathib89

Mar 2, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon,
Would appreciate your expertise

AOR- April 27th, 2018
MEP- may 4th, 2018
No update ever since.

I ordered my first set of GCMS notes on 10th August 2018. Unfortunately it got delayed and I received it only on 2nd December 2018 and it mentioned :

NOTES 1
Creaated Date: 2018/05/16

**11.2 AGENT REVIEW *** Lock-in Date: 2018-04-27_***********- EE FSW
Having analyzed this application based on the documents submitted by the applicant and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.
A11.2: Not Met PA does not appear to have one year of continuous work experience in primary NOC as insufficient evidence the PA performed the actions described in the lead statement and main duties.
-------------------------------

My application was missing a job roles and responsibilities letter from all of my employments (Since the format is not generic in this country) and my file has been put aside ever since then. Not even an ADR.
I obtained the roles and reps. documents and and submitted it through CSE form on 24th December 2018 (which was acknowledged on 26th December 2018). There are a couple of questions I have at the moment.
1) Since it says eligibility Not Met will my application be rejected?
2) Will the additional documents I submitted be attached on my application online? Because I do not see it on my profile and I'm not sure if it has been considered at all.
3) I see a couple of them who had the same problem. However, one month after they submitted the roles and resp. documents they got their PPR/IP2. Is there anything that I could possibly do for them to atleast start processing my application.

I have ordered for another set of GCMS notes on 12th January 2019.
I tried calling the IRCC and unable to get on the waiting list even after a million attempts. I raised a CSE form yesterday asking for the status.
Can you please suggest what I could do next?

Thank you

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon, thank you for your valuable advice. I have a concern. I heard that we are required to enter our parents names in the family history post ITA. My mother’s last name was misspelled in my birth certificate. A letter is omitted.Because my country used the birth certificate to do the police certificate, her name has been written the same way in the police certificate. We were able to receive a letter from the court in my country that testifies that she is the same person in my birth certificate. I would like to know if uploading my birth certificate and the letter issued from the court and explaining the issue in a LOE will be enough to clear any confusion. Or only the LOE is enough? Thank you.
@legalfalcon Can you please advise on this ? Thank you

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
What is the current GCMS processing time? 35 days or more?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon,

I have checked indeed, linkedin, glassdoor websites for job openings.
Is there anyone known to you who is working in the technical side on datacenter infrastructure support in storage (EMC / NetApp) domain?
None I can think of.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Actually, Human capital stream has three substreams. One of them is driven by NOC as they only invite certain skilled NOCs. If it was not driven by NOC, then it's strange that they invited some people with sub-400 CRS score and left out some people with scores more than 438
It is clearly mentioned in the EOI.

matper18

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon !

Can you please advise about my application? I have no idea of what might be going on at this point. My AOR is April 11, 2018. Right from the beginning (a week after my AOR) I was requested to submit the Schedule A form for both me and my wife. No word from CIC since then. I had ordered GCMS notes before and saw that they were not happy about the documents I provided regarding my foreign work experience. I since then submitted additional documents without request via Webform. This is the latest set of notes I got (January 24th). Is there anything here that strikes your attention?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
It’s a bit early for me to order my gcms notes, but I have a question that I hope a expert can help me with.
I had a request from Halifax VO to complete a form called “details of military service” I served in the UK navy and i was wondering if my background check could go to SS due to my career service. I was hoping as I’m from a partner country it wouldn’t take a long time to come back.
It will depend on what kind of military service you did. Were you in intelligence, explosives, or trained in espionage, and then for which country? There are many variables that go into determining if you will be put into enhanced SS.

All applicants go through security screening. No need to be concerned yet.

Datovid

Jul 8, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon !

Who signed your LOE?

TheNorms

Dec 21, 2017
Canada
It will depend on what kind of military service you did. Were you in intelligence, explosives, or trained in espionage, and then for which country? There are many variables that go into determining if you will be put into enhanced SS.

All applicants go through security screening. No need to be concerned yet.
Thanks @legalfalcon, My whole UK, RN career was as a Submariner on the Vanguard class submarine which carries the Trident 2 D5 nuclear missiles. Due to my role within this missiles launch procedure my security clearances was very high for obvious reasons. I really hope my RN career doesn’t cause delay. Your insight is very much appreciated.