+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

william123

Nov 26, 2018
Hi @legalfalcon

I submitted my application two months back.

Today while going through some threads, I saw people are recommending to mark the answer of the below question as
Not Applicable if you don't have any military or government service.

Question :- Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"

I have marked yes because in the question it is also written all of the organizations, which I thought includes private organizations ( IT companies ) as well.

Should I raise a CSE for it ?

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Boss @legalfalcon.

there is this news flowing around that applicants who submitted thier application with their spouse as non accompanying can now readd their spouses POST AOR as long as a decision is yet to be taken. Boss pls clear the air on this.

we know it is possible to add spouse and kids after AOR if one got married , had a new baby etc.

Thank you for always.
This is not new, as per the regulations you can. However, IRCC will closely determine the reason, as to why it was non-accompanying and then changed to accompanying. If you have a valid ground, there is no problem. If it was just to get more CRS points, then the applicant himself is putting his application in troubled waters as it will assessed for misrepresentation.

Further, IRCC has the right to ask more documents in support of such a change and this will be subject to A11.2 assessment.

IRCC states:

To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless

• the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.

If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements.

All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).

Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.

Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

Upon reading the above, the only interpretation is that an applicant always change the spouse from un-accompanying to accompanying, however, it will impact the applicant's CRS and MEC, if the marriage had happened before the e-APR, which could reduce the CRS and even make the applicant ineligible.

Hope this helps!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I submitted my application two months back.

Today while going through some threads, I saw people are recommending to mark the answer of the below question as
Not Applicable if you don't have any military or government service.

Question :- Have you listed all of [Applicant]'s periods of military service or government positions (if any), and all of the organizations that [Applicant] belongs to (if any)?"

I have marked yes because in the question it is also written all of the organizations, which I thought includes private organizations ( IT companies ) as well.

Should I raise a CSE for it ?

Thanks
Its not a major issue at all. However, you can send a CSE and clarify. It won't impact your application at all.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon , Like you earlier said, that the decision is definitely PPR. I got a mail from a CSE I raised. I was told my file has been approved.

Thank you once again.
Congratulations and all the best for the journey ahead!!

Reactions: BabaGod

overmars34

Jun 13, 2018
It is live, currently through GET GCMS. Send them an email and they will help you. The service will be live on our new website, with a host or other services very soon. I had to bring along a team of Lawyers, Consultants, and admin staff, to get this done, and as soon as it is launched, we are providing it through GET GCMS.
Thank you.

navkrish

Jun 1, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon

I am sorry to ask you about the same question again. You did advise that i did not misrepresent when i mentioned my status as H-1B in schedule A.. However, I am very nervous, since i am not sure, my employer withdraw/cancelled my H-1B without my notice and there are some videos in YouTube which talked about writing things only you are sure of or else they might think i misrepresented. Please look my case briefly below and suggest, should i raise a CSE for it or is it not needed? Will raising a CSE cause unnecessary complications? Thanks a lot for your help. Appreciate it

My Case briefly :

This employment is not part of my work history and no points are being claimed for it. My employer in USA was not responsive and there was no contact with him for the last 6 months of my H-1B period, i was looking for consulting job and did mention this period as unemployed and looking for job in personal history section and did not mention my employer name. I wrote the status for this unemployed period in Schedule A form as H-1B, because my I-194 (Admitted stamp) and H-1B visa was valid till the day, i left USA voluntarily (on my own). I did not stay a day more than my Visa Validity. I did not get any notice to leave or documentation from my employer or USCIS regarding visa cancellation. But H-1B can be cancelled/withdrawn any time, and the visa becomes void from that date. I am not sure whether my employer cancelled my H-1B or not. I did not receive any contact from my employer or USCIS. I fear, i might misrepresent, by mentioning my status as H-1B for the last 6 months, where in fact, i am not sure of it, as i did not receive any information. My employer is not cooperating and also not responding to me, to find out whether he cancelled/withdraw my H-1B visa or not.

Thanks again!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I case of this question both yes and not applicable seems to work.
I have seen people in few other threads interpreting the same way as @william123

What's your opinion, what's the right thing to do here.
You should answer "not applicable," but even if you answer yes, it will not be an issue.

naaz12

Mar 11, 2012
india
Doc's Request.
not yet..
AOR Received.
4 April 2018
LANDED..........
by gods grace will be there...
Hlo @legalfalcon
I hope you will be alright,

My Aor 6 April 18, Ip2-18 May 18 Eligibility,Criminality,Info sharing,Security done.
But Security and criminality of my spouse is pending

I just got CSIS notes from getgcms notes,I feel sad that I am in Security screening,But there is a date saying “”file pertaining to Mr Xx received on November 20 2018””
1-Does that means CSIS received file on 20/11/2018.
2-Does CBSA have finished his part??
3-How much time CSIS takes to finalise Security screening file.
Sir You see the letter below from CSIS
https://ibb.co/NjWWrp4

Thanks and Regards

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
So who knows if file keeps processing while VO is waiting for ADR or puts it on hold pending the document receipt ?

Reactions: rag1980

BabaGod

Star Member
Jun 5, 2018
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-05-2018
Boss @legalfalcon ,

Sir, why would an approved file still be waiting for PPR mail even after 4 weeks? Visa Office is Nova Scotia.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Boss @legalfalcon ,

Sir, why would an approved file still be waiting for PPR mail even after 4 weeks? Visa Office is Nova Scotia.
After a file is approved, it is queued and the PPRs are sent in batches. It may takes 1-3 weeks after approval for the PPR request to arrive. However, lately many VOs are not releasing PPR even after a month or more. This is purely an administrative issue or delay on their side.