12-02-2018
Med's Done....
12-03-2018
Passport Req..
28-08-2018
LANDED..........
28-11-2018
Hi @legalfalcon

I am PNP PR applicant . Applied 12 Jan 2017. Today i have received latest GCMS notes .Can you please have a look here and help me to understand the situation .

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility :- Passed
Security:Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality :- Passed
Org Crime:
Medical:- Passed
Info Sharing:Completed
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE:
Office :Montreal Immigration
#:

Notes:1 s.15(1) on the right corner of the page 81/84
Created Date:04/25/2018
Created By:
Updated date :
Updated By:
Restricted:no
Label:Genernal
Office :Centralized Intake Office
Text:Referred to DN for review of Imm5669 for spouse and Ist depedent question 6.

My spouse and child Visit Visa was refused and it has been mentioned in IMM5669 .

Why file moved to Montreal Immigration ? ,and why they want to review question 6 in spouse IMM5669 form ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

vitul24

Dec 15, 2017
During eligibility, if IRCC is investigation your employment, then you won't see many updates.
Will they reply in 6 months time frame or they can take longer?
I had asked my employer but they told me that they havent got any call/email how long generally it take for them to make decision on it

jayessess

Star Member
May 16, 2017
There is no need to withdraw yet, unless your get a refusal. Before a refusal, i..e if you get a refusal you will be sent a procedural fairness letter to prove your employment, and since you have submitted additional documents, give it some time.

As regards s13(1)(a) that refers to

Information obtained in confidence
  • 13 (1) Subject to subsection (2), the head of a government institution shall refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains information that was obtained in confidence from
    • (a) the government of a foreign state or an institution thereof;
Thank You so much,

Do you think there are any chances of refusal?

Dinara

Jun 4, 2018
Hello Sir, thanks a million for clarifying my doubt. That takes away a lot of stress.

Now moving on to the second part, the lead statement of NOC 4033, it says, "They are employed by school boards and post-secondary educational institutions". I am not employed at any school, college or university but in a private education consultancy that specializes in abroad study and preparation classes for high school graduates and above, for example, IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT and general English classes. My current duties nearly matches to the main duties of NOC 4033, like 70-80%. My work place is an independent private institute and have no affiliation with any educational board but is registered with the Ministry of Education. In fact i have also received 10 day training on my profession directly from Ministry of Education last November. So my question is, will working in a institute like i do is fine or does it have to be according to the lead statement? I have also send you PM listing all my tasks at my current job. I would be so grateful if you could have a look at it whenever you get a chance. If this part is cleared as well, my work related queries will all be resolved. Thank you so much in advance and have a great day :)

Kind Regards
Ramesh
Hi, sent you a PM. Could you please answer. Thanks!

Member01

May 20, 2017
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you are doing great! I have a question in general. I was wondering if one can get the certificate of qualification from province even if it's not necessary for the job? I am looking forward to this option solely to increase my CRS score, however, my current job do not need it.

Does CIC match the purpose of receiving certification before or after you get an ITA?

Thank you very much in advance!

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
The GCMS notes indicate that the analyst's decision at CIO for eligibility was "Review Required". Is it a bad sign that he didn't recommend a passed status but a review required status for eligibility?

When the analyst is unable to make a decision, they defer it to the officer and make the recommendation as review required. It is then the officer who will make a decision. In most cases the officer will make a positive decision, but that depends on case by case basis.

Another thing that I noticed is that my FSW scores dropped significantly. It seems that no points from my work experience was added. The notes from the agent indicated that a review was required for employment. Here are the exact notes below, with key parts of concern included:

A11.2 Case Processing Agent Lock - in Date: 2018-02-20.... Having analyzed this applicant based on the documents submitted by and the information contained in the file, I make the following recommendation.

Review Required R75: FSW Minimum Requirements - Review Required R76: Selection Criteria- FSW Points/ Funds: Review Required FSW points total: 59 (dropped from 72) Ready to Finalize RPRF: Complete
........... ........

Experience: Lock - in Date: 2018 - 02- 20 Primary Occupation NOC 2161.....
Employment histories (Review Required)
Letter confirms salary.... Letter confirms full/time employment... FSW Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 1 year.... Review Required CRS Foreign Work: 0 year(s) 0 month(s) of 3 year(s)- Review Required what does this mean? The work experience isn't 0 years. The analyst has not awarded you any points for the work experience. The analyst has deferred this to the officer, who will decide this. If your reference letters has all the details, and meets the requirements of the what IRCC asks, and also the jb duties in ref letter meet that of NOC no need to worry.

Settlement Funds: Review Required Family of 1 requires CAD 12,475 submitted bank letter and statements at the time of PR submission showing that I met the threshold amount but it was a US bank. The funds were not converted to CAD but remained as USD. Could this be what needs to be reviewed for conversion purposes? This usually happens as only officers make the conversion. IRCC does not go by day to day conversion, but has a conversion based on quarterly basis which is published by the Govt. of Canada. No need to worry about this at all.

Text: **** Agent Review*** Police Certificates R10 OK Criminality Decision Passed

Notes 3:.....
Review Type: Program Assistant.....I have this application based upon the documents submitted by the applicant... Principal Applicant Application Promoted: Existing UCI. What does this mean? This is that your application has been promoted to the next step, and the UCI is present, so no new UCI needs to be generated.
PA: Statutory details located in separate GCMS note Does this mean that only part of my GCMS notes were released to me? Is this your first time applying to IRCC, or have you applied for student / tourist visa before. if you have, then there will be 2 sets that IRCC will rely on.

Is it concerning that no specific reason was given by the analyst about the decision to request a review?

I would not be much concerned, just request another set of GCMS notes in a few weeks and see what progress has been made.

@legalfalcon I missed this part in the gcms notes. The analyst included in the notes this part:
INTEGRATED SEARCH(FOSS/GCMS): PA: Not in Status No ADVERSE INFORMATION. what does this part mean? Thanks so much for all your support while we wait for the PR.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Please I need your help,

I am a tailor and I want to apply under noc 6342.

I am a bsc graduate with acca certificate. I have my business registered as a sole proprietor type, i use my personal account to receive money from customers. In my country, our clothes are mostly custom sewn to fit your size and so it is a business that makes customers to return to their tailors again and again. It is heavily cash based from buying fabrics in the market to paying wages to employees and even when your customers pay you, it is in cash. I happen to have some transactions(large orders) paid into my personal account
I think i might have an issue in proving to the VO that some of the transactions in my personal accounts are related to the business as vo wants prove of income if you are claiming to be self employed.

Also, vo wants reference letter from clients to show contract and confirm hours of work that a self employed applicant utilizes for their work.

(in fashion business, you see a style, you tell your tailor to sew it for you and you are paid!. The customer can't attest to the no of hours you devout to the work. And also, no contract is signed.

Please how can i work around all these issues?

Thanks
If you have a business, you will have a space where you carry on the business, some books you maintain, a rental agreement, the material you buy, the bills for that, there is a whole bunch of things you can show. Even if your business is not registered, you must be paying taxes etc.
You can show all of that to support your case.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I am PNP PR applicant . Applied 12 Jan 2017. Today i have received latest GCMS notes .Can you please have a look here and help me to understand the situation .

ASSESSMENTS

Eligibility :- Passed
Security:Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality :- Passed
Org Crime:
Medical:- Passed
Info Sharing:Completed
Other Reqs:
Final:

PAPER FILE:
Office :Montreal Immigration
#:

Notes:1 s.15(1) on the right corner of the page 81/84
Created Date:04/25/2018
Created By:
Updated date :
Updated By:
Restricted:no
Label:Genernal
Office :Centralized Intake Office
Text:Referred to DN for review of Imm5669 for spouse and Ist depedent question 6.

My spouse and child Visit Visa was refused and it has been mentioned in IMM5669 .

Why file moved to Montreal Immigration ? ,and why they want to review question 6 in spouse IMM5669 form ?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
I could be due to workload distribution. However, on what grounds was the visa refused.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Will they reply in 6 months time frame or they can take longer?
I had asked my employer but they told me that they havent got any call/email how long generally it take for them to make decision on it
Most cases are done within 6 months. Only rarely it takes longer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, sent you a PM. Could you please answer. Thanks!
PMs only for personal questions, if you can post it on the thread that would be great.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

Hope you are doing great! I have a question in general. I was wondering if one can get the certificate of qualification from province even if it's not necessary for the job? I am looking forward to this option solely to increase my CRS score, however, my current job do not need it.

Does CIC match the purpose of receiving certification before or after you get an ITA?

Thank you very much in advance!
You can get a Certificate of Qualification it does not have to be related to your job. IRCC states that the applicant does not need to demonstrate that they meet the “employment requirements” listed in the NOC occupational description.

IRCC awards points for education, employment, certificate of qualification and they do not have to be related.

However, if you are applying as a PNP, you will have to meet the requirements.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I missed this part in the gcms notes. The analyst included in the notes this part:
INTEGRATED SEARCH(FOSS/GCMS): PA: Not in Status No ADVERSE INFORMATION. what does this part mean? Thanks so much for all your support while we wait for the PR.
FOSS/GCMS check is the system check again your name for prior immigration records. It states not in status, which means that you either lived in Canada after the expiry of your visa or overstayed on some other visa.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
INTEGRATED SEARCH(FOSS/GCMS): PA: Not in Status No ADVERSE INFORMATION. what does this part mean? Thanks so much for all your support while we all wait for the PR.
FOSS/GCMS check is the system check again your name for prior immigration records. It states not in status, which means that you either lived in Canada after the expiry of your visa or overstayed on some other visa.
@legalfalcon. thanks. I've never been to Canada. I applied once for a tourist visa and it was denied. So I ended up never visiting Canada. I've also never overstayed my visa in any other country. Should I put in a CSE to correct this? Could this be what is delaying my application?

Last edited: