Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon. I submitted ny application on 14th Feb. However, i just read in another forum that having previous government appointment can increase your processing time. Please is this true because my spouse worked with a government agency for a year and its in our application. I am the principal applicant. I am really worried. Will this increase our processing time?

Anticipating your response. Thank you
It depends on what government job it was, with which country and the role and responsibilities. Only if one worked for the military or intelligence or in a similar setting, the security will take a little longer than usual.

However, just because one has a government job does not mean additional processing time.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon i was asked to submit RPRF on 6th March, 2018. I paid the fee on the same day and uploaded the recipt in my IRCC account. In how many days i should expect PPR and is asking for RPRF a good sign?

The content of the letter are as follow:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the Class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medical) is still ongoing; you will be contacted if additional information is required for that purpose.

Before we can approve your application, we require payment of the Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued. The RPRF must be paid once for yourself as a principal applicant and once for your accompanying spouse or common law partner, if applicable."

AOR 26th July,2017
IP2 27 Feb, 2018
Stream PNP
visa Office London
My criminality and Medical are already passed. (from GCMS notes)

Anticipating your response. Thank you
Best Regards
Slmaan
RPRF is sent when the eligibility is mid way or passed. It is definitely a good sign. When you will get the PPR, soon. I do not make predictions, but see your GCMS notes and soon after your eligibility is passed you will have only security left.

Reactions: slmaan

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Reactions: Mtunguyas

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hey @legalfalcon

The new rule of IRCC came out which mention that you only need to provide PCC of a country if you are staying 6 months in a row. So now Do I need it?
If you have not lived for more than 6 months in a row, you do not need the PCC. Just explain this in LoE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
hi Legalfalcon

I am so frustrated, my eaor is January 14, 2017. I even got my MP to enquire about my status, in hope to get better response but even they told me what I already know criminality done , security done and medical done, only thing left is eligibility. However when I order my gcms notes, I can see that the officer did not review my file since September 2017. In the notes its mentioned that he is satisfied on balance of probabilities that I performed and meet lead statement of primary NOC. Nevertheless my arranged employment is under review and A11.2 &selection. But according to my notes which I already ordered twice since September 2017, I cannot see if anything is being done to confirm the concerns. In fact it seems the file has not been touched. From being recommend passed it went to under review is that even normal?.Everyone else seems to have security screening issue but with me its eligibility and I'll be in my 14th month in few days. What should I do?
Have you tried sending emails to IRCC at the CPC-Ottawa email id. Also raise CSE and see what the response is.

dream_canada007

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
Your Dad's rejection will not impact your application, however, you will have to provide the details and explain the circumstances under which it was rejected.

You can procure the details and the documents of your father's application. You can contact GET GCMS with the name of your father, date of birth, and the year in which the application as filed. They can help you obtain the copy of the application.
Just to make it clear do i have to really provide those details ? As in this matter the case is that as my spouse has no direct relation to my father, providing the details of my father is recommended ? I just don't want to complicate it unnecessarily and I really have no idea why it was rejected as at that time I was a kid.

Whatever it is, i am going to follow to what you say so please guide me in a right direction.

Thanks

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Just to make it clear do i have to really provide those details ? As in this matter the case is that as my spouse has no direct relation to my father, providing the details of my father is recommended ? I just don't want to complicate it unnecessarily and I really have no idea why it was rejected as at that time I was a kid.

Whatever it is, i am going to follow to what you say so please guide me in a right direction.

Thanks
You can simply file your application. However, as soon as you answer the question that have you ever applied before, if you answer yes, you will have to provide the answer. If you answer no, then you can take your chances and hope IRCC does not ask you or your name does not come up in the FOSS check on their system. If it does show up, then IRCC will seek clarification.

So being prepared before hand is better than being caught off guard.

Muhammad Faisal

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Karachi
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Karachi, Pakistan
NOC Code......
1. That will not be an issue as long as you show where the money cam in from and try and keep it up with the requirement. You can even invest the money, but it has to be somewhere from where you can readily liquidate it.

2. you should have mentioned it in your personal history.
Thank you @legalfalcon
I forgot to mention it, can I correct that mistake now? I have done some diplomas and certificate courses as well but did not specifically mentioned them in my personal history. I did wrote that I was unemployed or studying but did not mentioned that diploma/certificate name.
These diploma/certificate are not going to give me any Score. So, I thought they are irrelevant. Should I tell them about it now?

AND please help, what should I do now? for my 3 years program. Actually in my personal history I mentioned like from 2004 to 2007 I was doing that BS.c. but there wasnt any option of writing like I was doing BCS(3 years) from 2003 to 2005 and then I left for UK where I completed my BSc(4 Years)? So, I am a bit concern about how should I tell them now?

Please help.
Thanks

dream_canada007

Star Member
Dec 6, 2017
You can simply file your application. However, as soon as you answer the question that have you ever applied before, if you answer yes, you will have to provide the answer. If you answer no, then you can take your chances and hope IRCC does not ask you or your name does not come up in the FOSS check on their system. If it does show up, then IRCC will seek clarification.

So being prepared before hand is better than being caught off guard.

Ok so please guide me, which one should i get e-GCMS or GCMS + ?

Till i remember "The question, Have you ever applied before ? " only applies to the primary applicant in this case my wife, am i correct ? If that's the case than i am saved from mentioning anything.

Thanks for your reply.

I2

Star Member
Sep 26, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For s15/16 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

• (a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

• (b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

• (c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

• (d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,
if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.

If the information in your GCMS notes pertains to the above, it will be retracted and the corresponding section will be listed on the page from where it is retracted.
For s15/16 see
https://www.getgcms.com/blog/s15-s16-top-right-gcms-denote/

21 (1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

• (a) advice or recommendations developed by or for a government institution or a minister of the Crown,

• (b) an account of consultations or deliberations in which directors, officers or employees of a government institution, a minister of the Crown or the staff of a minister participate,

• (c) positions or plans developed for the purpose of negotiations carried on or to be carried on by or on behalf of the Government of Canada and considerations relating thereto, or

• (d) plans relating to the management of personnel or the administration of a government institution that have not yet been put into operation,
if the record came into existence less than twenty years prior to the request.

If the information in your GCMS notes pertains to the above, it will be retracted and the corresponding section will be listed on the page from where it is retracted.
Thanks

Reactions: legalfalcon

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Ok so please guide me, which one should i get e-GCMS or GCMS + ?

Till i remember "The question, Have you ever applied before ? " only applies to the primary applicant in this case my wife, am i correct ? If that's the case than i am saved from mentioning anything.

Thanks for your reply.
The question is in the list of statutory questions and each individual in the application has to answer the question.
If you just want the GCMS notes, you will need to apply for e-GCMS. If you need the GCMS notes and the copy of the entire application and supporting documents, then you will need to apply for GCMS+.

Zara Khan

Star Member
Dec 20, 2017
Dear Falcon
I consulted an immigration firm which later turned out to be fraudulent, they are not registered in Canada nor in Pakistan and they couldn't guide me through the process as they promised, but since my case was strong and i was proactive myself, so I got my ITA, now i want to withdraw my case but they are not letting go of my login and ECA

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you @legalfalcon
I forgot to mention it, can I correct that mistake now? I have done some diplomas and certificate courses as well but did not specifically mentioned them in my personal history. I did wrote that I was unemployed or studying but did not mentioned that diploma/certificate name.
These diploma/certificate are not going to give me any Score. So, I thought they are irrelevant. Should I tell them about it now?

AND please help, what should I do now? for my 3 years program. Actually in my personal history I mentioned like from 2004 to 2007 I was doing that BS.c. but there wasnt any option of writing like I was doing BCS(3 years) from 2003 to 2005 and then I left for UK where I completed my BSc(4 Years)? So, I am a bit concern about how should I tell them now?

Please help.
Thanks
There is no need to mention the specific degree or diplomas. Only education / unemployed is sufficient. When I read your question, I was under the impression, that you did not mention that you were studying at all in the personal history section.

Just write 3 years education
and then 1 year UK -Education.

Reactions: Muhammad Faisal

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear Falcon
I consulted an immigration firm which later turned out to be fraudulent, they are not registered in Canada nor in Pakistan and they couldn't guide me through the process as they promised, but since my case was strong and i was proactive myself, so I got my ITA, now i want to withdraw my case but they are not letting go of my login and ECA
No need to worry. If you have your application number, you can create a new MyCIC account and then request that your application number be transferred to your new account. Also provide the reason.

For the ECA, if you applied it on your own, you can ask WES to issue you a new report.