17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legalfalcon,

I need your guidance regarding my submitted application. I had l1b visa interview in December which didn't go through but my visa status is still administrative processing because of which i didn't mention it as visa denied. Should i raise cse to clarify this as I haven't mentioned it while submission

Thanks in advance for your advice
No need to raise a CSE, as there is no decision. Also, if the application is abandoned, then too you do not need to disclose it as rejection.

Reactions: HopefulDreamer101

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon,
I have got NS DEMAND express entry PNP now preparing to submit PR application. Would like to know do i need my current employers reference lettr during submission?
Yes, if you are claiming points for the work experience.

Reactions: HopefulDreamer101

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi,
Does anyone know what exactly it means to have a comment from officer that 'i am satisfied that the pa meets the eligibility under EE M1 PV2'
EE - Express Entry
M1 -No public health risk or danger, no public safety danger and no excessive demand (MEDICAL)
PV2 - Provincial nominee processed abroad (PNP Eligibility)

Member01

May 20, 2017
Skilled experience is both in Canada and outside, i.e. total. Then it will ask you a specific question about work experience in Canada, that is where you answer the Canadian work ex.
Hi, legalfalcon,
Thank You...
So, in this case, even in that 10 years question, I select 1 year while calculating my points in CRS tool...

However, still i am unsure how there is a huge difference in scores between CRS tool and my EE profile. Also, while we create EE profile, it only asks for if you have any work history, so, I have entered all the details of my last 1-year experience, still my points are very low..

Also, for the question regarding high school points, if I see this link on CIC, it says in the end, that 30 points are awarded for ECA assessment results based on your degree:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Can you please provide some insight on this?

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
EE - Express Entry
M1 -No public health risk or danger, no public safety danger and no excessive demand (MEDICAL)
PV2 - Provincial nominee processed abroad (PNP Eligibility)
My medical is still not passed and the gcms notes do not mention anything about the medicals of my stepson which was set as review required( we did not submit it as he won't be accompanying)

Does this mean they have sorted it or will await decision from ndvo.
Cpc officer mentioned eligibility passed which was earlier review required.

However at ndvo eligibility and security set to not started and medical is in progress and criminality passed.

Ush

Aug 9, 2016
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
B
App. Filed.......
06-03-2017
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Hi legalfalcon

My cousin is willing to apply express entry along with his spouse n kid.he is working in IT field India.
Should he get a original job experience certificate from company or attestation copy should do good ?
Because it is very hard to get a original letter from company’s letterhead since it is a MNC .

I have heard that Canadian immigration demands an original document interms of employment experience.

Expecting your reply

Mullaimano

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Hi Mr.Falcon
Greetings.
I have applied for visitor visa in October to attend my brother's wedding and was refused. Again i have applied for the same on December 5 the and still waiting for a reply. Now i am planning to apply for express entry. But i have given wrong employment details(duration of work) by mistake in my visitor visa applications. And the employment details with which i am gonna apply for express entry have experience letters. So different information in express entry and visitor visa application concerns me a lot. Please suggest what to do.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi, legalfalcon,
Thank You...
So, in this case, even in that 10 years question, I select 1 year while calculating my points in CRS tool...

However, still i am unsure how there is a huge difference in scores between CRS tool and my EE profile. Also, while we create EE profile, it only asks for if you have any work history, so, I have entered all the details of my last 1-year experience, still my points are very low..

Also, for the question regarding high school points, if I see this link on CIC, it says in the end, that 30 points are awarded for ECA assessment results based on your degree:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/education-assessed/read-report.html

Can you please provide some insight on this?
You are confusing things here unnecessarily.

There are two issues

1. CRS - You get maximum points for 3 years of work ex, you are only showing 1. You are not reading the questions and answering them incorrectly.
2. Also for the skill transferability factor, if you only have a Secondary school (high school) credential and only 1 year od Canadian work experience, you get "ZERO" points.
3. In your post above you mentioned you have foreign work experience, and then you you are now only mentioning the 1 year Canadian work experience.
4. Your skill transferability score is also tied up with your IELTS Score based on the band you get.

I cannot answer your questions in abstract with conflicting information. I shared the link with you, and I don't think you bothered looking into it or calculating your score manually. You are just randomly picking up links to make yourself feel happy that you should have a high score.

For education, you get the points for the highest education you have, you DO NOT add the points for all you have done so far, i.e. if you have a Master's you cannot add the points for High School + Bachelor's + Master's.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

See

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My medical is still not passed and the gcms notes do not mention anything about the medicals of my stepson which was set as review required( we did not submit it as he won't be accompanying)

Does this mean they have sorted it or will await decision from ndvo.
Cpc officer mentioned eligibility passed which was earlier review required.

However at ndvo eligibility and security set to not started and medical is in progress and criminality passed.
You have to provide the medicals of all immediate family members even if they are not accompanying. See https://www.getgcms.com/blog/medicals-preparation-expect-diagnosed-ailment-comprehensive-post/

You should have receive a request for your step son's medicals, if your spouse is the biological parent of the step-son.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi legalfalcon

My cousin is willing to apply express entry along with his spouse n kid.he is working in IT field India.
Should he get a original job experience certificate from company or attestation copy should do good ?
Because it is very hard to get a original letter from company’s letterhead since it is a MNC .

I have heard that Canadian immigration demands an original document interms of employment experience.

Expecting your reply
All applicants have to provide proof of work experience with the detailed job duties.

The reference or experience letter from the employer, which
  • should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
  • should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits
Only in a case an applicant's company refuses hot provide the above letter, or not not provide all details, can the applicant substitute it with a letter from a colleague, supervisor on a plain paper and have it notarized. But that letter too should have all the above listed details, except that it will be on a plain sheet of paper. Also, this will have to be explained in the LoE and supplemented with IT returns, pay stubs, increment letters, offer letter etc.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Mr.Falcon
Greetings.
I have applied for visitor visa in October to attend my brother's wedding and was refused. Again i have applied for the same on December 5 the and still waiting for a reply. Now i am planning to apply for express entry. But i have given wrong employment details(duration of work) by mistake in my visitor visa applications. And the employment details with which i am gonna apply for express entry have experience letters. So different information in express entry and visitor visa application concerns me a lot. Please suggest what to do.
First, you will have to see what information you provided in your Visitor's visa application, and what your actual work info is. If you do not remember or do not have a copy of your filed visitor's visa application, then get it from IRCC to know what is the difference.

Then you will have to explain it in LoE with your PR application.

himsin

Feb 11, 2017
@legalfalcon

I got to know that you are a connoisseur in EE matters and your advice value a lot by the forum. And thus I felt a need to write to you wrt the unexpected delay in my PPR. I hope if you can understand and share your thoughts wrt my profile.

My TL is as follows:

FSWO Indian PA + spouse + kid
Living in India having only one PCC and visited only one foreign country in lifetime. No travel history of spouse or kid.
AOR - 16th May'17
Medical cleared - 28th June'17
IP2 - 2nd Aug'17
PPR - awaiting

GCMS - ordered in Sep and Nov'17 generated on 1st Oct'17 and 21st Nov'17, respectively.
Eligibility, Medical, Criminality - all passed, Info sharing - complete, other Reqs - cancelled, Security - seems to redacted, Final - blank.
Both notes have s.15(1) and s.16(1)(c) on the right hand top corners on some pages. Assessments – Security status redacted and Activities – Sub activity – something seems to be redacted for me and my spouse. Security Screening or SS nowhere found on either GCMS.

Called the CIC call centre many times only to know that BGC are in process and they can’t commit any timeline. Asked about the SS and they told I’m not. Raised CSE and sent emails through my consultant and got the generic replies that more verification is required and thus can’t commit on the dates.

Can you pls help me what may be the reason of so much delay of 248 days post AOR!
Am I in SS or not?
If not what is the probable delay and when can I expect PPR?
If yes then how long can it take?

Regards,

MoeD

Apr 23, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon

My application is now 9 months in since my AOR, so i raised my first CSE and was told background check is ongoing, and they will contact me again when they can but to note that it is unlikely to happen for quite some time yet. Is it normal to take this long? And have you came across anyone who received a reply like this before? I’m worried what they may see as a long time, may mean much much longer in my dictionary.