+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

chetan_ndl

Jul 3, 2017
@legalfalcon Thanks for your reply.

As you said, getting PCC from embassy or psk is the way to go.

Now that I have applied in embassy in Norway and have the receipt with my name/passport number/fee and purpose mentioned, would this be considered as proof by CIC?

Meanwhile, if I visit India for 2 weeks or so and apply PCC at psk, get it issued and fly back. Would that be ok since I am just visiting not living in India anymore.

Many thanks!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon ,

I m a returning candidate from Canada and have significant history in Canada as below.

First entry December 2010 – Study Permit – George Brown College

August 2012 – Study Permit extension refusal (inland)

January 23, 2013 – Work Permit approved (restoration inland)

January 19, 2015 – submitted application for open work permit under C11

January 23, 2015 – LMIA based work permit expired, stopped working

March 25, 2015 – advised of file transfer to CIC Edmonton

August 25, 2015 – Work permit refusal CIC Edmonton; subsequent S44 report for non- compliance written by Edmonton within 6 days

Sept 1, 2015 – Applied for restoration of status as visitor

Sept 10, 2015 – Work permit refusal at POE, flagpoled to apply for LMIA based work permit while within restoration period

Sept 17, 2015– Attended interview at CIC Edmonton.

Sept 21,2015 – Left Canada per CBSA instructions with voluntary departure order, even though application for restoration in process

December 2015- visitor record refuse
for obvious reason that, i left country therefore i was not eligible to had my temporary status restored.

Got Supervisor LMIA in retail, from Ontario Employer Nov 2015
Work permit application applied twice after i came to India 2015, those refusal as below with reason.

January 2016- LMIA based work permit refused-
Reason-
officer was not satisfied with my work experience which was provided to support my current work permit application-He felt It was inconsistent information provided in all my previous submission to CIC.

May 2016- LMIA based work permit refused-
Reason
- Officer was not satisfied that i was adequately meet the job requirement of my prospective employment.

This is my whole history since 7 years and now i m working as store Manager in retail since 2 years and my wife also working as store supervisor since 4 years.
We have got enough points for express entry but i was afraid of my Immigration history what if i applied again and get rejected again? do i have fair chance if i m going to apply again? Right now we are planning to apply with My Wife as primary applicant and i m her dependent. would that make any help?

What you best advise for this colourful history?

Additionally my previous employer is willing to help me with LMIA but his name/business name is already in my file notes since 2014 so what if IRCC thinks this would be some kind of arrangement for bringing me in.? should i go with his LMIA again?

please please advice me on my case. I m so worried about this.

Thanks in advance

What is your question?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Thanks for your reply.

As you said, getting PCC from embassy or psk is the way to go.

Now that I have applied in embassy in Norway and have the receipt with my name/passport number/fee and purpose mentioned, would this be considered as proof by CIC?
yes

Meanwhile, if I visit India for 2 weeks or so and apply PCC at psk, get it issued and fly back. Would that be ok since I am just visiting not living in India anymore.
That will not work because as per IRCC
  • For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country.

Many thanks!

dh5689

Aug 20, 2014
What is your question?
What is your question?
Right now i m working as store Manager in retail since 2 years and my wife also working as store supervisor since 4 years in india
We have got enough points for express entry but i am afraid of my Immigration history what if i apply and get rejected again? do i have fair chance if i m going to apply again? Right now we are planning to apply on My Wife as primary applicant and im her dependent. would that make any help?

What you best advise with this colourful history?

Additionally my previous employer is willing to help me with LMIA but his name/business name is already in my file notes since 2014 so what if IRCC thinks this would be some kind of arrangement for bringing me in.? should i go with his LMIA again?

please advice me on my case. I m so worried about this.

Many thanks

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Sir, hope you are well. I am asking this question for my friend. He is in the EE pool for several months. He initially selected NOC on title of his job without knowing matching job duties and responsibilities are more important. I gave him advice for the same. However, i am not too sure about one thing myself. If he is going to change his NOC now after many months, will it cause any concern after he gets his ITA? Will he need to write a LoE in relation to changing his NOC to case officer while submitting for his AOR? Thank you very much in advance and have a good day :).

KASK

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Singapore and Etobicoke
LANDED..........
31-12-2017
Dear @legalfalcon,

I am 170 days from AoR. My file was transferred to Singapore Visa Office in mid June 2017. No movement ever since. Many people are discussing that SGVO is very slow.

Do you have any information about it?

What do you suggest me to do if my processing time exceeds the 6 months limit.

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Hope you would be fine, I want your authentic opinion about a situation.

I have an offer of PostDoc Fellowship in Toronto (ON) with an annual package of CAD 55,000 + Benefits. I don't know yet about the exact benefits, but one thing is certain that FAMILY INSURANCE & DENTAL would be covered, as per their policy. Postdoc fellowship is a Taxable Income, I don't know yet what exact would be my NET Salary, may be around 42K net. The position is full time (30 hours per week), for 2-years fixed term project, contract would be issued by university.

I have a family with 1 Child (3 Yrs), do you think this package is sufficient enough to maintain a good life standard in Toronto? I am a bit skeptical about it. Besides, I am in pursuance to have a negotiation about package with them, let's see!
Additionally, the main question is:

- Can I claim any points for this offer in Express Entry? As some ppl saying it's LMIA excempted, so I can't and others are saying you can (from a range of 50-200 points), depends upon NOC. even I am not sure about NOC of this PostDoc Fellowship. I am an IT Scientist.

Your valuable opinions would be appreciated, kindly share your experience.

Would such offer help me to get any points in EE?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Right now i m working as store Manager in retail since 2 years and my wife also working as store supervisor since 4 years in india
We have got enough points for express entry but i am afraid of my Immigration history what if i apply and get rejected again? do i have fair chance if i m going to apply again? Right now we are planning to apply on My Wife as primary applicant and im her dependent. would that make any help?

What you best advise with this colourful history?

please advice me on my case. I m so worried about this.

Many thanks
If things are clear and you meet the EE requirements, there is no reason why you would be rejected. Based on your history before, do you have any specific concerns, which are still pending, then lets discuss them one by one.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello Sir, hope you are well. I am asking this question for my friend. He is in the EE pool for several months. He initially selected NOC on title of his job without knowing matching job duties and responsibilities are more important. I gave him advice for the same. However, i am not too sure about one thing myself. If he is going to change his NOC now after many months, will it cause any concern after he gets his ITA? Will he need to write a LoE in relation to changing his NOC to case officer while submitting for his AOR? Thank you very much in advance and have a good day :).
NOC can be changed anytime, even after ITA, but before submitting the application and it has no impact on the EE application. If you change NOC before filing the application, but post ITA, no need for LOE

Reactions: KingKurly

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon,

I am 170 days from AoR. My file was transferred to Singapore Visa Office in mid June 2017. No movement ever since. Many people are discussing that SGVO is very slow.

Do you have any information about it?

What do you suggest me to do if my processing time exceeds the 6 months limit.
Have you ordered GCMS notes. They will help you know if you have cleared eligibility. If you have cleared eligibility, you are closer to PPR. If there has been no movement on your eligibility, then it would take longer.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon,

Hope you would be fine, I want your authentic opinion about a situation.

I have an offer of PostDoc Fellowship in Toronto (ON) with an annual package of CAD 55,000 + Benefits. I don't know yet about the exact benefits, but one thing is certain that FAMILY INSURANCE & DENTAL would be covered, as per their policy. Postdoc fellowship is a Taxable Income, I don't know yet what exact would be my NET Salary, may be around 42K net. The position is full time (30 hours per week), for 2-years fixed term project, contract would be issued by university.

I have a family with 1 Child (3 Yrs), do you think this package is sufficient enough to maintain a good life standard in Toronto? I am a bit skeptical about it. Besides, I am in pursuance to have a negotiation about package with them, let's see!
When you talk about standard, this differs from person to person. You can check you salary and taxes - http://www.ey.com/ca/en/services/tax/tax-calculators-2017-personal-tax

With an income of 40K in hand, you will be able to live comfortably, but don't expect to have a grand house, or lavish lifestyle. You will meet the basic amenities with ease.

Additionally, the main question is:

- Can I claim any points for this offer in Express Entry? As some ppl saying it's LMIA excempted, so I can't and others are saying you can (from a range of 50-200 points), depends upon NOC. even I am not sure about NOC of this PostDoc Fellowship. I am an IT Scientist.

See - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=672&top=29

Post Doc is not a job, rather it is a continuation of studies. The federal government and most provinces classify the post docs as something between students and workers. So it will depend on your contract, and how they classify it.

Your valuable opinions would be appreciated, kindly share your experience.

Would such offer help me to get any points in EE?

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NOC can be changed anytime, even after ITA, but before submitting the application and it has no impact on the EE application. If you change NOC before filing the application, but post ITA, no need for LOE
Thanks a lot for clarifying my confusion once again. So no need for LOE at all as he still hasn't got ITA! I will advise him accordingly. Have a great weekend. :)

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
[QUOTE="legalfalcon", post: 6324218, member: 578891][/QUOTE]
Thanks a lot for your prompt and valuable response.

Though, I still have a doubt, as your answer about PostDoc may be valid for CEC, but I am an FSW Candidate, so if it's a full time job though for fix-term of 2 years, taxable icome offer, why not CIC should consider it as 'Arranged Employment' to give me 50-200 points? May be for the students who have study permit there and got PostDoc in Canada, would not be considered.

ontabound

Sep 1, 2017
Hello LegalFalcon,
I have an urgent question.
My wife has stayed in the US for up to 6 months and a FBI Police clearance was required.
We made arrangements for it before submission and it is almost completed so I was not surpised when I got an ADR for her US FBI PCC.
We were given 60 days to submit this.
Surprisingly, they asked for FBI PCC for me too. I have only spent a total of 3 months on all my visits to the US.
My plan is to reply with her FBI PCC once we have it and also write back that I have only spent 3 months while applying for my FBI PCC at the same time.
Do you think this is a good plan ? Can the Officer see reason since I have only spent 3 months?
What do you think is the best step forward?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello LegalFalcon,
I have an urgent question.
My wife has stayed in the US for up to 6 months and a FBI Police clearance was required.
We made arrangements for it before submission and it is almost completed so I was not surpised when I got an ADR for her US FBI PCC.
We were given 60 days to submit this.
Surprisingly, they asked for FBI PCC for me too. I have only spent a total of 3 months on all my visits to the US.
My plan is to reply with her FBI PCC once we have it and also write back that I have only spent 3 months while applying for my FBI PCC at the same time.
Do you think this is a good plan ? Can the Officer see reason since I have only spent 3 months?
What do you think is the best step forward?
IRCC can request PCC for countries you have visited. It is their discretion. So as of now, submit your wife's PCC, and then inform them that you only lived in US for 3 months. However, also mention that in case IRCC, needs your PCC, you may be provided additional time and they will let you know.