+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thank you >>>>>>>>> Legalfalcon <<<<<<<<<<<

dds2010

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hello legalfalcon,
Is there any difference between Background check and security screening?

My AOR is Jan 13. On July 24 my Background changed from NA to under review the second time. Some people on forum say that this is Security screening and your application gets delayed like weeks or months.

Could you please shed some light on this?

Where can I find more info?

I have submitted web forms and e-mailed Ottawa, same response that my app is under process. I ordered GCMS notes last week.

Please advise. Thanks a ton!

ahsanemirates

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
The eligibility takes place in 2 steps, first a program analyst will review the documents and then make a recommendation, then this recommendation will be reviewed by an IRCC officer, who will make a final determination. Only after the final determination has been made will the BGC start. Unfortunately, the MyCIC updates do not help you ascertain which stage you are at.

To read on different stages see https://www.getgcms.com/blog/express-entry-application-processed/

To know the stages and the exact status, you should consider GCMS notes.

For the MyCIC status message, there does not seem anything wrong with the application. You can wait it out and it seems that if the eligibility is passed the BGC will start soon.
Thank you very much legal falcon , appreciate your prompt reply . I just checked my profile and ADR changed again to " we are reviewing your additional documents". I hope it's a positive move. One more thing I would like to ask you please , my CRS score was 441 and I got ITA at 440 cut off in February , I checked my application now on my CIC profile it's showes my CRS score has gone down to 418. What is this all about

ezio

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
No, it is no problem. IRCC does take time in replying, but a new date is given when the request is approved. If you have changed your address and moved permanently, it is your responsibility to inform IRCC. This does not impact the processing of your application.
Thank you very much legalfalcon.

One last concern, so staying permanently in my home country means that I have started working here with no intend to go back to Canada in the meantime, is that right? or it is limited by the time I spend continuously in my country out of Canada?

avijeet.singh

Jun 22, 2017
@legalfalcon
Hi legalfalcon,
my sister holds a PR but she stays with her husband so the lease and utility bills are on his name. How do I show that she resides there in this case? Please advise..
She has her bank card though and a credit card.
what document should i use?

Last edited:

optimus.prime

Jul 3, 2016
@legalfalcon

Hi Legalfalcon,

Thanks for your contribution to the forum!

I'm a FSW-Inland applicant and my passport is expiring towards the end of March. As I'm already in Canada, does the minimum 6 month passport validity rule apply to inlanders as well? I was wondering as there would be no physical stamp on my passport.

Indi88

Star Member
Jan 29, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
Hi, @legalfalcon

I followed your instruction but i could only find the following:

SUB ACTIVITIES: 4
UCI: ........................
Type: Candidate - FSW
Score: 80
Status Updated Date: 2017/04/01 ( I am not sure if it is the calculation done by any officer as the status update date is the date of my AOR so i guess it is just the automatic calculation)

FSW MEC
EDUCATION
Client Highest Level of Education: 23
Canadian Study:
WORK EXPERIENCE
FSW Minimum Duration: 14
FSW Points Grid Duration: 11
ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT
FSW Arranged Employment: O
ADAPTABILITY
Adaptability: 10
Client Age: 12
LANGUAGES
Client First Official Language: 24
Client Second Official Language: 0
FSW Minimum Language: Met
FUND
Minimum Funds: Met
FSW Funds Exempt: N

Thanking you in advance.

The calculation will be in the pages above the notes. Just peruse them and you will see the calculations for FSW, CEC etc as each program is compared if an applicant meets that.

Ushah1234

Aug 11, 2017
Hey @legalfalcon! I am at BGC - We are processing your BG check. We will message..... Is the final review done by Visa Officer at this stage or it is pending?? Can u pls let me know what process is still left to be done??
AOR - 29 April
Meds passed - 22 June
BGNA - 23 June
Addn docs not required - 1/2 Aug
BG IP2- 22 Aug

Ushah1234

Aug 11, 2017
Hey @legalfalcon! I am at BGC - We are processing your BG check. We will message..... Is the final review done by Visa Officer at this stage or it is pending?? Can u pls let me know what process is still left to be done??
AOR - 29 April
Meds passed - 22 June
BGNA - 23 June
Addn docs not required - 1/2 Aug
BG IP2- 22 Aug

VO is NDVO!

Sumon_M

May 25, 2017
If you applied to SNIP, you may get a nomination, but when you accept the nomination and file your application through the express entry, you will have to demonstrate that you meet the CRS and the MEC.

You can definitely re-take the language test and if that lets you meet the MEC, you will be fine.
Thank You sir, Thank you very much for your reply.
I really appreciate your patience and accurate answer.

Cann2017

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Hi legalfalcon,

I have a query regarding transfer of funds, after landing in canada.
During landing, i am planning to show my(primary applicant) bank statement from home country as POF.
Currently i am in my home country. My bank insisted that the physical presence of the account holder is necessary to do wire transfer to a bank in another country.
So my bank suggested me to give a post dated cheque to my mother (who will be present in my home country), having another account in the same bank, so that she can encash the cheque into her account, and bank can do a wire transfer from her account to mine (in canada). Bank told me to send an email request for the same, after opening an account in canada.
My Concerns Are:
1.Is it necessary to do a wire transfer directly from primary applicant's account in home country to account in canada.
2 If the money is transferred from my mother's account, will that be an issue later...(bank informed me that there is no other way to get my fund transferred,since i don't have an address proof in canada).
Please guide me on this.
Thank you for all your help.

HarryPotter85

May 9, 2017
You just cannot copy the job duties as is, as this is what creates the suspicion that there is something wrong and there will be investigation for sure. It will not be a problem in BGC, it will be a problem in eligibility.
The thing is, my employer didn't give the proof of employment in the IRCC format so I got one signed from my manager.
Will it be Ok if I get a new reference letter signed from my manager and submit the proof of employment details again via CSE..all the details including the new reference letter?
My application is in eAPR/AoR state and medical hasn't passed yet. I can make the job duties updated as suggested by you and send a request to CSE for this.
Will it do any good for my case and decrease the possibility of rejection?
Kindly guide.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello legalfalcon,
Is there any difference between Background check and security screening?

My AOR is Jan 13. On July 24 my Background changed from NA to under review the second time. Some people on forum say that this is Security screening and your application gets delayed like weeks or months.

Could you please shed some light on this?

Where can I find more info?

I have submitted web forms and e-mailed Ottawa, same response that my app is under process. I ordered GCMS notes last week.

Please advise. Thanks a ton!
All files have to go through the BGC, which involves screening from CSIS and other federal agencies. To read on it see http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/the-anatomy-of-a-background-check-in-depth-analysis.500146/

However, in some case application have to go through an additional security screening called SS, this is where i.e. becomes a time consuming issue. in most cases the CSIS completes the process fast, but it gets stuck with CBSA, which i high backlogs.

Reactions: Wandering Mind

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you very much legal falcon , appreciate your prompt reply . I just checked my profile and ADR changed again to " we are reviewing your additional documents". I hope it's a positive move. One more thing I would like to ask you please , my CRS score was 441 and I got ITA at 440 cut off in February , I checked my application now on my CIC profile it's showes my CRS score has gone down to 418. What is this all about
It could be because of your age. I don't see any other issue.

If its because of age, nothing to worry and you can read on age and EE https://www.getgcms.com/blog/age-impact-express-entry-application/

Reactions: Wandering Mind