Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
If your passport will be valid for less than 6 months, IRCC will not issue a PR visa on it. It is better that you renew your passport now and update it via CSE and send them the bio pages.
Thank you LegalFalcon

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
@legalfalcon

It is really Generous of you stay back on Forum to help others....

I have a very common question for which i would love to get response from you.
My background status changed from Not Started to Not needed at this time, can you please help me understand what could be the possible reasons for that, and when does it happens
Dear eEgal falcon
I need your support plz..i ve decided to show my POF using gift deed from father and rest of the amount would be mention as sale of gold, for this i will show CIC a transfer of asset and sale deed as a proof...i also intend to mention my mother house who passed away 2 years back and and as per heirship i am also a shareholder of this house...so can i show this heirship in my proof of fund?? this is not in cash but saleable and i have an asset in my country after showing all my funds...would dat be beneficial??

karens

Jul 15, 2017
During my e-APR submission, I did not have the means to pay the RPRF fees upfront so my consultant only paid the Government Processing Fees. Now I have the RPRF Fees ready with me, but my consultant is saying we can pay it only when the CIC requests the same.

Is that true?? Please @legalfalcon can guide me on the same with some valid Canada Government Links to show to my consultant. Thank you.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
During my e-APR submission, I did not have the means to pay the RPRF fees upfront so my consultant only paid the Government Processing Fees. Now I have the RPRF Fees ready with me, but my consultant is saying we can pay it only when the CIC requests the same.

Is that true?? Please @legalfalcon can guide me on the same with some valid Canada Government Links to show to my consultant. Thank you.
See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/fees/imm/rprf.asp

Payment of the RPRF will be required before issuance of the permanent resident visa for applications processed at visa offices or the permanent resident record for applicants in Canada. Each contact with the applicant should include a reminder that the RPRF is required, and that the visa will not be issued or the client will not become a permanent resident, as the case may be, until payment is received. It should also be emphasized that early payment of the RPRF will avoid delays in finalizing the processing of the application for those classes where it is appropriate, such as priority family class cases. Other cases, such as family class sponsorships of parents and grandparents, where the processing time is known to be long, RPRF instructions specify that the client should wait to pay RPRF until contacted by CIC.

Although concerted efforts will be made to solicit payment at the early stages of processing, CIC must accept payment of the RPRF whenever it is submitted. This is a requirement of the Financial Administration Act. CIC also has no authority to refuse to refund the RPRF upon request of a client who has paid up front or at any time before the RPRF is due for visa issuance/permanent residence status. This is a change to the past policy that RPRF payments already submitted for applications in process will not be refunded, unless the application is refused or withdrawn, or does not result in permanent residence status being granted.

Should a client complete all other documentary and regulatory requirements for acquiring permanent resident status but fail to pay the RPRF and complete the acquisition of permanent residence process, there is no legal basis for closing the file or regarding it as abandoned.

How to pay the fee - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/result.asp?countrySelect=&lob=eepr

Reactions: karens

MarcAnthony

Star Member
Dec 20, 2015
Hi @legalfalcon

I'm an international student in Canada at the moment and also a PNP-Inland PR applicant. I recently crossed the 4-month processing mark.

I work part time in my province of nomination and my employer would like to offer me full-time but I can only work part-time during the semester as per my study permit. Do you think a letter from my employer with some sort of "conditional employment/potential employment" may help my case?

I've never heard of anyone who did it but I'm wondering if it's something that CIC even accepts. I called CIC but the agent wasn't able to provide any guidance unfortunately.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon

I'm an international student in Canada at the moment and also a PNP-Inland PR applicant. I recently crossed the 4-month processing mark.

I work part time in my province of nomination and my employer would like to offer me full-time but I can only work part-time during the semester as per my study permit. Do you think a letter from my employer with some sort of "conditional employment/potential employment" may help my case?

I've never heard of anyone who did it but I'm wondering if it's something that CIC even accepts. I called CIC but the agent wasn't able to provide any guidance unfortunately.
If you are offered a job, it will add more CRS points, which you already have as a PNP. Apart from that, it is of no use and won't impact the processing of your application in any way.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
Dear eEgal falcon
I need your support plz..i ve decided to show my POF using gift deed from father and rest of the amount would be mention as sale of gold, for this i will show CIC a transfer of asset and sale deed as a proof...i also intend to mention my mother house who passed away 2 years back and and as per heirship i am also a shareholder of this house...so can i show this heirship in my proof of fund?? this is not in cash but saleable and i have an asset in my country after showing all my funds...would dat be beneficial??
dear legal falcon plz look into this

app4ee

Feb 13, 2017
IRCC does not work with day to day currency fluctuations. However, it would be advisable that you your add more funds to your account and send a new PoF and explain it in the LoE that the currency has fluctuated.
Hello legalfalcon,
Thank you for the quick response. Can you please tell me how to send new POF ? is there any email link or do i have to add in my application

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
dear legal falcon plz look into this
For the PoF, you cannot show assets like property. Only assets which can be readily liquidated, like fixed deposits, mutual funds can be shown. Also there is no requirement to proof, where the funds are from as long as you have the average 6 months balance.

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
Dearest @legalfalcon

When we get PPR request to send passport to Ottawa. But if we reply back to them to ask them to change our VO as we do not reside in canada anymore. How long does cic takes to transfer the file? As we have 30 days deadline so just worried. Does CIC will send out new details?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dearest @legalfalcon

When we get PPR request to send passport to Ottawa. But if we reply back to them to ask them to change our VO as we do not reside in canada anymore. How long does cic takes to transfer the file? As we have 30 days deadline so just worried. Does CIC will send out new details?
When you change your address you should inform IRCC about it immediately, which you should have done through this link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

However, if you have not done it, do it now and you will be given the VO in your country.

If you request for a VO change after you get the PPR, then it will take a few weeks for them to respond do it. It is fairly quick and done without any problem. They will give you another 30 days from the time when you get a new VO. But, why wait until then, just do it now and be free of stress and delay.

Deepi_911

Apr 24, 2017
When you change your address you should inform IRCC about it immediately, which you should have done through this link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp

However, if you have not done it, do it now and you will be given the VO in your country.

If you request for a VO change after you get the PPR, then it will take a few weeks for them to respond do it. It is fairly quick and done without any problem. They will give you another 30 days from the time when you get a new VO. But, why wait until then, just do it now and be free of stress and delay.
I have already updated them and even called them last week to confirm. They confirmed me that address has been changed. I am just worries how long they will take to give me new instructions and whether the new instructions will have new 30 days deadline.

moonarch

Oct 31, 2015
For the PoF, you cannot show assets like property. Only assets which can be readily liquidated, like fixed deposits, mutual funds can be shown. Also there is no requirement to proof, where the funds are from as long as you have the average 6 months balance.
thx for your response...i ve no adequate 6 month avg balance...but i m takng amount from my father as gift and 50% of amount i m catering selling my gold so closing balance will be above the requirements...is it nt fine way to show my cash??i m shoing my house valuation just for addition otherwise i m not gonna claim this as my POF...plz suggest